Chumps Trophy: England vs West Indies

Re: Chumps Trophy: England vs West Indies

Does this match even mean anything to anyone? And by that I mean the players playing on these 2 teams, not the general public.

Bundy_Dry&Lime;109543 said:
West Indies won the toss and elected to bat. England have dropped Harmlesson.

man this guy is a comical genius... (no!)

Hey I'm paid as much for my comedy as I am for my forum posts.

West Indies having fun... 31st over and they are 1 for 149. Gayle and Bravo cashing in.

West Indies Innings
158 for 1 (33.1 overs)
C H Gayle not out 76 from 97
D J Bravo not out 60 from 81

Flintoff Should try another over.
_42249880_gayle300.jpg

Bundy,

sounds like you are enjoying yourself here? having some bundy's while posting ;) funny stuff!

anyways, England's attempts at bowling are almost over, WI 263/3 48.4 overs.

Nah I'm sober tonight. I only drink when Australia play.

Waugh Brothers crushing England at the Oval 2001 during the innings break... ahhh happy memories!

Bundy_Dry&Lime;109570 said:
Nah I'm sober tonight. I only drink when Australia play.

as cleazer already stated, tomorrow's match is basically a quarterfinal between Australia and India, so i am sure that calls for a Bundy, right :D

England actually starting off strong, 31-0 with 45.4 overs left.

So Gayle made 101 and Bravo finished 112 not out.
West Indies finished 272/4.

273 will be a tough target to chase for England. It would certainly buck the trend we've seen so far this tournament. They're off to a decent start though, 26-0 after 4 overs.

Chandu;109545 said:
Does this match even mean anything to anyone? And by that I mean the players playing on these 2 teams, not the general public.
It means something in the standings. If West Indies win, they play against New Zealand in the semifinals. If England can chase this total down, then the West Indies will play South Africa in the semifinals.

That said, I'm not sure the West Indies really care about which team they'll play. The last time they were in a situation like this, they got blown out against Sri Lanka, and wound up in the Australia/India group.

i'd say it means alot to england. i mean come on, they need some sort of good news going into the Ashes. at the moment, they have been terrible and they really need a momentum change.

at the moment Bell and Strauss are doing pretty good, 46 runs together with a 5.22 RR. i am really interested in seeing Flintoff, and how he bats today.

77-0 after the first 10 overs

The bowling from the West Indies has been sub-par so far. They'll need to concentrate harder if they want to win this. Gayle should've had that catch of Strauss too.

Gayle comes in and bowls Strauss.

That just seemed to be a matter of time, as first Strauss hit it straight to Gayle but he dropped it, then Gayle had a very good shout for lbw against Strauss that unfortunately wasn't given, and finally Gayle bowls him. He was bound to get him sooner or later.

Great over by Collymore, he bowls a maiden.

England are 1/98 in the 17th over, Bell is on 29, Flintoff 6.

Gayle comes back on and gets both Flintoff and Collingwood in the same over!

England now 127-3 after 21.

things getting interesting as i wodner if england can pull this 0ff-
152-3, 28 overs gone, beel and pietersen batting needing 121 to win.

159-3 after 30

This match could go either way at this point.
England need 5.7 per over from the final 20 overs.
Gayle only has 3 overs left, so someone else is going to have to step up among the West Indies bowlers.

Lara with a wonderful throw nails Bell on a run out. Bell didn't even stretch, because he thought he'd be safe by a mile, but Lara really surprised everyone with that throw.

183-5 after 38

Bravo caught Yardy, and it was tough to tell on the replays, but they finally got a super close-up shot that shows the ball bounced just in front of Bravo.

The required rate is going up, and England need 7.5 per over now.

bad sportsmanship by Bravo? he clearly had to know he did not catch that ball, right? Yardy should still be in there.

Back