Bangladesh Cricket.

A

adityamookerjee

Bangladesh Cricket.

Bangladesh has cricketers who are notable. Their batsmen have a lot of talent. I believe, that their spin bowling representation in international cricket is better than most nations. England have Monty Panesar, but no other spinners in the international arena. Bangladesh have a few spinners, who bowl very decently. About Panesar and England, having one spinner may be a boon, for England. The batsman are not accustomed to playing spin, when they play against one spinner, on a pitch which may assist spin bowling, and the spin bowler is very effective, if the bowler has the ability of Panesar.

Re: Bangladesh Cricket.

Abdur Razzak is their only decent player. There's a few who aren't bad (Ashraful, Mortaza) but the rest are pretty average.

Never rated Bangladesh, I think they're lucky to be playing cricket against the test nations. Just not at all competitive.

Ljp86;233611 said:
Never rated Bangladesh, I think they're lucky to be playing cricket against the test nations. Just not at all competitive.

I bet that's what Indians also thought until the 2007 World Cup ;)

Kram81;233721 said:
I bet that's what Indians also thought until the 2007 World Cup ;)

What else have they done since then? You can't keep hanging your hat on something that happened almost 18 months ago.

Bangaladesh have done pretty much nothing in the eight years they've been playing international cricket. Couldn't say the same thing for Sri Lanka.

74. Lowest ODI score ever against a less than full strength Australian bowling attack.

Jamie Siddons would be absolutely livid.

Ya even i believe Bangladesh is a good cricket team, now there lot of imrovment in thiere team.
As Bangladesh storms into the second round of the ICC Twenty20 World Cup tournament with an impressive six-wicket win against the West Indies, the Bangla blogosphere is exhilarated and furiously blogging their jubilation.
------------------
jasmine

Guaranteed ROI

Bangladesh face the possbility of losing 14 players, including six major players to the breakway Twenty20 competition known as the Indian Cricket League (ICL). The six major players include Aftab Ahmed, Habibul Bashar, Dhiman Ghosh, Mosharraf Hossain, Shahriar Nafees and Farhad Reza as well as Nazimuddin and Alok Kapali, the all-rounder who recently took part in the series against Australia.

It is believed the group of players have informed the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) of their intention to retire from international and also domestic cricket in order to join the ICL tournament.

Should those group of players leave Bangladesh for the ICL, it leaves Bangladesh in a very vulnerable position with the country effectively having to start again and would be left with only a scattering of players with international experience. To add to that, the ICC does not recognise the ICL and would those players would be banned from taking part in any first-class or international games in the future.

The BCB has summoned the six major players involved to a meeting on Tuesday asking for an explanation for their decision.

Bangladesh face mass exodus

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very bad news as far as Bangladesh cricket is concerned. Losing those six, as well as Nazimuddin, Alok Kapali and also Tapash Baisya who is on the fringe of the side would be a huge blow and would see almost three quarters of their first eleven pack up and leave.

The Tigers are uncompetitive enough as it is but if these players do leave (the majority of the others are part of the academy), Bangladesh cricket would become incredibly uncompetitive to the point where they'd be on a par with Zimbabwe which has been decimated by the ongoing political issues over there for the last few years.

This is not at all good for Bangladesh cricket and cricket in general with players becoming increasingly tempted by the dollar in order to secure their financial futures. The whole scenario doesn't bode well for anyone, especially the Tigers who are still developing as a test nation and as a unit and this will no doubt set them back by at least five years, perhaps even more.

Hopefully, the BCB can convince these guys to stay but it looks like it might be too late. Should they go, the ICC would surely have no choice but to revoke their test status, there's just no way they can compete with a high number of players deciding to just leave.

You have to say that they look in a bit of a mess at the moment. A lot of experience will be lost with those players and whilst it won't ruin them, big questions have to be asked about the state of their first class game etc.

Some people say that this isn't good news.

I think the opposite.

Maybe now Bangladesh have a chance to change something.Instead of using the same old players without advancing,now some fresh guys can try to make a difference.

I don't know, Bangladesh have been following the youth path for a while with some very mixed results.

I'm a firm believer that if you're good enough, you're good enough but at the same time you do need some experience in a side to help get it through situations.

The players leaving for the ICL can provide a wealth of experience and whilst many of them are no longer first picks, they are still very handy to have around on the fringes.

Well, this may get ugly. The BCB have rejected the retirement letters sent by the Bangladeshi players and are accusing the 13 players (down one from 14) of breaching the Code of Conduct and also their contracts with the board.

The 13 players are as follows: Aftab Ahmed, Habibul Bashar, Tapash Baisya, Dhiman Ghosh, Mosharraf Hossain, Manjural Islam, Alok Kapali, Mahbubul Karim, Golam Mabud, Shahriar Nafees, Mohammad Rafique, Farhad Reza and Mohammad Sharif.

Bangladesh Cricket Board rejects retirement letters

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh-oh. This won't end well, we could have a major fight on our hands here. I don't think anyone will win from here if this keeps going in the current direction. Bangladesh cricket sinks further and further.

Definetly won't be a happy ending for those 13 players. They played with fire and now they realise it is hot to touch. It is a shame but I feel the BCB will take a hard stance on these guys (even though all of them will be good for Bangladesh Cricket in the long road)

Something has to give and I think we've always known that the issue of the ICL wpuld end up in court. Thought it would be an English based player but for the time being it could well be a Bangladeshi.

I think Bangladesh rely too much on their spinners to do damage, they have good spinners but their weakness is the pacers, Mortaza is the only good pacer the others are either ineffective or inconsistent, Also their batsmen have the talent but they need a plan, they need to have a structure with and give each batsmen a role, But one batsmen which stands out the 19 yr old Tamim Iqbal he is a balanced batsmen and when you see a scorecard of bangladesh where they are all out for 150 you will see tamim iqbals name with the only stand out score on that card. I think if bangladesh have 2 or 3 more players like him then they will definetly improve.

mas cambios;281677 said:
Maybe not yet, but you're getting there! :)

Check out my blog to see what they have to do in IMHO - the problems in my book are with the batting - the bowling is pretty tidy and certainly Mortaza and Shakib are both test class bowlers.

Bangaldesh have a pretty good young side, they have quality players like Ashraful, Mortaza and Al Hasan.

Back