Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelbourneFC09

Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

Heard from some reliable sources that there has recently been a mass exodus of A grade players at Napoleons-Sebastopol. Any confirmations?

Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

I heard that Leech wont be playing A grade and Walter and Sproules have both gone. Are there any others leaving?

Young Anthony Taylor has apparently gone to North Melbourne, I know he made a few runs for them last year

What I’ve heard:

Golden Point – No news

North Ballarat - The pom is a bit iffy

Mount Clear – No news

Coronet-City – B Burns was very close to leaving

Brown Hill – No news

Naps-Sebas - Out: D Sproules

Ballarat-Redan - In: D Sproules Out: A Lane

East - In: B Simpkin, M Kuiper Out: N Yates, D Wright

Wendouree - Out: C Jenkins, R Delmenico, M Begbie, S Miller, H Pyke

Darley - Out: M Cape, B Parker, P Moore (wants back to Point, otherwise will play in Melbourne), is the “Brett” Brett Walker ?

thickedge;356869 said:
care to elaborate where all these players are going rumourmill?????
Most have already been announced on previous pages.

Naps-Sebas - Out: D Sproules (Ballarat-Redan - see below)
Ballarat-Redan - In: D Sproules Out: A Lane (No idea)

East - In: B Simpkin, M Kuiper Out: N Yates (Lara), D Wright (Lara)

Wendouree - Out: C Jenkins (Retired), R Delmenico (Retired), M Begbie (Melbourne), S Miller (a Melbourne club), H Pyke (Essendon)

Darley - Out: M Cape (kid/strained heart muscle), B Parker (Melton), P Moore (wants back to Point, otherwise will play in Melbourne), is the “Brett” Brett Walker (No idea) ?

Brown Hill have picked up a few players from Redan footy. I think Hydren, Nunn and Ware. Nunn was 2's keeper for Geelong, Hydren played coca cola cup or something. Not signed but have shown interest.

the_don88;357072 said:
Brown Hill have picked up a few players from Redan footy. I think Hydren, Nunn and Ware. Nunn was 2's keeper for Geelong, Hydren played coca cola cup or something. Not signed but have shown interest.

Pyke is Captain of Wendouree (target heads)

rumourmill;356927 said:
Most have already been announced on previous pages.

Naps-Sebas - Out: D Sproules (Ballarat-Redan - see below)
Ballarat-Redan - In: D Sproules Out: A Lane (No idea)

East - In: B Simpkin, M Kuiper Out: N Yates (Lara), D Wright (Lara)

Wendouree - Out: C Jenkins (Retired), R Delmenico (Retired), M Begbie (Melbourne), S Miller (a Melbourne club), H Pyke (Essendon)

Darley - Out: M Cape (kid/strained heart muscle), B Parker (Melton), P Moore (wants back to Point, otherwise will play in Melbourne), is the “Brett” Brett Walker (No idea) ?

Whispers have it that Simon Irving is on the move???? Any confirm or deny?

the_don88;357072 said:

Nunny is a gun!

rumourmill;356628 said:
What I’ve heard:

Golden Point – No news

North Ballarat - The pom is a bit iffy

Mount Clear – No news

Coronet-City – B Burns was very close to leaving

Brown Hill – No news

Naps-Sebas - Out: D Sproules

Ballarat-Redan - In: D Sproules Out: A Lane

East - In: B Simpkin, M Kuiper Out: N Yates, D Wright

Wendouree - Out: C Jenkins, R Delmenico, M Begbie, S Miller, H Pyke

Darley - Out: M Cape, B Parker, P Moore (wants back to Point, otherwise will play in Melbourne), is the “Brett” Brett Walker ?

Word from Point is that Gunn has gone to a Melbourne club (I think Essendon). Add Robbie Ryan and possibly Colbourne to the East list.

the_don88;357072 said:

Wouldn't surprise with all the connections between the clubs

moe syzlak;357269 said:
Word from Point is that Gunn has gone to a Melbourne club (I think Essendon). Add Robbie Ryan and possibly Colbourne to the East list.

wow alot of people moving on, is this gonna hurt ballarat cricket, or should the bca start looking at a priemier team for ballarat?

iamthehighway;357515 said:
wow alot of people moving on, is this gonna hurt ballarat cricket, or should the bca start looking at a priemier team for ballarat?

I've actually made a mistake. Ryan and Colbourne will probably be playing with East this year, with a goal of moving on next season.

iamthehighway;357515 said:

I spoke to Ron Jennings about the possibility of having a Premier League team and he basically said no flucking way. The BCA wouldn't fund it, they wouldn't want to be actively taking the best players away from our competition, plus they couldn't guarantee that the best players would be available to play each week so it would be pointless.

I love this time of year, blokes are just starting think about pre-season, and think of what sh!tstorm they can create for something to do. Just like the following:-
Brendan Burns almost leaves every year. He won't because 40 associates of Coronet will simultaneously keel over with heart failure.
Pykey doesn't have it in him to go to Melbourne, big fish in the rat plus Captaincy of a seemingly weaker outfit this year.
Miller is more likely going to Canberra, not Melbourne if he can be bothered.
Parker wants to persue a coaching career and good on him for it.
Yates is a great loss for Ballarat cricket (if only you could see my face right now)
Sprouler is a handy pickup for us, quality bloke and should add a bit of stability to our team.
Capey having time off for the young one will hurt Darley but just proves he's the only bloke with a heart down the highway.
Point are just rolling along with what they've got and why not, quality side and improving every week.
Mt. Clear losing a few (maybe not top quality) players to Sleepy Hollow. Blakey and Kentish no chance of returning.
Brown Hill applying for an extended liquor license to accomodate Knowlesy's JD's buddies......oh and I think some of them play cricket.
Damn it's good to be back!!!

Waka05;357722 said:
Miller is more likely going to Canberra, not Melbourne if he can be bothered.
Good call. Heard his mum say the same thing this week - "Playing in the ACT is an easier path to the Australian side". :D :rolleyes:

Also heard Robbie Ryan for East Captain !

Irv contemplating a move back to the Roosters to skipper, said to be worth significant $$$

rumourmill;357811 said:
Good call. Heard his mum say the same thing this week - "Playing in the ACT is an easier path to the Australian side". :D :rolleyes:

Playing in ACT with Comets or something like that and AIS?? Has had discussions with mates and people who should know about going up there or trying his hand in Melbourne to push for VIC 2's and go onward from there. Either way he's too good for our league and I hope he gives it a red hot go and makes a name for himself.

Waka05;357920 said:
rumourmill;357811 said:
Playing in ACT with Comets or something like that and AIS??
Haven't heard specifics - I was talking to someone who had spoken to someone who had spoken to Linda, so there may well have been a "purple monkey dishwasher" somewhere in there :D

the_don88;357072 said:
Taking clearances tonight Nicho so see how we go. Have heard A.Kilmartin can throw down some serious heat so might get him on board aswell!

Dean Waugh;358163 said:
Taking clearances tonight Nicho so see how we go. Have heard A.Kilmartin can throw down some serious heat so might get him on board aswell!

hahaha if killer can bowl with any sort of quickness i would be very surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back