Streaming Of Ashes?

dr_bab

Hi

First poster. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, admins: feel free to move it.

Anyone know of any legal ways to watch the Ashes if not in Australia or the UK?

The ECB kindly streamed everything via youtube to mainland Europe and South America, where no paid option is available.

I wouldn't mind paying to watch. I used Willow cricket in 2009, but since then I think their rights have been limited to North America only.

Any tips at all would be most welcome.

From what I can gather Cricket Australia has blocked ABC and BBC from streaming radio online outside of Australia/UK. The ABC streaming directs you to download the Cricket Live app, however this is only available in the Australian App store. Needless to say vision is not available either (legally).

I find the attitude of Cricket Australia extremely disappointing in this matter, in complete contrast to the ECB as Dr mentions above. They are letting down thousands of long time fans like myself.

Over 600,000 Australians live overseas not in the UK, to say nothing of the English fans missing out too.

oh, hello! I'm definitely going to have to check this out. Do they only stream in HD, or can people like me with less-than-excellent bandwidths downgrade the stream quality? In other words, can you change the stream options to go from 720p to something less?

Back