Arms pumping while running up

phil2oo8

Arms pumping while running up

Hi ,real quick one coz I'm going nettin in and hour and half. My coach said if i want a little more pace i should be pumping my arms as i am running up. What does this mean and how does it benefit really? Also bit sidetracked , how do u put our wrist behind the ball before bowling it to be quicker? I ask this as I'm 15 and only hit 65 mph maximum.
thanks Phil

Re: Arms pumping while running up

It's often considered good practice to pump the arms when running up. Thinking about height is important as well because it helps with getting high in the delivery stride I think.

The wrist behind the centre of the ball is, IIRC, the best position for pace alone.

phil2oo8 said:
Hi ,real quick one coz I'm going nettin in and hour and half. My coach said if i want a little more pace i should be pumping my arms as i am running up. What does this mean and how does it benefit really? Also bit sidetracked , how do u put our wrist behind the ball before bowling it to be quicker? I ask this as I'm 15 and only hit 65 mph maximum.
thanks Phil
If you want to bowl quick, run in straight lines with arms pumping forward like a sprinter (or Brett Lee), don't get high at the crease as this slows your momentum, slowing your pace. Keep arms/wrist straight and drive knee towards chest and head towards target. All in a straight line of course. It sounds very easy, but takes practise and a few more tweaks after you have been coached properly.

Interesting point about height. I suppose I lose speed in the way I do it then, but it helps my rhythm no end. I'll post up a video sometime.

Back