Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association 09/10

just noticed on the bca website the details re the cleary medal. less than a month out the the guest speaker is listed as 'to be confirmed'.

ah the ron & don show strikes again. no doubt trying to secure someone with a budget of $50 & a free meal. hopeless.

should be a ripping night with johnny obrien as the guest speaker talking about the old times.............

cobber14;389202 said:
just noticed on the bca website the details re the cleary medal. less than a month out the the guest speaker is listed as 'to be confirmed'.

ah the ron & don show strikes again. no doubt trying to secure someone with a budget of $50 & a free meal. hopeless.

should be a ripping night with johnny obrien as the guest speaker talking about the old times.............

i thought dean jones was great last time some good stores hard to back that up. well its been quiet on here for a bit, who would be up there for cleary johnson would have to be leading with goonan very close 2nd also anyone name any smokeys????
also looked on the website they have named the final grounds arr have they been to north #2 lately its not one prob better than eastern atm???

iamthehighway;389292 said:
i thought dean jones was great last time some good stores hard to back that up. well its been quiet on here for a bit, who would be up there for cleary johnson would have to be leading with goonan very close 2nd also anyone name any smokeys????
also looked on the website they have named the final grounds arr have they been to north #2 lately its not one prob better than eastern atm???

I would have thought that the scores posted on North 2 since they've been back on it are a little worrying. Has there been 200 scored there in any innings? I'm under the impression that the BCA would prefer non club prepared pitches (Naps/Darley etc) to be used for finals venues to have some sort of control of the conditions. Although I do agree that the outfield is looking sensational at present, but it's still a sh*t place to play cricket/footy as it has been since Jesus was a boy!

Unconfirmed but I think there's a few unanswered queries about our wicket standing up to multiple days of cricket in a row, since the root base is so shallow.

Certainly I would argue that the ground overall is in the best condition of any of the turf grounds at this point in time, and the wicket has played surprisingly well and consistent.

@Waka:
First game (one dayer): Wendouree 5/218 d North 7/184
Second game: North 93 & 4/198 d Darley 90
Third game: Naps-Sebas 9/233 d North 10/165
Fourth game (2nds): North 10/198 d Mt Clear 10/87

Having played in 3 of these 4 games, I can honestly say that whilst there has been a little bit in it for the bowlers, the scores of 93, 90 & 87 were as a result of very good, tight bowling and some rather average batting.

iamthehighway;389292 said:
Top 3 - Johnson & Goonan, sproule 2nd. Smokey, maybe hoppy???

Dean Waugh;389643 said:
Top 3 - Johnson & Goonan, sproule 2nd. Smokey, maybe hoppy???

Chris Egan will poll a few as well some Brown Hill Players (Hyden, Giblett, R.Knowles and S.Lockyear) to get some throughout the year.

But no big secrets really, wont be much a suprise when Goonan and Johnson are the top 2 (not necessarily in that order)

Jedi9;389721 said:
Chris Egan will poll a few as well some Brown Hill Players (Hyden, Giblett, R.Knowles and S.Lockyear) to get some throughout the year.

But no big secrets really, wont be much a suprise when Goonan and Johnson are the top 2 (not necessarily in that order)

Hyden will be the leader after 4 rds! But unfortunetly we then had to play on turf for the rest of season!!!

There are probably more blokes who I've missed, like Matt Hoey and Matt Smith, but I think there will be daylight between Johnno and Spong and the rest.

Johnson 18
Goonan 16
Palmer 11
Hyden 9
Vandeheuval 9
Sproules 7
Egan 6
Hoppy 6

It's been a pretty lean year for alot of blokes this year with bat and ball. Why is this the case? Former GPCC captain batting like he has had a stroke all year is a case in point.

SteveO;389815 said:
I'd only wear a lid if Harwood came back, Wrighty.
Fair enough, too !

I was going to make a s m a r t a s s comment about bowlers being more effective to you now since they're not being blinded any more but then I realised that a) you've mellowed a bit in your old age and b) you shave your head now anyway ...

Capey, does darley want a barrell for losing outright this weekend!!! Same goes for you boys SteveO if you can get over east!!!

Ok guys, just a conversation starter. Who has been the best bat (Open and middle order) and bowler (quick, medium and spin). Open year apart from a couple

the_don88;389992 said:
Ok guys, just a conversation starter. Who has been the best bat (Open and middle order) and bowler (quick, medium and spin). Open year apart from a couple
I'll have a crack at your sh*t topic Nicho...!!!!

Opening Bat. C.Tonkin - Middle Order A.George
Opening Bowler P.Calvert - Medium - L.Blake - Spin M.Hyden

the_don88;389992 said:

Opener - Goonan
Middle Order - Jeffreys
Quick - Johnson
Medium - Colbourne
Spin - Hoey

Fair effort by the Redcaps to win the State T20 competition. Piss poor coverage by WIN TV.

The redcaps will be hard to beat for the Final this year. If the Mounties go up against them it will be a great contest between arguably the best opening bowler and best opening bat. Hard to tip against Wendouree though.

Good luck for the final round and finals guys...

Dean Waugh;389834 said:
Capey, does darley want a barrell for losing outright this weekend!!! Same goes for you boys SteveO if you can get over east!!!

Will ask the boys 3rd Waugh but havent been down to the club for a while. Another problem is the side is so young there will only be 3 or 4 who can drink it. You might have to throw a slab of coke in also.

Nice little Hat Trick by the veteran red head also. Great work Sven!!!

Got the paperwork re: First XI statistics from Don yesterday. Why do clubs have to provide the BCA with stats or risk a $200 fine ? Seems absolutely ridiculous to me, when they (like anyone else) have 24/7 access using CricketStatsOnline and can do it themselves. If there are reports that the BCA want to do that aren't currently available in CSO, surely they can talk to Dippa about getting them in ?

To take it one step further, it still seemed ridiculous back in the days of Form C score submissions, since the BCA already had all the data !

Thoughts ?

RazzaTheRooster;390748 said:
Got the paperwork re: First XI statistics from Don yesterday. Why do clubs have to provide the BCA with stats or risk a $200 fine ? Seems absolutely ridiculous to me, when they (like anyone else) have 24/7 access using CricketStatsOnline and can do it themselves. If there are reports that the BCA want to do that aren't currently available in CSO, surely they can talk to Dippa about getting them in ?

To take it one step further, it still seemed ridiculous back in the days of Form C score submissions, since the BCA already had all the data !

Thoughts ?
The $200 fine is probably to go towards someones $50,000 wage maybe????

Careful though Wrighty as Knowlesy asked the same question last year and slapped with a fine!! (he may have used colourful language though!!!)

RazzaTheRooster;390748 said:

Thoughts ?

If only it were that simple!!!! If you check on the stats that come up on the CSO site not all are very accurate.

eg. If north are playing an away game and you get 5 wickets on day one, and bowl em out for 190, the home team puts the scores in with your five wickets. Next week north wins the game you have to then redo the opp.teams scores from last week as well as put your scores in from day two. Hence you now have 10 wickets to your name instead of 5.

We talked amongst ourselves about this on the weekend and I think there's already a suggestion in the works to facilitate the transfer of the game record from home side to winning side, or alternatively make the home side do the paperwork regardless of result (maybe a trade-off is that the away sides provide smoko for both clubs ???)

I know it would be more open to abuse, but at least it stops two records being entered for the same game; one complete and the other just a day 1 summary. The BCA could just impound the books and investigate if there's a dispute (as they do now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back