Big Bash League 2014/15

Sydney Sixers won fairly easily which arrested their two game losing streak. The Heat are now officially out of contention for the finals.

Strikers vs Thunder game couldn't get a result due to persistent rain so both tams receive a point each. It's a shame as the match looked to be a cracker despite being shortened to just 10 overs per side.

That also means the Strikers are the second team to qualify for the finals with the Scorchers securing their place a day earlier.

Muirhead is in pretty poor form at the moment so understandable why he isn't being played. His only BBL game saw him go at nine runs an over, he also got smacked around in the warm-up game against the Trinity College Legends. And yesterday he took 1/74 from nine overs in a grade game for Willetton. Brad Hogg also plays for Willetton and snared 3/24 from 10 overs including three maidens. So on the basis of that I don't think we'll be seeing Muirhead for the rest of the tournament barring injuries.

As soon as the Renegades were five down I was hoping they'd get rolled over. At 9/40 things were looking pretty good until the last wicket put on 17. Thankfully Winter was run out with the score on 57 to create a new record which we no longer have!

That was a horrendous effort though by the Renegades. At least when we got rolled for 69 it was by Malinga in career best form. The Renegades were rolled by an attack containing Jackson Bird (fringe test player two years ago), Michael Beer (can't get a game for WA), John Hastings (standard pace bowler but not very quick), James Faulkner, Glenn Maxwell (part-time orthodox bowler) and Scott Boland (relatively new pace bowler for Victoria).

I'd like to know Renegadesfan Renegadesfan 's thoughts on the Renegades' season so far.
I think they have had a bit of a poor start but have gotten better as the year's gone on. Sure we might be getting better but our poor start will most likely cost our chances of making the finals. We already have to win and rely on others to win and lose to make it go our way.

Strikers vs Thunder game couldn't get a result due to persistent rain so both tams receive a point each. It's a shame as the match looked to be a cracker despite being shortened to just 10 overs per side.

That also means the Strikers are the second team to qualify for the finals with the Scorchers securing their place a day earlier.
That rain has hit my home town at about 8am this morning. One positive is that our game against the heat is under the roof at etihad stadium. Just gotta hope that the renegades win and that Andrew Flintoff doesn't drop those ugly f bombs on tv whilst being mic'd up

7 for 59, Brisbane falling in a heap.

Pure gold with Ponting and KP and in the commentary box! Asking the tough questions.

The Renegades got home against the Heat quite comfortably in the end despite falling in a heap early in their chase. That win keeps them in the finals hunt and also consigns the Heat to the wooden spoon for this season.

Some pretty deep conversation in this game between Ricky and KP

It was good, I certainly enjoyed it. It made up for the batting effort at the time by the Heat which was just diabolical.

Standings after Match 26

Code:
Teams                M  W  L  T N/R  Pts  NetRR

Perth Scorchers      7  5  2  0  0   10  +0.848
Adelaide Strikers    6  4  1  0  1    9  +1.154
Sydney Sixers        6  4  2  0  0    8  +0.165
Melbourne Stars      6  3  3  0  0    6  +0.012
-------------------------------------------------
Hobart Hurricanes    7  3  4  0  0    6  -0.181 
Melbourne Renegades  7  3  4  0  0    6  -0.223 
Sydney Thunder       6  2  3  0  1    5  -0.229
Brisbane Heat        7  1  6  0  0    2  -1.401

So the Scorchers and Strikers have qualified for the finals with just six games left to play in the tournament. The Heat are out of contention after their loss tonight to the Renegades.

The match between the Sixers and Strikers tomorrow night will prove pivotal to the top half of the ladder. A Sixers win would see them secure a finals berth and rocket into contention for a home final. A Strikers win would see them secure a home final and would also tip the scales heavily in favour of the Scorchers getting a home final as well.

The next week of games is going to be very interesting with some great matches to be held between now and then.

Jordan Silk with some big hitting there :confused:

Adelaide pretty comfortable in the end, guaranteed a home semi final now.

Back