AFL NAB Cup

Re: AFL NAB Cup

Its good that footy's back but last night was a shocker. West Coast looked terrible and i dont know whether Collingwood are any good or not because they were the only team who played last night

I think West Coast poor performance was a result of their large number of inexperienced players compared with Collingwood who fielded close to their full strength team.

DoubleO7;322866 said:
I think West Coast poor performance was a result of their large number of inexperienced players compared with Collingwood who fielded close to their full strength team.

Both played close to what will be their best 22 for next year. Collingwood didn't look too bad, top 8 material but they won't challenge the top 4. West Coast will struggle, but that's expected. One positive I saw for them was Glass and Staker looked pretty good. Also the new bloke, the one of the rookie list, he looked pretty good.

Mousey;322958 said:
Both played close to what will be their best 22 for next year. Collingwood didn't look too bad, top 8 material but they won't challenge the top 4. West Coast will struggle, but that's expected. One positive I saw for them was Glass and Staker looked pretty good. Also the new bloke, the one of the rookie list, he looked pretty good.

Seven of our first 22 were missing last night. We fielded a pretty young side but having said that we aren't going to be setting the world alight this year. I reckon about seven wins or more for 2009 would be an adequate goal with an intent to challenge for finals in 2010.

Mousey;322958 said:

That was cockie, who can't play till after mid-year anyway. Eagles were treating it as little more than a training match though, the intensity from the pies was much higher so I wouldn't be reading all that much into it.

Ablett has to be,once again,the brownlow favourite, superb in the first match.
Daniel Rich for the NAB Rising Star.
Carn the Lions.

bundybullz08;329415 said:
Carn the Lions.

Cmon Iffy, Lions have gone as far as they can go, but this Friday we'll see a nice, big win by the Bombers Boys ;)

Carn the Lions.
Ziebell, ftw!:p
mid wicket;329436 said:
Cmon Iffy, Lions have gone as far as they can go, but this Friday we'll see a nice, big win by the Bombers Boys ;)

I predict a Lions win.

Johno Brown to kick a bag! He is playing right?

mid wicket;329436 said:

Well,seeing that....

J.Brown - absolute freak
J.Charman - our number 1 ruckman
D.Merret - the bloke that takes the oppositions best forward
S.Black - Almost got the brownlow last year
T.Johnstone - Superb year last year
M.Rischetteli - Star of the future
J.Brennan - Freakshow

Are all out of this weeks game, the bombers have a tiny chance of winning.
But still, its against the bombers so i'm still backing the lions to bring this one home.:)

Carn the Lions.

Good post. I agree. Ablett looks just great and I said Rich for the NAB Cup when he was drafted, and I'm sticking with it. :p

Rich is a man-boy with a head like dropped pie :D Stephen Hill will be a far better player.

Back