Ashes 2010/2011: England in Australia

Good day for Australia, bad day for England. This pitch is pretty lively which is probably a good thing as we will get a result here.

I won't be confident until Australia lead by at least 400.

Australia 4/211 leading by 292! A good lead so far, We need a few more runs though..... 350 - 420 would be a great lead!

England chasing 391 for victory but at stumps they are in big big big trouble at 5/81!!! C'mon Aussies win this test and tie it up 1-1 with 2 test left C'mon Aussies!!!!!

Massive turnaround from the last one and a half tests, even the first day of this game. Australia's bowlers have been very good, lead by Johnson with the three other quicks bowling pretty well. England's bowling has been fairly good but their batting has been terrible which has been in complete contast to the last three innings they have batted.

England still need 310 with Anderson at the crease as nightwatchman and Prior to join him in the morning.

Bell will be in next.

Should be all rapped up by lunch time today - possibly even by drinks. 1-1 going in to Boxing day - nicely set up

Australia win by 237 runs and level the series 1-1 with only 2 tests left! A all round great performance bu the Aussies!!!!!! If we play like we did today at the 4th Boxing day test and at the SCG test, WE WILL WIN THE ASHES BACK!!!

C'mon Aussies!!!!!!!!!!

Australia win by 237 runs and level the series 1-1 with only 2 tests left! A all round great performance bu the Aussies!!!!!! If we play like we did today at the 4th Boxing day test and at the SCG test, WE WILL WIN THE ASHES BACK!!!

C'mon Aussies!!!!!!!!!!

From the first three Tests I conclude the Australia team for the MCG should be:
1. Watson
2. Hussey
3. Haddin
4. Johnson
5. Harris
6. *
7. *
8. *
9. *
10. *
11. *

* Six best fielders in the country.

Might as well. Australia won the Test match because of a couple of individual performances. Sure you need individual performances, but the best team was exactly that, the best team, not the best couple of individuals. I'd prefer a team of batsman that have averaged 40 over the past year and bowlers who have averaged 25-30 over the past year than a team that has a couple averaging 70+ batting and <25 bowling and the rest absolutely terrible.

The English team have it right, almost perfect balance and everyone in the side who should be in the side. The lost that Test to some good bowling and good batting from a couple of individuals... it only takes one mistake from those couple in form and the whole team is screwed.

From the first three Tests I conclude the Australia team for the MCG should be:
1. Watson
2. Hussey
3. Haddin
4. Johnson
5. Harris
6. *
7. *
8. *
9. *
10. *
11. *

* Six best fielders in the country.

Might as well. Australia won the Test match because of a couple of individual performances. Sure you need individual performances, but the best team was exactly that, the best team, not the best couple of individuals. I'd prefer a team of batsman that have averaged 40 over the past year and bowlers who have averaged 25-30 over the past year than a team that has a couple averaging 70+ batting and <25 bowling and the rest absolutely terrible.

The English team have it right, almost perfect balance and everyone in the side who should be in the side. The lost that Test to some good bowling and good batting from a couple of individuals... it only takes one mistake from those couple in form and the whole team is screwed.

Yeah Australia only had a few individual great performances. England have the perfect team balance. I so can't wait for tomorrows boxing day test!!!

This is the team I think should be playing in the 4th boxing day test.

1) Shaun Marsh
2) Shane Watson
3) Ricky Ponting or (Usman Khawaja, If Ponting doesn't play)
4) Michael Clarke
5) Michale Hussey
6) Brad Haddin
7) Mitchell Johnson
8) Ryan Harris
9) Steve Smith
10) Ben Hilfenhaus
11) Michael Beer
12) Peter Siddle

Day 1 at lunch Boxing day 4th test, England won the toss and elected to field. That was a good choice Australia 4/58 at lunch!!!!! Watson, Hughes, Ponting and Hussey all out!!! We need another great bowling performance!!!

C'mon Aussies!!!!!!!!!

It was good bowling but it was poor shot making. Every catch was behind the wicket, wasn't it? Some lead=footed swipes going on there. Where is the fight and the prizing of the wickets? And then the bowlers come out and don't make them play enough. Collectively it is bloody nonsense.

They deserve to lose this Ashes on this display.

It was good bowling but it was poor shot making. Every catch was behind the wicket, wasn't it? Some lead=footed swipes going on there. Where is the fight and the prizing of the wickets? And then the bowlers come out and don't make them play enough. Collectively it is bloody nonsense.

They deserve to lose this Ashes on this display.

Yeah all of our wickets were caught behind the wicket, Our footwork and shot choices weren't very good. Tomorrow our bowling will have to be the best we have bowled! If England are still none out at lunch then its probably over!

Honestly I hope we turn it around tomorrow and do some great bowling, But I don't think thats gonna happen.

England deserve the Ashes with their current performance(s)

Well, we've bowled 150 overs now, and still nowhere near having England all out. Of those 150, our fit & raring, world-class, wicket-taking gun all-rounder has bowled just 10. Why? Harris is off injured, and still Watson does not bowl. Can someone tell me what is going on?

England all out finally for 513! Australia chasing 415, We have to get the 415 then set England a score. We will need about 600 - 700 runs. Possible or not????

I'm hopeful we can still win. C'mon Aussies!!!!!!!!!!

England all out finally for 513! Australia chasing 415, We have to get the 415 then set England a score. We will need about 600 - 700 runs. Possible or not????

I'm hopeful we can still win. C'mon Aussies!!!!!!!!!!

You are a very optimistic person, Mrwce.

Nothing wrong with being young & hopeful. Maybe a few years of mediocrity will sort you out!

Are you still standing by your decision to go with Siddle as 12th man???:D

Back