the consensus and your tip

solo_kid

the consensus and your tip

so heading into the last game, the premiership cup is pretty much between melb grammer and xavs, unless scotch or geelong outright each other and melb and xavs both lose (extremely unlikely)

the ladder currently stands

Melbourne grammer 51
Xavier College 50
Geelong Grammar 44
Scotch College 44

Melbourne VS Caulfield

Xavier Vs Wesley

Meaning, Melbourne has to lose and Xavier secure a win, or Xavier win outright, and a Melbourne win will be useless.

Who is your tip to win the cup?

Re: the consensus and your tip

solo_kid;340994 said:
so heading into the last game, the premiership cup is pretty much between melb grammer and xavs, unless scotch or geelong outright each other and melb and xavs both lose (extremely unlikely)

the ladder currently stands

Melbourne grammer 51
Xavier College 50
Geelong Grammar 44
Scotch College 44

Melbourne VS Caulfield

Xavier Vs Wesley

Meaning, Melbourne has to lose and Xavier secure a win, or Xavier win outright, and a Melbourne win will be useless.

Who is your tip to win the cup?

Xavier to win by 2 points
(XC def. WC and MGS draw Caul)

id back XC to outright Wesley purely on the strength of their team and their record for the year
apart from an aberration against Carey they have been the best performed team

MGS to beat Caulfied, but only on first innings

Premiers: Xavier College

All depends on who bats first and what the pitch is like at Wesley. If Xavier bat first, I'd back Melbourne for the premiership. Otherwise xavier to comfortable outright wesley by tea on saturday and take the premiership.

Melbourne to beat caulfield on first innings only.

Out. of the rough;341019 said:
id back XC to outright Wesley purely on the strength of their team and their record for the year

cmon mate, thats not true. it took xavs 96 overs to make 175 against MGS, and we had you covered at 1-70 until we needed 7 an over to WIN the game. no rain and we would have won. so what you outrighted BGS and nearly outrighted skevs. we rolled skevs for 100 and passed em 5 down in the game reduced to one dayer because of the heat. we rolled wesley for 120 and were 1-125 in the other game reduced to a one dayer because of heat. you have lost a game, we havent. but it should be an exciting last round

Out. of the rough;341019 said:

Must be joking. Dishes sums it up. Grammar had Xavier sewn up if it wasn't for rain.

Maybe so, but at the end of the day its who is on top.

I dont think you should be complaining, Xavier have also been behind the 8 ball from day one. You guys played and won when it was raining whilst we had a WASH out against Geelong College, one of the weaker sides in the comp.

I do however, think the APS system is a joke, and there should atleast be finals, as anything could go wrong and disadvantage your side. Look, MGS may go through a whole season without losing but not winning the premiership. Its traditional, but surely has to be reviewed.

I will feel bad for MGS if they dont win the premiership. You should not have to win outrights to win a competition if you never lose a game. They have been the most dominant and consistent side in the APS both last year and this year. They have done everything they could. Good Luck, smash those caulfield boys and show your class and beat them outright to wrap it up.

solo_kid;341354 said:
Maybe so, but at the end of the day its who is on top.

I dont think you should be complaining, Xavier have also been behind the 8 ball from day one. You guys played and won when it was raining whilst we had a WASH out against Geelong College, one of the weaker sides in the comp.

I do however, think the APS system is a joke, and there should atleast be finals, as anything could go wrong and disadvantage your side. Look, MGS may go through a whole season without losing but not winning the premiership. Its traditional, but surely has to be reviewed.
Totally agree with you solo_kid the system does need finals also love to know how Alex Graham got up your nose considering he can't bowl and you greeted him with sixes I do suspect you were one of his victims and he probably gave you a cheap send off!!;) oh and my tip is both teams will win by first innings and MGS hold title ...however Xavier deserve to win because they lost 1point due to washout earlier in season.

cockroach raider;341370 said:
Totally agree with you solo_kid the system does need finals also love to know how Alex Graham got up your nose considering he can't bowl and you greeted him with sixes I do suspect you were one of his victims and he probably gave you a cheap send off!!;) oh and my tip is both teams will win by first innings and MGS hold title ...however Xavier deserve to win because they lost 1point due to washout earlier in season.

Well considering we only lost 3 wickets that game against Geelong, i would say your mistaken.

cockroach raider;341370 said:

but MGS are yet to lose a game and xavier lost vs carey. Therefore, how do xavs deserve to win.

Back