Chumps Trophy: England vs West Indies

Re: Chumps Trophy: England vs West Indies

228-6 after 44

England need 45 from the last 6 overs.
It still seems like it could go either way at this point.

Bravo finally picks up a wicket, getting Read to hit it straight to Gayle. He deserved that, as he's been bwoling some really nice looking stuff in the last over or two. I was thinking that Lara was going to give him the game off, because he didn't come in any sooner to bowl. I've been waiting for him all game long.

England 232-7 after 44.4.

Taylor comes on for Bravo and gives up 16 runs. Interesting decision there from Lara.

England now need only 14 runs from the last 3 overs.

an absolutely brutal miss of an lbw by the umpire on the first ball of the 48th over. The ball hit him on the toe plumb in front, and somehow wasn't given. I'm rooting for England though, so I'm not complaining.

Bravo nails Mahmood lbw but the umpire bizarrely says no. That was as clear as day! Bravo nailed him, but he stays in.

Kevin Pietersen is going OFF and carrying England to victory. A big 6 puts the scores level with 2 overs to go.......and Mahmood puts it away with a boundary. Finally England able to score some runs and complete a reasonably difficult run chase.

So who's going to get MOTM?
I thought Gayle and Bravo were the two best players out there today, but KP brought home the win.

With regard to that missed lbw call: at first glance I thought he had gotten a little nick with the bat first. But the umpire gave it as leg byes, so he didn't think there was bat. I'd like to hear his justification for why that was not out..

Well, Gayle was MOTM. Totally deserved. Bravo and Gayle are the first two players to get centuries in this phase of the tournament.

So, barring some sort of bizarre result tomorrow, West Indies will finish second in this group and play South Africa. Whoever wins between India and Australia will play New Zealand.

England sure are winners of the "Chumps Trophy" as per the title of this thread. They've joined the group of Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, with yet another Chump to be determined between India and Australia in a short while.

Back