What do you do?

marco93

What do you do?

What do you do if you are bowling perfectly and its the last few overs and the batsman are pulling anything off the off side for a four on the leg side?:confused:

Re: What do you do?

Pitch it up. Mix up your speeds. You can just about try anything... Except drop short.

and the last thing that you should do is drop your head. i think everyones had moments where they've been bowling a treat just to see the batsman dispatch them to every corner.

Pitch it up?

Put men back on the leg side, probably a deep mid wicket, deep mid-on and maybe a deep forward square leg. By the fact that the ball was from the Off side, the ball probably isn't going to go behind square on the leg side.

Also maybe a bouncer every now and then, just to remind them who's boss

mix in some slower balls, and bowl lots of yorkers, for a spinner or fast bowler i'd say mix it up though keep them thinking

I would just pitch them right up a foot or more out side of the off stump. Every ball would be trying to be a yorker or a full toss if I get it wrong. Have a field of Deep long off and on, Deep midwicket, third man, Deep cover and fine leg. Have the rest in the ring but the batsman will have to adjust after a while if you continue to bowl the same line. Switch it up here and there and send in a ball on the stumps.

Change of pace and line length with intelligent field placement.
Judging the batsmen's reaction by watching him till the last moment before releasing the ball and hope for the best.
U can try this out in the nets to practice and prepare accordingly.

Best of Luck
Virender

yorker length or at least very full outside off, mixing it up with a slower one now and again, and puttin every 3rd ball or so right on off stump.

i learnt my lesson from this bloke i had to bowl to who played alot of cricket for WA (as a bowler), however he can still hit the ball hard, the danger with pitching it up is that if you get it a little wrong its a half volley and you will get hit onto the road, since then i have found the best thing to do is cramp the batsmen up for 1 or 2 deliveries then bang in a couple of yorkers and a slowerball/bouncer to finish

variation is the key

If I have this happening to my pace bowling, I pitch one very wide towards off (but not an actual wide) and on a good to full length. See how they are on the off side when they actually have to play out there. There is no way a batsman can keep pulling things from the off side from way out there ball after ball.

Then target the stumps.

Back