Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

If the comp had a president that wasn't an unapproachable dictator with personal agendas, then maybe he wouldn't have a number of members of the exec quit, and the fixtures could've been done sooner...

Shots fired, SHOTS FIRED.....do go on. (and people think I'm the outspoken one!)

Shots fired, SHOTS FIRED.....do go on. (and people think I'm the outspoken one!)

You only need to look at the fact that 4 of last years exec have walked away, or were forced to walk away. 2 of them mid season. Then there are a few remaining exec members (Not all, some are fantastic) that are just puppets because they are too scared to challenge him because he threatens to quit unless he gets his way, and they don't want to be in the same position they were in a few years ago with no president. So they let him do as he pleases. Going outside of the competition rules and constitution.

You only need to look at certain handlings done last year alone to see how poor the leadership is.

You only need to look at the fact that 4 of last years exec have walked away, or were forced to walk away. 2 of them mid season. Then there are a few remaining exec members (Not all, some are fantastic) that are just puppets because they are too scared to challenge him because he threatens to quit unless he gets his way, and they don't want to be in the same position they were in a few years ago with no president. So they let him do as he pleases. Going outside of the competition rules and constitution.

You only need to look at certain handlings done last year alone to see how poor the leadership is.
Wow that sound terrible. There must be a group willing to try to oust this "dictator" :rolleyes:. Remove the chip from your shoulder.

Wow that sound terrible. There must be a group willing to try to oust this "dictator" :rolleyes:. Remove the chip from your shoulder.

You've not answered my question, what am I bitter about? What chip? Reality is, he's a terrible president only in the position because no one else wants it.

;)
There seems to be a cast of thousands that reckon they've been told first, second and third hand. The latest I have is that he hasn't made up his mind. My belief is that the offer on the table is a 2k sign on plus 1k per game but the suggestion is that this is a verbal offer and nothing has been presented in writing. There may be conditions attached to that depending on how his hand comes up. Obviously we have had a couple of discussions with GT but I don't think we could come close to that but we are far from offering peanuts. In the 15 years at the club Glen has been substantially our highest paid player for 11 of those seasons. Bearing in mind we had Adam McGinty for 3 of those seasons. If I were to be asked my personal opinion, I'd expect that he will not be at Search. I don't think it's necessarily about $$$, but a desire to play a season with Skips and a change of scenery as much as anything. In the end and depending on the conditions of the Eltham offer, the money may not be to different. I don't think someone with 15 plus years of history moves for a couple of thousand dollars to potentially play for one season. I say one season, because he reckons he'll never compete against us. If Eltham win Money Shield, then potentially they have forked out 13 plus grand for one season. Anyway, get back to us Monday. I might have some more news then which if we're lucky will be on a first told basis, however every chance someone will no doubt know before us. Perhaps Mr Macgregor;)

Speaking of sour grapes and putting people back in there box. Your a fool for ever thinking he wasn't gone. He was gone months ago, you just got played. Will be even tougher next year when Burton and his mate goes.

Happy for you to apologise and admit You was wrong.

Don't know how you could say he does a bad job when he doesn't actually do anything other than sit at riverside on a Saturday and drink his red wine with Morgan and Money.

Heard that rumour as well Tongs. Surely would struggle going up a level again and after a year off. Must have thrown decent coin at him to get him back thou!

Would be a start up player at any club. Will be there leading run getter after Salm. How will he cope only bowling a handful of overs?

Don't know how you could say he does a bad job when he doesn't actually do anything other than sit at riverside on a Saturday and drink his red wine with Morgan and Money.

On the topic of riverside and the pres I'm hearing rumours that a new recruits suspension could be reduced so he's ready for the start of the new season! If so,Tongs is spot on.

On the topic of riverside and the pres I'm hearing rumours that a new recruits suspension could be reduced so he's ready for the start of the new season! If so,Tongs is spot on.

Firstly you're against me and say he offended me in front of my Mrs, then the next minute you're on my side. You sound like my Mrs.

Sounds like you're starting to cotton on to what he's really like. His own hidden agendas running the comp and an exec too scared to take him on. Lets just say that he will happily load the gun, then hands it to his puppet to fire.

Last edited:
Definitely not your mrs tongs. You tried chatting me up once when you were cooking egg and bacon rolls at Eltham but I walked off when you went for the bbq sauce.

Last edited:
As if he would overturn a sanction from last year just because he's affiliated with Riverside.

I've witnessed him make a lot worse. Either way, he wouldn't make the call, he doesn't have the spine. He'd get his puppet to do it.

I tell you what, I wouldn't want to be in Eltham shoes if Minny is indeed playing with his son and GT only plays one season. In any case GT still hasn't confirmed what he's doing. I'm not about to suggest he's a liar even if you are. Still a bit to play out and a replacement is on standby;)

You're sounding bitter towards Eltham, I get the passion in losing a player, but the bitterness should be directed to the player. Not the new club.

Back