2014/2015 Barclay Shield

Why are you looking forward to him leaving if he was successful in getting you up, and appeared to be doing a good job?

What about your captain down there? What's he like to play under/with?

Wait, where'd I say that? I have no control over coaching appointments, I can only look forward to next season and meeting a new coach. If I'd said the opposite you'd be whinging at me for not looking forward to next season!!!

I think the skipper is an excellent captain and a great bloke to have around the club too.

Wait, where'd I say that? I have no control over coaching appointments, I can only look forward to next season and meeting a new coach. If I'd said the opposite you'd be whinging at me for not looking forward to next season!!!

I think the skipper is an excellent captain and a great bloke to have around the club too.

Maybe I misunderstood. You said that he would be leaving, the club looking for a new coach, and then your next line was "I'm looking forward to it". I took that as you didn't get along or like the coach.

Maybe I misunderstood. You said that he would be leaving, the club looking for a new coach, and then your next line was "I'm looking forward to it". I took that as you didn't get along or like the coach.

Repeat after me; Thou shall not commit logical fallacies.

Why are you looking forward to him leaving if he was successful in getting you up, and appeared to be doing a good job?

What about your captain down there? What's he like to play under/with?
I reckon their captain is a jerk and he's never welcome back to the power plant.... Once you leave that's it.... Never to return....

I reckon their captain is a jerk and he's never welcome back to the power plant.... Once you leave that's it.... Never to return....
Bloody hell with comments like this it seems no wonder blokes have uprooted and left for a better time of it...
What's the world come too when guys have their success and time at one club and want to move away for either a change, a greater personal opportunity, play with different mates etc to only get put down, judged and degraded on social media
Once you leave you're never welcome back? with comments like that who would want to

Last edited:
Bloody hell with comments like this it seems no wonder blokes have uprooted and left for a better time of it...
What's the world come too when guys have their success and time at one club and want to move away for either a change, a greater personal opportunity, play with different mates etc to only get put down, judged and degraded on social media
Once you leave you're never welcome back? with comments like that who would want to

For those that don't know - Premiersagain and Nick Curtin (who occasionally views this) are very good mates, it was all tongue in cheek. So we can all relax.

I dont know what people's expectations are of certain players however if a person has history of moving from club to club , shopping himself around for the highest amount , then they can hardly be surprised when and if they leave to join another.
Riverside will experience the same thing down the track in a year or two when their players will leave for more coin to rival clubs , as will other clubs in the district.
What Plenty should do is chase baker and/or gedge and offer them the coin which was allocated to rossbrook. Im sure their eyebrows would be raised a little....

I believe Baker has had a very substantial offer from a club in another competition, someone may have already beaten plenty to it.

Heard on the grapevine (from someone within the club) about what Riverside are looking at parting with this year...
Fair to say they want to win the flag at that rate...

Can't help but think that he is either just picked as a number, or the captain just wanted a spinner for the sake of it. He can't bat, and had a bowling average of 40. So that's a no brainer that he won't get a game next year.

cricketseason backed Gedge in straight away, but no support for the spinner so far..................

Back