2014/2015 Barclay Shield

It's only May but it'll be pre-season before you know it!
In all seriousness, do we as park cricketers get much out of having a 10 minute hit once maybe twice a week 3 months out from round 1? Batting form can be so fickle yet we feel the need to hit balls in dimly lit, freezing cold indoor centres from July onwards.

In all seriousness, do we as park cricketers get much out of having a 10 minute hit once maybe twice a week 3 months out from round 1? Batting form can be so fickle yet we feel the need to hit balls in dimly lit, freezing cold indoor centres from July onwards.

It's not much use, although I do like having a hit at the indoor place in University Hill. It's fairly well lit and it has decent tracks in it. You could easily start training the first week of September and be good to go round 1 just as much as starting in July. If people are that into a pre-season, just grab a mate and hire out the ball machine twice and you'll get more batting practice than you would in a whole pre-season fixture.

Sounds like Green has gone and Mitch is going back to district. With Rossie already gone who are plenty going after?
where is green going??

more on the burton move, story i've heard 3rd and 4th hand, is capt and assistant coach for next 2 season, in excess of 20k.

serge?? bundoora?? is it pub dribble or partly true?

Anything to add to this Ex Prez?

People on here seem to know more (or think they do) about our recruiting than I do...??

yes we have picked up a few players whom I think will be handy additions and add good depth to our list.
Who those players are.. well you will all just have to wait and see...:D

First thing first, no need to carry on like that. No one is using that language to you. If you don't like reading other peoples opinions, then I suggest you don't log onto a forum that's been created for people to voice their opinions.

Second of all, I believe you wrote comments yesterday slagging my club off, then gutlessly deleted them before I got a chance to respond (yep I saw it). But when the roles are reversed, you cry like a baby. Get your facts right because it wasn't just your club I had issues with in relation to the certain topics you're sooking about now.

I just find it very ironic/pathetic that you talk about compromising the comp, when your own club made decisions that compromised the comp. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Not gutlessly removed, deleted as I re-read it and thought it inappropraite for public forum.
Was only posted for about 30 seconds ... if you saw it, then it served its purpose...

What type of cake.. yum...

In regards to Tom Burton, I'm pretty sure that I was told only one of the English recruits would be back for Macleod next season. Now I know Johnson is back, so I took it that Tom wouldn't be making the trip. I would think it highly unlikely he would play anywhere else if he were to be in town, but I'm sure Timmy or "Serge" can clear that up if they wish.

In regards to Tom Burton, I'm pretty sure that I was told only one of the English recruits would be back for Macleod next season. Now I know Johnson is back, so I took it that Tom wouldn't be making the trip. I would think it highly unlikely he would play anywhere else if he were to be in town, but I'm sure Timmy or "Serge" can clear that up if they wish.
my source is pretty confident its a done deal, he will play at bundoora...source also tells me, macleod yet to be informed!!

where is green going??

more on the burton move, story i've heard 3rd and 4th hand, is capt and assistant coach for next 2 season, in excess of 20k.

the fact that one of the bundoora spokesmen hasn't bothered to reply to this rumour is proof it's probably true.

where is green going??

I have had a brief chat with Tom on Friday and he didn't confirm or deny . I am of the understanding that Richard Johnson will be back at Macleod for this coming season and thats all I pretty much know at this stage

Could be the year of the O/S recruit. We will definitely have one possibly 2-3. Unfortunately for us we had pretty much secured a couple of handy locals but circumstance intervened and they decided to stay put. No way known we'll be paying 32k+ and trying to sustain that on a year to year basis. At the end of the day, you can hang out for a local that may not eventuate or bite the bullet and lock down a player you know your not going to end up in a bidding war for. For this season the latter looks to be the option. We will still have a fair contingent of home grown types and also a chance of 1 or 2 returning from "higher" levels. Probably 3 weeks away of from confirming anything, apart from an imported quick who is coming out here to study anyway and won't cost a cent.

I have had a brief chat with Tom on Friday and he didn't confirm or deny . I am of the understanding that Richard Johnson will be back at Macleod for this coming season and thats all I pretty much know at this stage

interesting serge, my extremely reliable source tells me its a done deal, appears he hasnt told macleod yet! more than a few bundoora people, not even on committee are running with it too

There's a lot of money flying around for 1st XI players and there must be some pretty peeved 2nd XI guys and/or loyal clubmen around the place who see positions open up, only to be filled when their executive throw money at some ring-ins.

Maybe clubs need to be looking at developing the players they already have rather than just taking the cubic dollars approach to playing lists.

There's a lot of money flying around for 1st XI players and there must be some pretty peeved 2nd XI guys and/or loyal clubmen around the place who see positions open up, only to be filled when their executive throw money at some ring-ins.

Maybe clubs need to be looking at developing the players they already have rather than just taking the cubic dollars approach to playing lists.

That's a bit rich coming from a Bundoora Utd person. How many 1st X1 players from your club actually played juniors there ?

Cant confirm or deny that Bundoora has signed Tom but i do know that he was shopping himself around via email!
Good pick up for Bundoora that will compliment Higgins,Macauley and Gardiner.
I can also say that one club upon hearing how much Tom was asking had to remind him that his name was Tom Burton and not Freddie Flintoff!

"Hello,

My Name is Tom Burton, I'm 22 years old and i am looking for a club out in Australia for 2015/2016 season. I am an English all rounder from Leicester. I played my county cricket at Warwickshire County Cricket Club in the 2nd X1 and also Unicorns cricket. I have spent the last 3 Australian summers playing for Macleod Cricket Club in the DVCA Barclay Shield and I've found it a good and enjoyable competition Last year i won the DVCA Christensen Competition Medal. I am looking to come out to Australia for my fourth year with a view to helping coach the senior sides as i have a Level 2 coaching badge. Please find attached my cricketing CV

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards

Tom Burton."

Back