School Cheersquads and Spirit

solo_kid

School Cheersquads and Spirit

It is without genuine doubt that Xavier have the best school spirit in the APS. the numbers, and support to get behind all of their 1st XI teams, especially the first XI is first rate.

Why are all the other school's cheersquads, besides St Kevins who are respectable, so incapable of getting a few to turn up, especially for a home game?

What do u think about cheersquads in general?

I rate in order, the cheersquads

Xavier
St Kevins (Green jackets are a nice touch, need more support though)
Melbourne Grammar (Although the drum is gimp and deserves to be kicked by another Xaverian this year)

the rest, although Brighton are probably next with a few nice mums in the stand.

Re: School Cheersquads and Spirit

skevs cheersquad struggles because of teacher control. very good support otherwise, lots of numbers

stingwilba;340999 said:
skevs cheersquad struggles because of teacher control. very good support otherwise, lots of numbers

the red and black army has teacher control but still manages to be the loudest, rowdiest, most supportive and passionate cheersquad in the aps

Out. of the rough;341021 said:
the red and black army has teacher control but still manages to be the loudest, rowdiest, most supportive and passionate cheersquad in the aps

ahhh debatable. if you were at SKC Xavier game you would have noticed how skevs were under very strict control. obviously xavier had more. ill admit that. but skc doesnt have borders like xavier.

stingwilba;341032 said:
ahhh debatable. if you were at SKC Xavier game you would have noticed how skevs were under very strict control. obviously xavier had more. ill admit that. but skc doesnt have borders like xavier.

what does that have to do with anything, in the 150 strong xavs at the xc vs skc game there were max 20. borders, still would have outnumbered skevs massively

I must admit the Xavier have a great cheer squad, they have some hilarious chants...
i am from BGS when we got rolled for 42 and i couldn't stop laughing at some of the things they said.
I think it is great to have some support from fellow students, it is all in good fun and makes the game more enjoyable for all!

through the gate;341204 said:
what does that have to do with anything, in the 150 strong xavs at the xc vs skc game there were max 20. borders, still would have outnumbered skevs massively

yes xavier did show skevs up. no excuses

Co-ed schools struggle to get numbers down to support their mates. Having girls makes a huge difference at some schools
I'm partly sure if Xavier(best crowd, best atmosphere in the APS) went co-ed there'd be a dip in numbers and overall volume of the crowd, which would be a pity. your thoughts on that 'through the gate'?

noich;341886 said:
Co-ed schools struggle to get numbers down to support their mates. Having girls makes a huge difference at some schools
I'm partly sure if Xavier(best crowd, best atmosphere in the APS) went co-ed there'd be a dip in numbers and overall volume of the crowd, which would be a pity. your thoughts on that 'through the gate'?

This was evident with Carey's poor attempt at a cheersquad on friday afternoon. It was actually funny how embarrassing it was, drums and whistles were a good addition, but they were terrible as a whole. Small numbers and shocking attempts to chant.

Back