Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Protecting your own. Disgraceful . I bet your club endorse being a family club. Do the Good Sports program. But you'll let someone who is a woman basher be around your juniors, players wives, daughters.

Joke.

Think you're being a bit rough on BU here Conor considering he hasn't played at or been a member of the club since the events of the past fortnight.

My source from inside the club tells me that the player in question had already told the club at the end of last season that he would not be returning.

I'm sure BU would discuss the issue internally and come up with the right decision for their club, as would yours and any other club facing an issue like this, if required.

I can't see what BU have done wrong at this point and your agenda against them is completely unwarranted.

Getting in early... Top 4 for each shield.

Barclay-
1- Riverside
2-Diamond Creek
3-OP/ST Francis
4-Macleod

Money-
1- Bundoora United
2- Eltham
3- Lower Plenty
4- Mernda

Mash-
1-Mill Park
2-Panton Hill
3-Greensborough
4-Thomastown United

BARCLAY
Creek
Riverside
Daylight
Macleod
OPSF

Relegated: Rosanna

MONEY
Mernda
Eltham (if Minney and rumoured Turner, if both don't play they'll miss finals and be replaced by Stars)
Bundoora United
Lower Plenty

Relegated: Whittlesea

MASH
Panton Hill
Thomastown
Mill Park
Who knows

So when will the fixtures be out? (Just thought I'd start the obligatory whinging early this year)

Playing dates will be out in a day or 2 and top 3 grade fixtures out in 2 weeks with the rest to follow 2 weeks after that.

Only 1 Sunday game for the season in middle of October which I'm led to believe is only for clubs 1s & 2s.

Twilight fixture to remain.

Camera have split with Thomastown and have gone back to North Metro to play in C grade, currently have no ground or clubrooms with Thomastown to stay in DVCA apparently.

Camera have split with Thomastown and have gone back to North Metro to play in C grade, currently have no ground or clubrooms with Thomastown to stay in DVCA apparently.

From the Camera website;

At a special meeting held at Main Street reserve on Monday 11th July, 2016, the following resolutions were passed unanimously by the current committee of the Camrea Taipans Cricket Club, in conjunction with a select group of Life Members and associated members of the club.

The meeting was held to address the recent decision of the club to change its name to “Thomastown Camrea Cricket Club”.

As a result of the meeting the following resolution was reached:

1. The club name will now be changed from “Camrea Taipans Cricket Club Inc” to “Thomastown Cricket Club”.

It is understood that the Camrea name will remain active and information regarding the details of this will be made known to all members in due course.

For further information regarding this decision you are encouraged to contact the club directly at your discretion.

Note:

This notice will be the final address on the current Camrea Taipans website and Facebook page. Both sites will be removed within the coming days.

Never good to see when clubs are folding. But unfortunately its looking more and more like others will follow suit in coming years.

;)
There seems to be a cast of thousands that reckon they've been told first, second and third hand. The latest I have is that he hasn't made up his mind. My belief is that the offer on the table is a 2k sign on plus 1k per game but the suggestion is that this is a verbal offer and nothing has been presented in writing. There may be conditions attached to that depending on how his hand comes up. Obviously we have had a couple of discussions with GT but I don't think we could come close to that but we are far from offering peanuts. In the 15 years at the club Glen has been substantially our highest paid player for 11 of those seasons. Bearing in mind we had Adam McGinty for 3 of those seasons. If I were to be asked my personal opinion, I'd expect that he will not be at Search. I don't think it's necessarily about $$$, but a desire to play a season with Skips and a change of scenery as much as anything. In the end and depending on the conditions of the Eltham offer, the money may not be to different. I don't think someone with 15 plus years of history moves for a couple of thousand dollars to potentially play for one season. I say one season, because he reckons he'll never compete against us. If Eltham win Money Shield, then potentially they have forked out 13 plus grand for one season. Anyway, get back to us Monday. I might have some more news then which if we're lucky will be on a first told basis, however every chance someone will no doubt know before us. Perhaps Mr Macgregor;)

It's not to play with skips brutal. I spoke to him on Monday and he said he's definitely going to play with his son.yes we've all heard that before but will be interesting to see if he does then gt might stay at search

If the comp had a president that wasn't an unapproachable dictator with personal agendas, then maybe he wouldn't have a number of members of the exec quit, and the fixtures could've been done sooner...

Rumour has it that Riverside hadn't finished recruiting and have signed yet another gun player. Getting one out of retirement.

Although looks to have been in the same retirement farm as Derek Kickett.

Rumour has it that Riverside hadn't finished recruiting and have signed yet another gun player. Getting one out of retirement.

Although looks to have been in the same retirement farm as Derek Kickett.
Heard that rumour as well Tongs. Surely would struggle going up a level again and after a year off. Must have thrown decent coin at him to get him back thou!

Back