Round 8 Results

Re: Round 8 Results

MGS 7(dec)-320 (Skala 130, Keath 60, Bett 50) defeated Brighton 209 (Drummond 80*)

MGS made an imposing total, in reply Brighton were 4-40 odd at one stage. Drummond hung around for a very,very long time, one of the gutsiest and smartest innings I've seen. They looked as if they were going to sneak home for a draw, their 5th and 8th wicket partnerships both holding on for ages. Brighton shouldnt be underrated

XC 7 (dec) - 229 (Curtain 56) def SKC 110 (Hannan 3fa McGorain 3fa) and 9-96 (Hannan 5 fa)

St Kevins bowled very defensivly on Saturday morning meaning runs can slowly. Xavier declared just before drinks after lunch. McGorain left the field in the 6th over of the second innings, which really hurt Xavier. Clancy managed to hold Xavier off with a gutsy effort of top scoring and being not out in both innings.

GGS 5 for 118 and 1 for 92 beat Wesley 60 and 149

Wesley batted first ( well turned up anyway) and then got spanked early on. Howarth and Walter batted well and got GGS to within a few runs. Wesley not only could not bat or field then tried sledging their way out.

One of the Wesley batsmen must of taken lessons from Coleman.

Graham 4 for 10 the 3 for 56 Howarth 35 and 65 NO. Walter 60 odd.

cockroach raider;330919 said:
I think that leaves the ladder all over the place!!
42 MGS
38 GGS
37 XC
Top 3 I think??

yep thats right, scotch are 4th on 31, i think, unless caulfield or carey overtook them on the weekend.

MGS v Xavs will effectively be a grand final, provided the winner wins their following two games.

TheStraighter1;331275 said:
the way GGS are going, they will win the competition.
Beeeeeep wrong they wont win because they have already lost 2 games and who is to say they wont lose more!! It will be between MGS and Xavier.

FioraDud;331152 said:
yep thats right, scotch are 4th on 31, i think, unless caulfield or carey overtook them on the weekend.

MGS v Xavs will effectively be a grand final, provided the winner wins their following two games.

it will be a massive game, i have heard a rumour though that it will be held at Todd Rd which would be a shame.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

through the gate;331371 said:
it will be a massive game, i have heard a rumour though that it will be held at Todd Rd which would be a shame.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

yes it will be. no more games this year on MGS' main oval because its in terrible nick. groundsmen can't water the ground as they dont have the water tanks available.

have heard rumours that xavier are bringing 3 buses full of kids to watch the game

FioraDud;331397 said:
yes it will be. no more games this year on MGS' main oval because its in terrible nick. groundsmen can't water the ground as they dont have the water tanks available.

have heard rumours that xavier are bringing 3 buses full of kids to watch the game

there should be at least that seeing as there was three buses at St Kevins this weekend

through the gate;331398 said:
there should be at least that seeing as there was three buses at St Kevins this weekend

well make sure they're not missing church choir practice or do they sing at the games

cockroach raider;331306 said:
Beeeeeep wrong they wont win because they have already lost 2 games and who is to say they wont lose more!! It will be between MGS and Xavier.

Think of this. MGS is beaten by Xavier, GGS outrights Geelong College, then GGS wining is a possibily. If MGS win then pretty much all over red rover.

Dickie bird;331432 said:
Think of this. MGS is beaten by Xavier, GGS outrights Geelong College, then GGS wining is a possibily. If MGS win then pretty much all over red rover.
Well dickie bird here's another one MGS and XC Draw And GGS win on first innings only! If I was GGS I would only worry about winning because at least they will come second after the next round.

FioraDud;331397 said:

Beware the Xavier crowd...for those who've played at Xavier (2dayer) will agree they have the loudest and best crowds in the APS.
Very Bay 13 like

Back