2014/2015 Money Shield

True if you count 1 game as being a former first XI quick
Even at one game, its probably one more than 80% of players in the DVCA. I think he would of played a lot more if not for a shoulder reco if my memory serves me correct , but i could be wrong.

If it's the player I think you are talking about, you might find he is returning home to Plenty CC. Maybe Premiers Again could shine some light on it.
His dad and little brother are at Lower plenty so if family ties have anything to do with it I'd say James would go there. He had a shoulder op from a footy injury and this has restricted his pace but wish him luck and hope he can gain full use again.

"Ten of the Best"....Words can't describe how cowardly it is to try and tarnish a young mans name is on a public forum without really knowing the deeper details. Given you're a GCC player, your answer is pretty clear cut on why he left now. Why on earth would he continue associate with people as low as this calibre and now cowardly reputation hmm? His loyalty for 8-9 years at the age of 23 is outstanding and should be commended not questioned.

He leaves GCC with his held held high and with plenty of life long friends.

If you want the hard truth about the reasons he left, he is only a phone call away. His reasons are completely justified and relevant even though it wasn't what you expected. This in turn might put that bitter twisted mind at peace and stop acting like a fool and embarrassing an already struggling club, really poor form and only detrimental for its reputation. Hopefully you have the guts and humility to apologise for your conduct and be a real man.

Looks like another one gone from the borough.
Not many left from this team......http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=1348854

If it's the player I think you are talking about, you might find he is returning home to Plenty CC. Maybe Premiers Again could shine some light on it.
Yeah not quite sure on that one either way at the moment. I would imagine if he was going to be playing DVCA then he would prob play Barclay Shield but who knows...

Lower Plenty seem to be going all out in this year, is that now 4 or 5 new players in to the 1's.

I guess with the chances of winning a Money Shield flag (and promotion to Barclay) being so much harder from 16/17 onward with 3 Barclay clubs going down, that 15/16 is a massive year to win promotion.

I guess with the chances of winning a Money Shield flag (and promotion to Barclay) being so much harder from 16/17 onward with 3 Barclay clubs going down, that 15/16 is a massive year to win promotion.
What a joke that Money Shield premiers get promoted and 3 from Barclay get the flick. Mernda were better off winning promotion next season not this one

What a joke that Money Shield premiers get promoted and 3 from Barclay get the flick. Mernda were better off winning promotion next season not this one

Would have beaten the bottom 4 sides in Barclay this year easily anyway.

But agree, very good year to win it this year, dodge the 3 relegation season of death and then go from there.

Would have beaten the bottom 4 sides in Barclay this year easily anyway.

But agree, very good year to win it this year, dodge the 3 relegation season of death and then go from there.
Thats a pretty big statement considering they had virtually the same team the year before in Barclay and went down. NEW aside I think the other 3 showed they could at least be mildly competitive against most other teams. Too say Mernda would have beaten them easily is a bit rough on those teams

Thats a pretty big statement considering they had virtually the same team the year before in Barclay and went down. NEW aside I think the other 3 showed they could at least be mildly competitive against most other teams. Too say Mernda would have beaten them easily is a bit rough on those teams

No disprespect to the bottom teams in Barclay this season intended at all and it's not directed at them, moreso directed at Mernda being a decent side coming up, but my honest opinion is that they would struggle against the Mernda Money Shield winning side of this year.

Let's not forget that the season Mernda got relegated (on the last day unluckily) that Carlson (5) and Baker (2) did not play full seasons.

Considering one is a former Premier Captain that made 99 in the GF this year, and the other is a DVCA wicket taking machine that took 6 for FA in the GF, I'd assume they would be a vastly better side now than this time a year ago.

Back