Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

Looking forward to listening to Dean Jones tonight. Always happy to speak his mind.

My placings are as follows:

1st Spong Goonan - 13 votes
2nd Nafe Yates - 10 votes
3rd E.J. Johnson - 8 votes (stiff to only get one for North game when he took 5 for and Heaf and Belly went mad)
4th Fletch, Whitey, Pete Appleton and Branchy on 7 votes

Good luck to all and please don't poach any of my players tonight. This night last year Darley grabbed Moorey.

Looking forward to listening to Dean Jones tonight. Always happy to speak his mind.

My placings are as follows:

2nd Nafe Yates - 10 votes
3rd E.J. Johnson - 8 votes (stiff to only get one for North game when he took 5 for and Heaf and Belly went mad)
4th Fletch, Whitey, Pete Appleton and Branchy on 7 votes

Good luck to all and please don't poach any of my players tonight. This night last year Darley grabbed Moorey.

Actually, I forgot Sam Giblett who I reckon will get 3 x 3 votes and a 2 vote giving him 11 and 2nd place.

Amazing effort from him considering the late start to the season and only opening in the last few rounds.

My revised leaderboard is now:

2nd Gibbo - 11 votes
3rd Nafe Yates - 10 votes
4th E.J. Johnson - 8 votes (stiff to only get one for North game when he took 5 for and Heaf and Belly went mad)
5th Fletch, Whitey, Pete Appleton and Branchy on 7 votes

Actually, I forgot Sam Giblett who I reckon will get 3 x 3 votes and a 2 vote giving him 11 and 2nd place.

Amazing effort from him considering the late start to the season and only opening in the last few rounds.

2nd Gibbo - 11 votes
4th E.J. Johnson - 8 votes (stiff to only get one for North game when he took 5 for and Heaf and Belly went mad)

SteveO;337990 said:

2nd Gibbo - 11 votes

A rough place chance for us could be Darrin Carroll. Hit the highesst score of the North game with 75, took 4 for 47 and made 40 odd against B/Redan. So i reckon he could have 6 to 8 votes. Not bad for a bloke of his age to average 50 for the year.

SteveO;337990 said:

2nd Gibbo - 11 votes

A rough place chance for us could be Darrin Carroll. Hit the highesst score of the North game with 75, took 4 for 47 and made 40 odd against B/Redan. So i reckon he could have 6 to 8 votes. Not bad for a bloke of his age to average 50 for the year.

Rider;337483 said:
yes wrighty the top teams benefited this weekend coz it rained. the first time its rained in finals since the 2000/2001 year. So for the 7 seasons in between the team that finished top starts semi final day on the exact same footing as the team that finished 4th. i just think thats unfair. for those that have been round long enough you say. well i've been around a while digger and I wouldn't say "it always rains in finals"

happy with your last paragraph. actually very relieved you put it in. it was about time you said something that made any sense............:)

Had a bit of a flogging over your suggestion Rider so I am coming out in support. I think a greater advantage for a higher finish is a great idea. Especially at the expense of a four day final. Why play one and two day cricket all year to decide the final over four days? Best of luck to all grand final participants this weekend. Well done to Nathan Yates and SPONGY!!!

Rider;337483 said:
yes wrighty the top teams benefited this weekend coz it rained. the first time its rained in finals since the 2000/2001 year. So for the 7 seasons in between the team that finished top starts semi final day on the exact same footing as the team that finished 4th. i just think thats unfair. for those that have been round long enough you say. well i've been around a while digger and I wouldn't say "it always rains in finals"

happy with your last paragraph. actually very relieved you put it in. it was about time you said something that made any sense............:)

Had a bit of a flogging over your suggestion Rider so I am coming out in support. I think a greater advantage for a higher finish is a great idea. Especially at the expense of a four day final. Why play one and two day cricket all year to decide the final over four days? Best of luck to all grand final participants this weekend. Well done to Nathan Yates and SPONGY!!!

Good luck to all and please don't poach any of my players tonight. This night last year Darley grabbed Moorey.[/QUOTE]

We actually snared him on our Super Saturday pub crawl through Melbourne a few weeks later and not at the Cleary. Started at my place in Docklands and by the time we were at the waterside 3 pubs in to the trip he was a Darley Lion.

Our under 16's are the grand final which shows our development program in place is working. 3 of the boys played 1st XI cricket this season so some positives and hope they smash the red caps.

Will Begbie play juniors and seniors thickedge???

Good luck to all and please don't poach any of my players tonight. This night last year Darley grabbed Moorey.[/QUOTE]

We actually snared him on our Super Saturday pub crawl through Melbourne a few weeks later and not at the Cleary. Started at my place in Docklands and by the time we were at the waterside 3 pubs in to the trip he was a Darley Lion.

Our under 16's are the grand final which shows our development program in place is working. 3 of the boys played 1st XI cricket this season so some positives and hope they smash the red caps.

Will Begbie play juniors and seniors thickedge???

CRICKET COACH

The Coronet City Cricket Club affiliated with the BCA turf wicket competition seeks to appoint a Non-Playing or Playing Coach to lead and assist the Club climb the ranks of Ballarat’s premier cricket competition.

You will have demonstrated communication skills with players at all senior levels and will be assisted by a stable and committed administration.

Significant remuneration linked to your experience, knowledge and ability is available for the right person. Applications, marked Confidential are to be received by April 9th. and mailed to the President

Coronet City CC
P O Box 4031
Alfredton 3350

CRICKET COACH

The Coronet City Cricket Club affiliated with the BCA turf wicket competition seeks to appoint a Non-Playing or Playing Coach to lead and assist the Club climb the ranks of Ballarat’s premier cricket competition.

You will have demonstrated communication skills with players at all senior levels and will be assisted by a stable and committed administration.

Significant remuneration linked to your experience, knowledge and ability is available for the right person. Applications, marked Confidential are to be received by April 9th. and mailed to the President

Coronet City CC
P O Box 4031
Alfredton 3350

A well past his best "fast" ahahah bowler is looking for a new home.

No Gaurantees but surely worth a punt for a 2ND XI team on the up.

25 wickets in the twos is a monty.

Regards

Sticka Murnane

Regards

Sticka Murnane

STICK;339369 said:

Regards

Sticka Murnane

What's the story Stick??

Have a good think about becoming an umpire - there are worse things you could do!

Steve.

STICK;339369 said:

Regards

Sticka Murnane

What's the story Stick??

Have a good think about becoming an umpire - there are worse things you could do!

Steve.

E=mc2;339845 said:
Is there a man of the match medal for the grand finals?

don't reckon there is but there probably should be.

Played in the 3rds GF on weekend. 1st day ebbed and flowed but Mt Clear definitely had the better of day 2. good to see kids perform well in Finals. sime Ringin 5/49 for us in Mounties 1st innings, Luke Pickering batting at 9 and facing out over 100 balls a good effort too. Not sure of his age but young leggie for Mt Clear 3rds looks to be a bit of a prospect.

E=mc2;339845 said:
Is there a man of the match medal for the grand finals?

don't reckon there is but there probably should be.

Played in the 3rds GF on weekend. 1st day ebbed and flowed but Mt Clear definitely had the better of day 2. good to see kids perform well in Finals. sime Ringin 5/49 for us in Mounties 1st innings, Luke Pickering batting at 9 and facing out over 100 balls a good effort too. Not sure of his age but young leggie for Mt Clear 3rds looks to be a bit of a prospect.

to the city boys brendan Parker is looking to be a coach again
give him a call
well done to the wendouree u/16. to good over the weekend.

to the city boys brendan Parker is looking to be a coach again
give him a call
well done to the wendouree u/16. to good over the weekend.

SteveB;339595 said:
What's the story Stick??

Steve.

I was just seeing what significant remuneration i could attract from Napisan but one corra offered a beer per wicket so for a slab a year im staying put !!!

I would love to umpire and i cant wait to give my first LBW and start a petition to bring in the back foot no-ball rule. $80 per week might be handy the way things are going.

Poppa Thomson would be the ump id model myself on though !!

SteveB;339595 said:
What's the story Stick??

Steve.

I was just seeing what significant remuneration i could attract from Napisan but one corra offered a beer per wicket so for a slab a year im staying put !!!

I would love to umpire and i cant wait to give my first LBW and start a petition to bring in the back foot no-ball rule. $80 per week might be handy the way things are going.

STICK;340002 said:

$80 per week sticka? Showing ya age there cob. Word is that they'll crack the $100 a day next season!!!

STICK;340002 said:

$80 per week sticka? Showing ya age there cob. Word is that they'll crack the $100 a day next season!!!

mayhem20202;342277 said:
Who won the grand final? Any events of note take place?

Wendouree by 6 wickets.

Only note would be some dude on a cricket trip doing a nudey run and picking out the big emu to man hug!

mayhem20202;342277 said:
Who won the grand final? Any events of note take place?

Wendouree by 6 wickets.

Only note would be some dude on a cricket trip doing a nudey run and picking out the big emu to man hug!

Dean Waugh;342552 said:
Wendouree by 6 wickets.

Did one S. Giblett get the man of the match award - 80 odd and 130 in a losing side is a fair effort.

Dean Waugh;342552 said:
Wendouree by 6 wickets.

Did one S. Giblett get the man of the match award - 80 odd and 130 in a losing side is a fair effort.

hey guys you wouldnt know me but i am from Geelong and the club i play at is looking for a quality bat poss coach?? we have played in finals/flags constantly. so i am getting on here to see if you guys can help that if you know someone moving down here or would travel????

hey guys you wouldnt know me but i am from Geelong and the club i play at is looking for a quality bat poss coach?? we have played in finals/flags constantly. so i am getting on here to see if you guys can help that if you know someone moving down here or would travel????

lions den.;344705 said:

Not much help Lion's Den.

May, June and July the time when murmurings of player departures occur.
Rumour has it that S.Miller and M.Begbie are off to Melbourne.

And a lot of talk down the highway, otherwise known as the dump (Darley) that the following players will be moving on.
Lach Herring, Graham King (who), Capey now he is a father, Moore apparently is off to Essendon, Brett (Opening bowler)-forgot his surname has left and from previous blogs Brendan Parker is trying to find a coaching gig.

Another solid season ahead for the pre-xmas heroes

lions den.;344705 said:

Not much help Lion's Den.

May, June and July the time when murmurings of player departures occur.
Rumour has it that S.Miller and M.Begbie are off to Melbourne.

And a lot of talk down the highway, otherwise known as the dump (Darley) that the following players will be moving on.
Lach Herring, Graham King (who), Capey now he is a father, Moore apparently is off to Essendon, Brett (Opening bowler)-forgot his surname has left and from previous blogs Brendan Parker is trying to find a coaching gig.

Another solid season ahead for the pre-xmas heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back