Who will win the Subbies Championship Final in 08/09?

10cc

Who will win the Subbies Championship Final in 08/09?

Season almost upon us, who do you think will win?

Apart from your own club that is...

Re: Who will win the Subbies Championship Final in 08/09?

you say besides your club!
what if you think your club will?
obviously not at an optimistic club there 10cc!

No no, we'll go alright, but a bit of honesty would't go astray. By all means, if you think your club will win it, happy to hear.

wont be OPs again this year! whos gonna bowl 35 overs straight for them this year! lost hobba to footscray too. picked up afridi's cousin though

well you can count out ops to even make th finals let alone champioship final, i was a member of the side who drew it against caufield last year, and from what i have herd with dale and hobber leaving also myself and a few other key blokes around the club its not looking good for them.

any team with the ''snake in the grass'' involved will be very very strong........sneaky customer

um yer looking f/ward to the year ahead

GO WILLY

I think Caufield will win the South/East side and Williamstown the North/West side.
Caufield have a very strong line up with Pritchard, Lawrence, Baldry, Richardson and Ferguson all good players.
Ferguson hasn't even fired a shot yet for them but he will.
Also Willy are looking good with Murdoch in fine form also Paul Knight after a long lay off. With Sheedy and Clemson to fire up after xmas i will back Williamstown in.
Toss of the coin who wins the championship final however.

Hard to go past 1 of the 2 subbies super clubs. 9 of the last 19 championships between them and close neighbours. Caulfield undefeated and Brighton with strong recruiting not far behind now the side has settled. Huge game next round!

brightboy;307237 said:
Hard to go past 1 of the 2 subbies super clubs. 9 of the last 19 championships between them and close neighbours. Caulfield undefeated and Brighton with strong recruiting not far behind now the side has settled. Huge game next round!

caulfield no longer underfeated..........and have failed to make it to a granny for a few years now.........they have pritchard but he aint gonna win u a flag........

cant go past box hill either proven finals contender just have to be in the top 4 at the end of the year and will be a threat to any side...........

willy still in the top 3 or 4 teams in the subbies without doubt..........with sheeds yet to fire a shot .........look out for him to have another big impact on willy getting to 3 consecutive finals series..........

brightboy;307237 said:

Nothing to change my opinion. Caulfield put in and struggled to 20 off 20. Richardson and Pritchard took control and 275 looked good. Brighton struggled early and were in trouble at 5/90 and required 9 an over off last 15. Great captains knock 130n.o off 150 with support from inexperienced tail saw Brighton home. Not much in it. Fielding may cost both teams.

brightboy;313400 said:
Nothing to change my opinion. Caulfield put in and struggled to 20 off 20. Richardson and Pritchard took control and 275 looked good. Brighton struggled early and were in trouble at 5/90 and required 9 an over off last 15. Great captains knock 130n.o off 150 with support from inexperienced tail saw Brighton home. Not much in it. Fielding may cost both teams.

thats sat/sun cricket for you......
so box hill no chance.........?

Caulfield will be up there no doubt - Richo and co haven't got much time left and window of opportunity is clsoing - maybe one final shot across the bow?

I think Ormond will win this year's Championship. O, wait i forgot the game is played on a cricket field and not on Bigcricket. Heck if it was played on forums then Ormond would pump every team in the comp.

i see know mention of melton throughout this forum, hard to understand when you notice the pickup of ryder medalist Mick Allen, the fast bowling of former essendon boy jones, blokes in the prime of their career in Alexander and kirk, the subbies legend in Gale, the brute strength of hope, the inspirational legspin of Wheelahan and the youthful exuberance of james wheelahan, Ashley "sweep" Sweet and the Golden Child in Kight. With a new coach on board the Lions Were set for a Big year and look the so called 'chokers' from the west bring home trophys from all directions under the great new leadership of Harrison and Allen. With the 1st XI premiership and Championship, a 3rd XI premiership, a 4th XI premiership aswell as taking home the Ken fewster club championship surely the subbies is at meltons feet. Melton are now the hunted but let it be known, The Melton Boys are hard to beat when they come out to play.:cool:

lionking09;342474 said:
i see know mention of melton throughout this forum, hard to understand when you notice the pickup of ryder medalist Mick Allen, the fast bowling of former essendon boy jones, blokes in the prime of their career in Alexander and kirk, the subbies legend in Gale, the brute strength of hope, the inspirational legspin of Wheelahan and the youthful exuberance of james wheelahan, Ashley "sweep" Sweet and the Golden Child in Kight. With a new coach on board the Lions Were set for a Big year and look the so called 'chokers' from the west bring home trophys from all directions under the great new leadership of Harrison and Allen. With the 1st XI premiership and Championship, a 3rd XI premiership, a 4th XI premiership aswell as taking home the Ken fewster club championship surely the subbies is at meltons feet. Melton are now the hunted but let it be known, The Melton Boys are hard to beat when they come out to play.:cool:

yeah they are hard to beat..........but........not unbeatable...........

weapons05/06;342483 said:
yeah they are hard to beat..........but........not unbeatable...........

unbeatable in the GRAND FINAL and CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL when it mattered old mate altona sports club!

Back