Woodworm Flame Performance - Is Midprice Medium Quality?

Timed Out

Woodworm Flame Performance - Is Midprice Medium Quality?

Woodword Flame Performance
Is Midprice Medium Quality?

woodwormwandkp2.jpg

This bat was ordered from www.ebay.co.uk, but through a shop with an ebay account, always be wary of buying cricket bats off ebay unless you are sure your getting the real deal.

I first got this bat back in 2005, it was the first bat id shelled out over £50 and was really looking forward to getting in the nets and giving the ball a good whack. Like all woodworms the bat comes 'Pre knocked in' however i'd advise knocking it in for around a further 3 hours after purchase. The bat comes with a lovely middle and i found that if i got it in the middle i easily found 4 and 6's being added to the scoreboard and even when it didnt hit the middle the ball still rocketed off. The bat comes with a nice design and nice edges. After playing a season and a bit with it i brought a new bat but only because the bat was too small for me. It has great balance and a good pick up and was a pleasure to play with. It picked up minimum cracks and the only cracks were due to me hammering in some stumps in a moment of idiocy.

The Bottomline: Its an old bat now, but if you find one knocking around in a sale be sure to snap it up and it will hit you for six!

Overall: 9/10

Re: Woodworm Flame Performance - Is Midprice Medium Quality?

9/10 Is a bit generous.

I had the exact same bat as this, knocked it in for a bout 4 hours (I knocked it in heaps, because I got it for my birthday and didn't want it to break).

But just that happened. I was playing in the nets, got an inside edge and it cracked. So that totally put me off Woodworms.

Hooper, with the wood being so soft, 4hours is probably 2 hours too short, id says go 6hours, then just here and there.

Well...To late now isn't it? Oh well, I bought a new Slazenger. Better then my Woodworm was in the first place.

Back