Eca

It would be good to have Councils keen on Turf cricket. Basically you need a cricket player/ former cricket player on the council to get anywhere with them. Writing in won't do much.

Cricket Vic are running grants at the moment. Worth looking into if it can help improve the facilities and perhaps the standard of play.
Isn't David Nankervis in charge of Sport & Rec at City of Boroondara? He played over 200 games for Frankston Peninsula in Premier Cricket. Would think he supports turf cricket.

Isn't David Nankervis in charge of Sport & Rec at City of Boroondara? He played over 200 games for Frankston Peninsula in Premier Cricket. Would think he supports turf cricket.
I've got no idea who is in charge. You may be right. Hope he pushes the turf case hard.

Interesting to see last years premiers lose round 1. Also Burwood getting up over Hawthorn surprised me. Another even season ahead I hope.

Day 1 of round 2 has thrown up some interesting results. Marcellin posting a big total, East Doncaster and Heathmont in trouble, SKOB's would be feeling comfortable and Burwood need 170 more to knock off Ashburton. Hawthorn and Nth Balwyn evenly placed.

Funny game cricket, unless you made a golden duck...that's not funny.

Tantsis hall is one of the leagues worst bats (as well as blokes) no idea how he could make 160. Totally agree on the aesthetics as well looks like he's been bathing in a deep fryer down lygon street.

Gee Whiz. From my interactions with him I've come away with a different impression than you chaps. If you make 160 chances are you deserve to and there is nothing wrong with ugly runs - Justin Langer made lots of them.

Gee Whiz. From my interactions with him I've come away with a different impression than you chaps. If you make 160 chances are you deserve to and there is nothing wrong with ugly runs - Justin Langer made lots of them.

He's one of the most arrogant players in the comp agreed, but he can seriously slog it. He plays the same way if they are 0/100 or 5/25, just sees ball and tries to hit it towards the nearest car park. Once a year it comes off for him so good luck to him. Not many blokes at all in the league who can make 160 odd. Still, they always seem to be in a relegation scrap every year so it doesn't come off for him too often.

Interesting to see a few getting in to Tantis-Hall, must be a few Mulgrave players not impressed with his behaviour over the past fortnight? Anyone care to elaborate?

In relation to him being one of the 'league's worst bats' - well he seems to have smashed 160 against your good selves, so wouldn't be overly critical of him on that point.

Interesting results from the weekend, Deepdene clear premiership favourites for mine.

East Donny and Mont Albert with the nightmare start of 0-2, a lot of pressure on them for the win this week. 0-3 and your in a relegation battle all season!

He's one of the most arrogant players in the comp agreed, but he can seriously slog it. He plays the same way if they are 0/100 or 5/25, just sees ball and tries to hit it towards the nearest car park. Once a year it comes off for him so good luck to him. Not many blokes at all in the league who can make 160 odd. Still, they always seem to be in a relegation scrap every year so it doesn't come off for him too often.
I made 160 in Dunstan 12 years ago!

Interesting to see a few getting in to Tantis-Hall, must be a few Mulgrave players not impressed with his behaviour over the past fortnight? Anyone care to elaborate?

In relation to him being one of the 'league's worst bats' - well he seems to have smashed 160 against your good selves, so wouldn't be overly critical of him on that point.

Interesting results from the weekend, Deepdene clear premiership favourites for mine.

East Donny and Mont Albert with the nightmare start of 0-2, a lot of pressure on them for the win this week. 0-3 and your in a relegation battle all season!
I've got a mate down at marcellin and he reckons there's a few blokes that can't stand him in the ones words like virus sum him up I'm told

Back