The Lounge 2

Have been watching the Olympics like never before. Have the time to enjoy it now and, what's more, am being fascinated by our streaming offer which allows you to watch anything from A-Z at any time which is crucial given the time difference.
Was watching the tennis semi-final and final with Zwerev. Great because I normally can't see both players (Dokovic) because Grand Slam tournaments are broadcast by Pay-TV channels only.

Have been watching the Olympics like never before. Have the time to enjoy it now and, what's more, am being fascinated by our streaming offer which allows you to watch anything from A-Z at any time which is crucial given the time difference.
Was watching the tennis semi-final and final with Zwerev. Great because I normally can't see both players (Dokovic) because Grand Slam tournaments are broadcast by Pay-TV channels only.
Same here. Our Olympic host broadcaster is also streaming 30 additional feeds online. So whatever your sport they have it covered. I am presently watching the Decathlon. Chances are the two TV channels will not show that.. like a numerous other sports. And what I miss here I can catch up with on their replay platform. Brilliant

Same here. Our Olympic host broadcaster is also streaming 30 additional feeds online. So whatever your sport they have it covered. I am presently watching the Decathlon. Chances are the two TV channels will not show that.. like a numerous other sports. And what I miss here I can catch up with on their replay platform. Brilliant
Me, too. I'm curious how our World Champion Niklas Kaul is going to compete or whether his Dohar triumph was just a one-hit wonder.

Niklas Kaul is out of the competition because of injury....
I'm now looking forward to the 10k women's final on Saturday when Konstanze Klosterhalfen will be competing. She has been getting a lot of buzz because she decided to join the partly ill-reputed NIKE Oregon Project which was, in fact, a statement about the German Athletics Association saying that she can't train properly at home. She was, however, not trained by Salazar and joined the project only after he'd been banned. She says that training conditions and facilities are way better than in Germany. So, let's see what she's able to achieve in Tokyo.

Have you guys heard of the sprinter from Belarus who has gone into exile for speaking out about the coaches in her team? Such a shame really as she obviously couldn't speak her mind.

Fill me in about this athlete mate.
He was the surprise decathlon winner at the World Championship in Dohar 2019 seizing his chance when French Mayer had to stop competing due to foot injury. Now the same has happened to him. He'd started off well with a PB in high jump and putting the shot (?) but then injured himself while reaching his PB in high jump. I would have liked to see his performance now after two years. He's still young (23), though, and will be taking part in Paris again.

Have you guys heard of the sprinter from Belarus who has gone into exile for speaking out about the coaches in her team? Such a shame really as she obviously couldn't speak her mind.
Yep, I have and it didn't surprise me in view of the situation in that country. My neighbours are just went to see their families there while I'm looking after their apartment and garden. They said COVID didn't officially exist there. It's denied as it is in Brazil, Hungary and elsewhere.
BTW, have you heard of the Swiss research student who couldn't finish his doctoral thesis because he'd criticized China and the government on twitter? Three years of hard work all in vain.

BTW, have you heard of the Swiss research student who couldn't finish his doctoral thesis because he'd criticized China and the government on twitter?
That is not for real. The Swiss and the Chinese Commies in bed together?

He was the surprise decathlon winner at the World Championship in Dohar 2019 seizing his chance when French Mayer had to stop competing due to foot injury. Now the same has happened to him. He'd started off well with a PB in high jump and putting the shot (?) but then injured himself while reaching his PB in high jump. I would have liked to see his performance now after two years. He's still young (23), though, and will be taking part in Paris again.
Then he and our Ashley Moloney, 21, may just have a healthy rivalry over the coming Olympics.

That is not for real. The Swiss and the Chinese Commies in bed together?
It is for real and another example of how long China's arm is. His supervisor got one email from a Chinese student studying in Canada who had seen the tweet of the Swiss student and warned the supervisor. The professor then stopped supervising the thesis because she was afraid she would not get an urgently needed visa for China again. Both she and the student are heavily dependent on using China's biggest data banks for their research.

Back