What after the retirement of the seniors of our current Indian Team?

A

adityamookerjee

What after the retirement of the seniors of our current Indian Team?

The period of the last decade has been the Golden Era of Indian Cricket. Players like Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid, Laxman, are not seen again, after they have moved on. I must not forget to mention others, and if I do not mention, then I deserve pardon. The young players of The Indian Team are superb, but they have been inspired watching Kumble, Sreenath, and Co. performing. Apart from being superb players, the seniors have shown commitment to their cricket fraternity. It was during the tenure of Mr Dalmiya, that the contract system of remuneration to the players was introduced. The current senior players have a lot to contribute to the game, and I hope that they continue to do so for a time. I still believe Tendulkar to be the best in the game, at the present. If he feels that a less rapid tempo to his batting is required, then it is. I wish the current Indian Team all the best.

Re: What after the retirement of the seniors of our current Indian Team?

I feel the rebuilding stage has begun for the Indians. Blooding some guys in the odi and 20-20 sides like Sharma, Pathan, Sreesanth. The future is not all doom and gloom but it could be a tough couple of years for the side.

Re: What after the retirement of the seniors of our current Indian Team?

Seniors played their part. And not all seniors are going to get retired. And moreover, there is a huge line-up of the talented juniors who can easily fill up the blank place created by the seniors.

Yes, if it is about test matches then we will surely miss senior players like Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Anil Kumble and Saurav Ganguly but as far as ODI is concerned there won't be any harm by the seniors' retirement.

Back