Bay 13-MCG

Re: Bay 13-MCG

Yabba.

Stephen Gascoine (or variant spelling)

- "Leave our flies alone, Jardine, they're the only friends you've got out here!"

Ahaha.

Trumpets are mad. Great work on the "coat-of-arms" too.

The 20-20 will be interesting. I wonder how that'll go, Bay 13 wise.

Bay 13- ODI vs South Africa

yes we are starting to prepare.
new chants needed.
one i liked in the other thread was this ripper.
he's fat
he's round
he bounces on the ground
jacques kallis clap clap jacques kallis clap clap

Re: Bay 13- ODI vs South Africa

Good idea to come up with some good chants instead of just "you are a w***er" all the time :D

how is everyone managing to get tickets into bay 13 for the twent20 as pre booking seats only gives you an allocated seat?

henn65;307478 said:
how is everyone managing to get tickets into bay 13 for the twent20 as pre booking seats only gives you an allocated seat?

Maybe Bay 13 is the general admission seating ?

I've been sitting in the bay 13 and have been ejected numerous times over the last decade and it's easily the best thing about cricket in Melbourne. Sure we have the world's best Cricket stadium, but the atmosphere driven by the louts who are driven by beer in Bay 13 is awesome.

Unfortunately, in recent times, it's become flooded with 17 year-old w@nkers from the outer-eastern suburbs who are little f***-wits who need to be dealt with.

I'm sick of them all wearing brand new wife-beater (navy blue) singlets and their white sunglasses, thinking they're the kings of the bay. We need to put a ban on the following EXTREMELY STALE behavioural traits in Bay 13 to keep it interesting.

1. No more Australian flags as a cape
- It's un-original, it reminds me of those rascist tossers up in Sydney who bash muslims at the beach and think it's the 'Australian thing to do'.

2. No more brand new wife beater singlets, or wife beater singlets worn by wimpy skinny kids.
- Once again, they're lame and you can only get away with them if they're covered in sweat, beer, blood and faded in the sun or if you put a Big V on the front and produly represent your state

3. No more "You are a w@nker" chants
- Unoriginal, repetitive and no longer insulting, and stale stale stale

4. No more "You're going home in the back of a divvy van"
- You think that's going to actually do anything other than state the bleeding obvious. Most people who get kicked out eventually get back in and never get fined or arrested, so the chant doesn't really make sense. It can work if you mix it up a bit and use it against the Indians with "You're going home on the back of an Elephant" after they lose, or "You're going home in the back of a woolly sheep" to the Kiwis.

5. KILL BOB
- When you steal an activity off a McDonalds advertisement, you know it's doomed for failure. For those who don't know it, it's where you stand up and wave your arms in the air shouting "Bob, bob, bob bob...." and someone on the other side of the bay starts doing the same. It's F***ING LAME!

6. No more "Tits out for the boys, tits out for the boys"
- Stale, is pretty sexist and promotes a gang mentality against any women in the bay who are there for a good time too. Now and then someone actually pulls them out, but they always get ejected by the cops. It's become pretty stale over the years and needs a new direction

Things that should stay, and prosper:

1. Mexican Sombreros
- It can get pretty hot, so not only are these necessary, they're a bit of fun and adds a bit of texture to the crowd

2. Mexican Wave
- Heaps of fun, and on a hot day when everyone throws water (not water bottles) in the air, it looks amazing and is a good way to cool down. It really lifts the atmosphere of the game, and it's a shit act to try and ban it by ejecting people who try to start it.

3. Beach balls and other inflatables
- These are awesome. They are good fun, look great and keeps the crowd and atmosphere going throughout the match

4. Trying out new chants
- Some of them might be shit, but you get some great ones along the way

5. Light hearted abuse at the fieldsman stationed in front of the bay
- No racist jokes, nothing to sinister. Just a bit of fun to try and get them off their game

and so on

I agree with all of that except maybe the Australian flags as capes. I like that, it represents Australia and Australians. If it reminds you of the racist guys at Cronulla I'm sorry but I think it's a good supporters device. I agree with the wife beaters though, stupid things.

I think Bay 13 needs a leader, if you guys are serious about trying to rival the Barmy Army (as hard as it might sound) then u need someone to take control.

here are a few examples of supporters who lead a group with chants, activities, jokes and so on:

- Jimmy - leader of the barmy army - easily recognisable by his massive england top hat and flag.
- Captain Australia - leader of THE HEARD, a group of people about 350 strong who go to the aus open tennis each year and turn tennis courts into fun houses, good clean fun. - Wears green tight, green shorts, jersey style green shirt with australia on the front, yellow helmet, facepaint and aviators.
- The Blue & White Brigade - i don not know the name of the leader but he controls the chants of the melbourne victory supporters at their games.

There are a few more to lesser extent but my point is you need someone who is prefarably not gonna get kicked out and has a loud enough voice to lead us bay 13 supporters so that we can be bigger and better.

any ideas:
cheers

Neville Bartos;308014 said:
I've been sitting in the bay 13 and have been ejected numerous times over the last decade and it's easily the best thing about cricket in Melbourne. Sure we have the world's best Cricket stadium, but the atmosphere driven by the louts who are driven by beer in Bay 13 is awesome.

Unfortunately, in recent times, it's become flooded with 17 year-old w@nkers from the outer-eastern suburbs who are little f***-wits who need to be dealt with.

I'm sick of them all wearing brand new wife-beater (navy blue) singlets and their white sunglasses, thinking they're the kings of the bay. We need to put a ban on the following EXTREMELY STALE behavioural traits in Bay 13 to keep it interesting.

1. No more Australian flags as a cape
- It's un-original, it reminds me of those rascist tossers up in Sydney who bash muslims at the beach and think it's the 'Australian thing to do'.

2. No more brand new wife beater singlets, or wife beater singlets worn by wimpy skinny kids.
- Once again, they're lame and you can only get away with them if they're covered in sweat, beer, blood and faded in the sun or if you put a Big V on the front and produly represent your state

3. No more "You are a w@nker" chants
- Unoriginal, repetitive and no longer insulting, and stale stale stale

4. No more "You're going home in the back of a divvy van"
- You think that's going to actually do anything other than state the bleeding obvious. Most people who get kicked out eventually get back in and never get fined or arrested, so the chant doesn't really make sense. It can work if you mix it up a bit and use it against the Indians with "You're going home on the back of an Elephant" after they lose, or "You're going home in the back of a woolly sheep" to the Kiwis.

5. KILL BOB
- When you steal an activity off a McDonalds advertisement, you know it's doomed for failure. For those who don't know it, it's where you stand up and wave your arms in the air shouting "Bob, bob, bob bob...." and someone on the other side of the bay starts doing the same. It's F***ING LAME!

6. No more "Tits out for the boys, tits out for the boys"
- Stale, is pretty sexist and promotes a gang mentality against any women in the bay who are there for a good time too. Now and then someone actually pulls them out, but they always get ejected by the cops. It's become pretty stale over the years and needs a new direction

Things that should stay, and prosper:

1. Mexican Sombreros
- It can get pretty hot, so not only are these necessary, they're a bit of fun and adds a bit of texture to the crowd

2. Mexican Wave
- Heaps of fun, and on a hot day when everyone throws water (not water bottles) in the air, it looks amazing and is a good way to cool down. It really lifts the atmosphere of the game, and it's a shit act to try and ban it by ejecting people who try to start it.

3. Beach balls and other inflatables
- These are awesome. They are good fun, look great and keeps the crowd and atmosphere going throughout the match

4. Trying out new chants
- Some of them might be shit, but you get some great ones along the way

5. Light hearted abuse at the fieldsman stationed in front of the bay
- No racist jokes, nothing to sinister. Just a bit of fun to try and get them off their game

and so on

Right on the money.

I'm wearing a white wifebeater atm, nothing wrong with them very comfortable. Dunno the cape flags though..

Back