2014/2015 Barclay Shield

All we've heard about so far is Riverside, anyone else got anything happening?

Tongs, any movement up at Eltham?

WanderingUnity anything happening at BU?

Brutal you blokes got anything cooking?

Anyone on here from OPSF, surely they'd be getting busy in a bid to stay up?

Was enjoying my latte this morning when I overheard Plentys own A.Villani having a conversation with certain Barrel shaped club VP at a local establishment.
"I played at Carlton with Austin, Salm and Rosbrook so where's my cash!"
Watch this space maybe another on the move!!

Any update on this sylvester?

Yes plenty have met with baker, Tuesday night I beliebe , and ridiculous money? Obviously making a point of it after Rossy left and offer is upwards of 15k from my source close to the club

;););)
All we've heard about so far is Riverside, anyone else got anything happening?

Tongs, any movement up at Eltham?

WanderingUnity anything happening at BU?

Brutal you blokes got anything cooking?

Anyone on here from OPSF, surely they'd be getting busy in a bid to stay up?
Plenty cooking, just waiting for the timer to go off;)

I'm hearing 10k each. Also hearing mont are searching for a new coach. Can anyone confirm?
Are you suggesting 10k for Salm and 10k for Austin?

That would be unders imo. Guys with that pedigree would certainly be able to get more than that if they wanted to shop themselves around.

Are you suggesting 10k for Salm and 10k for Austin?

That would be unders imo. Guys with that pedigree would certainly be able to get more than that if they wanted to shop themselves around.

Is $10k unders for each of them? Probably. But you're not paying $10k for a district player, you're paying $20k for two district players. They'd have to take a "pay cut" as such to play together. Not many clubs could afford $20k+ let alone for just two new players.

Keeping in mind they also wanted the third wheel as well. That also probably knocked their price down.

Is $10k unders for each of them? Probably. But you're not paying $10k for a district player, you're paying $20k for two district players. They'd have to take a "pay cut" as such to play together. Not many clubs could afford $20k+ let alone for just two new players.

Keeping in mind they also wanted the third wheel as well. That also probably knocked their price down.

Wouldn't have spent much over the past 10 years, I reckon they'd have a bit in the bank.

$35k for the 3 of them at least.

Imagine if they don't win it.......................

Geez, I know we paid Adam McGinty close to 45k in the 3 years he was with us. And I'm tipping he got 35-40 in his 3 years at Hurstbridge. Not complaining. Not only did he lead us to a flag but probably oversaw the best onfield culture we've had.

Not just district players but district players of the highest order. Salm named in Premier crickets team of the year last night shows he still has what it takes at the best level below first class cricket.

Brutal will be good couple gets if you blokes can land. Can see the first wicket next season already at Research park cb. Recruit b.Recruit ;):thumbsu:

Yeah, I'm saying they have effectively taken a pay cut to play together. Less credentialed cricketers are getting more at other local clubs around Melbourne.

I Don't disagree with the sentiment that 30K+ is a very large wage bill. Maybe someone down there has the money and has thrown it in to get them.

Geez, I know we paid Adam McGinty close to 45k in the 3 years he was with us. And I'm tipping he got 35-40 in his 3 years at Hurstbridge. Not complaining. Not only did he lead us to a flag but probably oversaw the best onfield culture we've had.

Not to mention that was over 10 years ago.

Stu, McGinty was brilliant but close to 46k back then ... So now days would be 60-70 maybe more

Yes, but that's one bloke getting mostly the whole booty. These boys have chosen to play together, that drives their price down as they have to share the money tin.

Mates over money. I must admit, I give them credit that they chose to play together rather than chase $20k each at different clubs.

If I'm honest, I can't see them not winning it. But gee it would be embarrassing if they didn't.

Was did Arnberger get at lower when he came?
35K for 3 quality players seems like a pretty good deal for both the players and club.

Big dollars these days... Just shows that the gap will grow between the successful clubs and the minnows. To become a successful club comes down to one thing and one thing alone... Who has a sustainable business model.. If you don't have that you got no chance

Was did Arnberger get at lower when he came?
35K for 3 quality players seems like a pretty good deal for both the players and club.
Arnberger is the prime example of a turf cricketer who just didn't adjust to all weather pitches. Has gone on to other metropolitan cricket and had some good seasons.

Good example of why bowlers are a safer bet.

Big dollars these days... Just shows that the gap will grow between the successful clubs and the minnows. To become a successful club comes down to one thing and one thing alone... Who has a sustainable business model.. If you don't have that you got no chance

Have always said that the most important job within a cricket club is the person who has to chase the sponsors, and this now rings true for all clubs within the DVCA. And given the financial stress that a lot of businesses are in within this current economic climate, the importance of a) keeping existing sponsors, and b) attracting new sponsors is without doubt the hardest job in a club.

I'd be very surprised if Diamo spend 35K (figure quoted on here, and speculation), on players. If your club doesn't produce the talent, you have to spend to compensate.

Back