Champions Trophy - Australia vs West Indies at Mumbai (BS)

Re: Champions Trophy - Australia vs West Indies at Mumbai (BS)

BAM! Taylor bowls Hussey.

Australia 214-7

they need 21 from 13 balls

SUPERB!!
Taylor nails Lee lbw on the very next ball!

214-8, Australia need 21 from 2 overs with 2 wickets remaining

the crunch is on, i hope the Windies can hold them at bay to win this match. I 'm not watching this on TV as some are, i'm sure it must be nail biting.

219-8

they need 16 from the final over to win, 15 to tie

Taylor bowls Hogg on the first ball of the final over!
Thats a HAT-TRICK!!

A maiden over will do it for them

Cricket is so funny, you never know how a game is going to pan. If the Windies win this one, it will a great boost for them. One they certainly need at this stage

Cleazer It sounds like your watching this on TV, i can imagine the atmosphere at the game

The Windies have Won It!!! Congratulations. Cleazer what is the scene like?

The atmosphere was awesome for the last few overs, the crowd was making lots of noise, and the West Indies team was celebrating in full force!

Australia finish 224-9, West Indies win by 10 runs.

It's so nice to see the bowlers actually pull one out for them, instead of so often lately relying on the batsmen.

cleazer;107195 said:
The atmosphere was awesome for the last few overs, the crowd was making lots of noise, and the West Indies team was celebrating in full force!

Australia finish 224-9, West Indies win by 10 runs.

It's so nice to see the bowlers actually pull one out for them, instead of so often lately relying on the batsmen.

That must be something. I'm sure the Windies fans back home are probably parading on the streets celebrating. Too bad for the Aussies though, they must be in shock at the moment!

Yes, an awesome match, and a thrilling end for all of us West Indies fans.

Taylor said he didn't even realize that he took a hat trick until someone told him later.

That was some superb bowling on his part. They look set to defend their Championship. The remainder of the games should prove more interesting.

so you forgot they only made 80 againts sri lanka didnt they ???

will_85;107230 said:
so you forgot they only made 80 againts sri lanka didnt they ???

True they only made 80 against the 'Lankans, but this sure was a different team playing today though, I suspect prior to the game the Aussies were favorites to win.

This lovely game of cricket is just so unpredictable you just never know who would win on any given day.

A poor batting display from the Aussies cost them, just as they were on the way to victory, Gilchrist was out, and then a massive collapse.

Was there a reason Hogg didn't bowl much?
Wasn't this pitch meant to turn a lot. Don't understand that.

sherman;107264 said:
Was there a reason Hogg didn't bowl much?
He was their most expensive bowler until the final few overs, wasn't he? I'm sure that played a major part in it.

Well done to West Indies, who are becoming a real force again in ODI games at least. They beat us in Malaysia and now here, so while they still can have some shocking days, there's genuine signs of improvement.

I'd love to know what happened between Clarke and Gayle. It must have been something interesting because Gayle 'did his narna' there for a while.

I am not that upset that Australia lost. To be brutally honest, I think we should lose against India and Sri Lanka as well so we come home and prepare for the Ashes instead of trying to win this title. The Ashes are much more important.

Especially McGrath, id rather see him bowling here in the Pura Cup, rather than playing one day cricket. He hasn't played the long form of the game for such a long time, I dont know how these 8 to 10 over stints are gonna help him much.

Bundy_Dry&Lime;107273 said:
I'd love to know what happened between Clarke and Gayle. It must have been something interesting because Gayle 'did his narna' there for a while.

he was worried about clarke and gilchrist finishing the game of without getting out and tried to upset clarke but it backfired all i could hear was clarke saying something like show some heart or something ???

but gayle should have been suspended or fined for giving clarke a bit of a nudge ! i dont mind a bit of mouth but as soon as he touched him

will_85 said:
but gayle should have been suspended or fined for giving clarke a bit of a nudge ! i dont mind a bit of mouth but as soon as he touched him

Typical Hawthorn supporter. Soft.

Poor effort by Australia. If it weren't for Lara and Morton the Windies would have struggled to get 100. Had them on the ropes early but couldn't get the required wickets when they were needed. Hogg should have got more of a bowl, three overs for your main spinner just isn't enough.

Was pretty disappointed with Australia's batting. Phil Jaques definitely needs to come in and open the batting with Gilchrist, these other options just aren't working.

Gilchrist played well until he was run-out. If Gilchrist had of stuck around, I'm almost certain that the Aussies would of won. Clarke cracked under the pressure from Gayle, blocked out one of his overs and then gave his wicket away.

Clarke is a good player but when Australia needed him most, he let a little sledging get under his skin and it cost him big-time.

Hopefully, we can win the next two games and make the semi-finals of the tournament.

Back