Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

Inzamam;337301 said:
Re the Finals system - how about we get rid of 2 Dayers all together pay 18 Rounds of 1 Dayers, then you could easilly play a top 5 - all rep cricket that we play is one dayers, so why not....
Whilst being somewhat of a traditionalist, I actually don't mind this idea. My concern would be that some of the nuances of 2 day cricket would be lost to a bash and crash style of cricket.

Inzamam;337301 said:
Re the Finals system - how about we get rid of 2 Dayers all together pay 18 Rounds of 1 Dayers, then you could easilly play a top 5 - all rep cricket that we play is one dayers, so why not....
Whilst being somewhat of a traditionalist, I actually don't mind this idea. My concern would be that some of the nuances of 2 day cricket would be lost to a bash and crash style of cricket.

Inzamam;337301 said:
Congratulations to all the sides the made the GF - great effort in particular by Brown Hill, beating last years Grand Finalists in consecutive weeks.

Good to see our old boys in Dash and Hammer involved also....

How good a run has Simon Lockyer had since Christmas 5 fa in the Semi and 50, what an effort!!!

Good luck to all involved.

He's been brilliant.... A big reason why we are playing this weekend.

Inzamam;337301 said:
Congratulations to all the sides the made the GF - great effort in particular by Brown Hill, beating last years Grand Finalists in consecutive weeks.

Good to see our old boys in Dash and Hammer involved also....

How good a run has Simon Lockyer had since Christmas 5 fa in the Semi and 50, what an effort!!!

Good luck to all involved.

He's been brilliant.... A big reason why we are playing this weekend.

Rider;337160 said:
yes Razza you get the advantage of rain. Wow. An advantage that applies once every 10 years - if that. Gee thanks for that. after working all year and doing everything we can to get a top 2 spot thats our advantage...........

And both teams that won the toss on the weekend won the game.

Interesting...............

Interesting argument, actually not really that interesting, personally I think the toss of the coin is fine, and so is playing a four day final. more one day cricket throughout year would be ok. And before you start talking about how much of an advantage winning the toss was on wkend, maybe you should actually find out who won the toss before talking about it. Mt Clear won the toss and batted, so they did have that advantage. Brown Hill just played the better cricket across the two days. As SteveB said it doesn't matter who wins toss, You still have to be able to play the better cricket

Rider;337160 said:
yes Razza you get the advantage of rain. Wow. An advantage that applies once every 10 years - if that. Gee thanks for that. after working all year and doing everything we can to get a top 2 spot thats our advantage...........

And both teams that won the toss on the weekend won the game.

Interesting...............

Interesting argument, actually not really that interesting, personally I think the toss of the coin is fine, and so is playing a four day final. more one day cricket throughout year would be ok. And before you start talking about how much of an advantage winning the toss was on wkend, maybe you should actually find out who won the toss before talking about it. Mt Clear won the toss and batted, so they did have that advantage. Brown Hill just played the better cricket across the two days. As SteveB said it doesn't matter who wins toss, You still have to be able to play the better cricket

LloydClump;337507 said:

ummmm dudes

i think you're missing my point

i know the toss doesn't decide the game. i'm sure no captain has ever walked back to his team mates and said we've lost the toss lets pack up and go home

what i'm talking about is rewarding teams in finals that finish higher on the ladder - other then weather which isn't an advantage every year. I reckon giving them a 2nd chance by reducing the 4 day GF is a good idea. maybe giving them the small advantage of deciding whether to bat or bowl first is also an option........

Wow Wee

but your right

its not that interesting an argument.....

LloydClump;337507 said:

ummmm dudes

i know the toss doesn't decide the game. i'm sure no captain has ever walked back to his team mates and said we've lost the toss lets pack up and go home

what i'm talking about is rewarding teams in finals that finish higher on the ladder - other then weather which isn't an advantage every year. I reckon giving them a 2nd chance by reducing the 4 day GF is a good idea. maybe giving them the small advantage of deciding whether to bat or bowl first is also an option........

Wow Wee

but your right

Rider;337519 said:
ummmm dudes

Wow Wee

but your right

I agree finishing on top has little advantage. I like the 1v2 & 3 v4 with the prelim 2nd week. It makes a lot more sense. There's not a huge advantage of finishing on top unless you get a double chance.

Either reduce the normal season by a week or make the final a 2 day game.

Rider;337519 said:
ummmm dudes

Wow Wee

but your right

I agree finishing on top has little advantage. I like the 1v2 & 3 v4 with the prelim 2nd week. It makes a lot more sense. There's not a huge advantage of finishing on top unless you get a double chance.

BCAFORM.jpg

The form has been lodged....

Dean Waugh;337543 said:
Steve B, Have they announced umpires yet?

No they announce GF umpires at the Medal presentation night...

My tips for the Umpires appointments are

First XI - Murray Bayly and Peter Mackay.

Second XI - Lloyd Brookes and Mal Rock

Div 1 - Aaron Fowkes and Gary Lofts

From there I would have no idea

Steve

Dean Waugh;337543 said:
Steve B, Have they announced umpires yet?

Steve

napisan;337532 said:

Guys,

What is the problem with cut throat finals?

The Sheffield Shield is fought out only between 1 v 2, no semi finals but no second chance either

The world cup is cut throat semis after the super 6's, same with IPL.

Why the need for a second chance?

Next thing you'll want is to have the back yard rule of not being out first ball included in Grand finals and semis, cause if you have worked hard all year to play in a final and get a first ball globe it's not fair.

Come on harden up most of the challenge of a semi is it's cut throat nature. Heaps of pressure, it's all at stake. It's the hardest game of the year to win but geeze it's rewarding when you do win it. Why change that?

Steve.

napisan;337532 said:

Guys,

The Sheffield Shield is fought out only between 1 v 2, no semi finals but no second chance either

Next thing you'll want is to have the back yard rule of not being out first ball included in Grand finals and semis, cause if you have worked hard all year to play in a final and get a first ball globe it's not fair.

Come on harden up most of the challenge of a semi is it's cut throat nature. Heaps of pressure, it's all at stake. It's the hardest game of the year to win but geeze it's rewarding when you do win it. Why change that?

Steve.

SteveB;337558 said:
Guys,

Steve.

all good points

but if you have 2 semis, a prelim and a gf then you get the best of both worlds.

you still have cut throat finals and the pressure of having to perform in big games

and you also reward the teams that finish 1 and 2

win win

So you against the final 8 in AFL Steve? you reckon the Hawks didn't find winning the GF rewarding? you reckon Luke Hodge needs to toughen up?

What about the South Dragons? they won best of 5 game final. You don't think their success was any good becuase they took 5 games to win it and not 1?

SteveB;337558 said:
Guys,

Steve.

all good points

but if you have 2 semis, a prelim and a gf then you get the best of both worlds.

you still have cut throat finals and the pressure of having to perform in big games

win win

So you against the final 8 in AFL Steve? you reckon the Hawks didn't find winning the GF rewarding? you reckon Luke Hodge needs to toughen up?

What about the South Dragons? they won best of 5 game final. You don't think their success was any good becuase they took 5 games to win it and not 1?

SteveB;337557 said:

Steve
Thanks Steve.

I think you''ll be right on the money there.

SteveB;337557 said:

Steve
Thanks Steve.

I think you''ll be right on the money there.

Rider;337562 said:
all good points

win win

Rider,

The season is long enough already isn't it? Why get rid of the four day final for a second chance?

As for the final eight in the AFL, I don't like it, it's not about getting the best finals series set up it's about getting as many finals as possible for revenue. Final five is enough for footy, unless trying to make money.

I am damn sure the Hawks enjoyed the win last year, I sure did as a Hawks supporter, but they didn't need a second chance did they, they didn't lose a final. The Cats didn't need a second chance to make the final either so whats your point. Hodgey doesn't need to toughen up at all quite happy with the way he goes about it.

As for the South Dragons - WGAF about basketball anyway? However it is easy to have a best of five series when the game only goes for two hours can be played indoors, day and night and guys don't need a weeks rest between matches.

How many semis have you lost to make you hate them so much?

Steve.

Rider;337562 said:
all good points

win win

Rider,

The season is long enough already isn't it? Why get rid of the four day final for a second chance?

As for the final eight in the AFL, I don't like it, it's not about getting the best finals series set up it's about getting as many finals as possible for revenue. Final five is enough for footy, unless trying to make money.

I am damn sure the Hawks enjoyed the win last year, I sure did as a Hawks supporter, but they didn't need a second chance did they, they didn't lose a final. The Cats didn't need a second chance to make the final either so whats your point. Hodgey doesn't need to toughen up at all quite happy with the way he goes about it.

As for the South Dragons - WGAF about basketball anyway? However it is easy to have a best of five series when the game only goes for two hours can be played indoors, day and night and guys don't need a weeks rest between matches.

Steve.

SteveB;337579 said:
Rider,

Steve.

bahahaha

stop arguing common sense with me. its confusing

the hawks analogy seemed genius at the time............

of late the side I've been in's track record in semi's is pretty good. About to saddle up for 3rd consecutive GF. and all without making a score over 20 in the whole 3 years

I must be on good terms with the Chairman of selectors..................

SteveB;337579 said:
Rider,

Steve.

bahahaha

of late the side I've been in's track record in semi's is pretty good. About to saddle up for 3rd consecutive GF. and all without making a score over 20 in the whole 3 years

Rider;337585 said:
bahahaha

Tips for tonight?

Obviosuly Yates will be up there with around 12 to 15.

Goonan possibly 2nd.

Rider;337585 said:
bahahaha

Tips for tonight?

Goonan possibly 2nd.

Not fussed on this debate... Agree with both arguments.

One thing that is a must in BCA is that we need to have more 1 day games.

As for Cleary.... 1ST Goonan 2ND Yates 3RD Johnson

Not fussed on this debate... Agree with both arguments.

One thing that is a must in BCA is that we need to have more 1 day games.

As for Cleary.... 1ST Goonan 2ND Yates 3RD Johnson

cleary medal postions:
1st on 13 votes: N.Yates (east ballarat)
2nd on 10 votes: E.Johnson (wendouree)
3rd on 9 votes: M.Goonan (mt clear)

cleary medal postions:

thickedge;337907 said:
cleary medal postions:

1st Yates and Goonan tie on 12 votes
2nd Johnson 9 votes
3rd Giblett 8 votes

Branch to be a suprise, will poll a few votes

thickedge;337907 said:
cleary medal postions:

2nd Johnson 9 votes
3rd Giblett 8 votes

LloydClump;337943 said:
2nd Johnson 9 votes
3rd Giblett 9 votes

McCullum, wouldn't that mean it's a tie for 2nd if Johnson & Gibba are on 9 votes.

LloydClump;337943 said:
2nd Johnson 9 votes
3rd Giblett 9 votes

McCullum, wouldn't that mean it's a tie for 2nd if Johnson & Gibba are on 9 votes.

napisan;337885 said:
Tips for tonight?

Goonan possibly 2nd.

Obviously both Yates and Goonan are big game players after seeing their results in the Semi's and Country week final.

napisan;337885 said:
Tips for tonight?

Goonan possibly 2nd.

Obviously both Yates and Goonan are big game players after seeing their results in the Semi's and Country week final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back