The all important and Deciding Round 8 RESULTS

Re: The all important and Deciding Round 8 RESULTS

cockroach raider;336389 said:
Any ongoing Friday/ Saturday Results?:D
Xavier are looking to humble the might of MGS under Paul Sheahan's last term of office!
MGS want to nail down a back to back Premiership??
GGSare looking down the barrell at a shock slaughter by GC in the local Derby!!
Scotch are clinging on to hope to finish their season up the ladder and are mathematically possibles!!
The rest , well they will have to look at next year.

I heard that Xavier were struggling against MGS!!!!!!! (XC 7 fer 140) GGS are busy trying to get GC all OUT!! No scores as yet???

hailiebury v scotch @ hailiebury

stumps - scotch 3/198

mcmahon 51*
mather 43
Jamieson 42

Williamson 2/64

Scotch, needing the outright to keep any premiership hopes alive won the toss and batted and scored very slowly to be just under 200 at stumps scoring at around 2.2 an over. Disappointing on a belter of a deck and may struggle to bowl hailiebury out on saturday given the weather forecast and slow scoring rate.

Xavier 7/140odd (77 overs)

-Bett 2/
-Voyage 3/

-Earp 35odd
-Ryan made around 30 aswell

Xavs off to a good start at 0/50 but good bowling produced wickets and xavs struggled to score runs despite a relatively flat pitch.

Might sound like mgs are certainties, but with rain predicted and current batsmen pretty well set, still anyones game really.

GGS won on first innings Gc all out for 72 GGs 4/89 no outright gained MGS and XC Drew thats putting the heat on MGS lucky GGS did not gain an Outright!!!!

I watched a lot of the mgs v xav game today..
and i am 100 % sure MGS were outplayed in every aspect of the game
Steve Singh was a consistent umpire throughout the day. although he missed the first 2 sessions of friday because he had severe diahorea sustained from the last nights proceedings!:eek:

Melbourne are a far better team than xavier. The competition is now out of MGS and Geelong Grammar. Geelong are on absolute fire lately and wouldnt be suprised if they cld scrape home with a premiership cup even though i believe mgs are a far better team than GG also.

Cant help but go large;336808 said:
Steve Singh was a consistent umpire throughout the day. although he missed the first 2 sessions of friday because he had severe diahorea sustained from the last nights proceedings!:eek:

Steve Singh what are you talking about didn't he play for bgs a few seasons back

Cant help but go large;336808 said:

turn it up buddy, xavs had mgs 5-105 in the innings chasing 175, surely they were a great chance to beat them.

solo_kid;338880 said:
turn it up buddy, xavs had mgs 5-105 in the innings chasing 175, surely they were a great chance to beat them.

mate that score is deceptive. MGS has 34 overs to make 150. Attacking shots were played and MGS lost all there wickets bar one from people playing shots they never would hav played. had MGS had even another 15 overs, they would have been able to play more naturally, cos when the batsmen defended, they werent in any trouble. the scoresheet is very deceptive and even gossy agreed they were outplayed competely.

Back