Welcome to the new Forum!

mas cambios

Welcome to the new Forum!

Welcome back to the newly updated simply Cricket. This is only the start of many changes, which will be happening over the next few months.

Over the coming days there will be a raft of new features being added, as well as further updates to the look and feel of the forums. The best place to start is the new FAQ (see the navigation bar up top) as this will help you learn more about things such as the new social groups and post tags.

One thing you will notice is the lack of custom profile settings (batting position/bowling action) and avatars. This was due to an error in the previous database and meant that we were unable to bring them across. You can add a new avatar and update the custom user settings through your Control Panel. We apologise for this and hope you don’t mind spending the few minutes it‘ll take to redo them.

Of course, if you have any questions, then please feel free to pm myself or one of the other team members. Also, as with any software upgrade there may be one or two initial teething bugs (despite our best efforts), so if you notice anything untoward, please contact myself or AB via pm and we will get it sorted as soon as possible.

Again, thanks for bearing with us during the recent period of downtime whilst we updated; we look forward to the next phase of simply Cricket, and hope you do as well!

Mas Cambios and AB
Simply Cricket Admin

Re: Welcome to the new Forum!

Great stuff guys.

Geez took awhile, went from 30 minutes, to 2-3 hours, to past 00:03 GMT, to half an hour (which really was 3 and a half hours).

But nah, great stuff boys.

Re: Welcome to the new Forum!

I'd like to apologize for the delays. It was supposed to be over by 00:03 GMT but we ran into unexpected problems. The site has been up since 00:07 GMT but it took a lot of time for the DNS changes to take effect(it still hasn't for some people), which was the cause of even more delay.

As you might have noticed, some of the features of the old forum like the arcade are missing. We will be installing them soon along with many new features.

If you are experiencing any problems, have any queries, or spot any bugs, feel free to PM one of the admins or post in the Suggestions and Queries forum.

Back