Sheffield Sheild- NSW vs SA at Sydney

Bundy_Dry&Lime

Sheffield Sheild- NSW vs SA at Sydney

South Oz batting first, 6 for 263.

Lots of starts, no one really going on with it. Not really good enough at this level and if we get bowled out for 300 or less I'll be very miserable.

Re: Sheffield Sheild- NSW vs SA at Sydney

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing no-one has gone on with their start scored a 100.

Though, with NSW playing so many all-rounders, we could be a chance to knock them over for as little as what we make.

SA 7/304

Deitz 50*
Gillespie 4*

Tail has stuck it out with Deitz... 9 for 394 and the big D is 95 not out. Can Tait hold out so Deitz gets a century?

Jaques runs into early form with 162 not out

Phil Jaques made the perfect start in his push for a berth in Australia's Test team with an unbeaten 162 against South Australia.

More...

Re: Jaques runs into early form with 162 not out

Phil Jaques made the perfect start in his push for a berth in Australia's Test team with an unbeaten 162 against South Australia at the SCG. New South Wales relied on a declaration from the Redbacks to end their first innings at 399, a total boosted by Shane Deitz's century, but the home side was in a strong position at 4 for 277 at stumps after another mostly overcast day.

wow, what a day for him. he keeps this up, and there's a great chance he will be playing vs England on november 23rd.

SA 9/399 dec.
NSW 304 all out

NSW buckled under the pressure from SA this morning to lose 6/26.

Tait at one stage took 3 wickets in 6 balls.

wow, wonderful efford for South Australia to wrap up there innings so quickly on day 3. Phil Jaques at the very least should be opening in the one day team, but the selectors wont pick him, he just needs to keep scoring runs, what a start for him.

Okay, Bollinger takes three early wickets.. lunch day 3 SA are 3 for 44, a lead of 143. My guess is that SA would be pushing to get the lead past 300 then declare late tonight.

Agree with Jaques as an option for the ODI team. I doubt he'll get an Ashes guernsey unless either Langer or Hayden get injured though. But he's in prime place to take an opening spot when the selectors give that 'tap on the shoulder' to one or both of them.

That top order of South Australia's, so frustrating, it needs Elliott there to give it some stability.

Hopefully the two young guns, Cosgrove and Ferguson can have a decent partnership, so it doesn't fall on Lehmann's shoulders once again.

New South Wales only need 294 to win, Im sure SA would of liked to have 350 on the board. New South Wales should be confident. Dissapointing effort from the Redbacks batsman.

Looks like the track is taking plenty of spin. Let's see if Adcock or Bailey can do the job for us. Won't be easy considering the NSW's batting lineup.

But think positive- if we win, that's two from two on a tough road-trip. Massive boost to the confidence of the team at the start of the season.

I think Phil Jaques is the key, we gotta get him.
Bailey and Adcock doing most of the bowling. Tait and Dizzy will be used in short bursts by the looks of it.

1 for 73 chasing 294.
There looking good unfortunately.

Looks like a draw if you ask me.

Damn, I reckon the Blues had a lucky escape there- only Thornley and Henriques were left, and still 100 to get... blasted rain...

Yeah would of been tight.
Looking forward to next weeks game here in Adelaide against Victoria.
Can at least go and watch it over the weekend at the Oval.
Warney will be in town, our only threat in that team, lol.

Dunno about that- Harwood and Hodge are quality players as well. Never pays to underestimate anyone in this competition.

The game will be good out here. Can't wait!

GO REDBACKS!

Bit unlucky in Sydney. but that is the way of the world. At least it is still raining somewhere in this country.

Back