When was cricket created?

JoeyaRoot

Did you know that cricket was created in the late 16th century? It was made in south-east England and it became an established sport in the country in the 18th century and developed globally in the 19th and 20th centuries.
1682089905675.png

Did you know that cricket was created in the late 16th century? It was made in south-east England and it became an established sport in the country in the 18th century and developed globally in the 19th and 20th centuries.
View attachment 1658
I thought the origins were a little more muddled than that - there were games played in other parts of Europe very similar to the one they suspect to be the one that developed into cricket we know now. I think the paintings/drawings from other places pre-date those of England and there's debate whether the English copied the game from Europe. What's your source for this info? I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I thought the origins were a little more muddled than that

I heard this too. I think with a lot of sports though the origins are uncertain and probably the sports we see today are a combination of several similar games.

Back