City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

You keep going on about Pura Cup games are 4 days and declarations are made to get results. As i previously said Premier cricket is played over two days and sides declare and try and get outright results. Teams are trying to get maximum points. Not trying to lose to let other teams get maximum points. These occur during a game when the opportunity arises.

My my Brett we have changed our tune.Let's have a look at some of the gems you have previously posted and gotten horribly wrong.

Absolutely delighted to be returning to the Den, more the wiser and more experienced i enjoyed my time Coaching & hopefully at 27yrs i still have alot of years to come in Longy.

Hearing massive rumors that 3 DDCA players are heading to Kingston Heath?

Apparently one of them a big name DDCA player, any truth to the rumor guys?

brett, Apr 7, 2010

1. Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

my understanding is my old team mate from Mordy has or is about to sign a contract as Captain Coach @ Moorabbin West this season.

I hope they know what they are in for if it is true, never met a more selfish person in my life when it comes to playing cricket. He will bowl all day and tell you how good he is. Hates it when the team wins if he has not contributed he would be the last person i would appoint as C/C anywhere. He will segregate your club and turn it on it's head and none of his team mates will respect him due to his massive ego & it is not just him who will cause the Westers trouble. I could go on but won't.

100% sure of this.

brett, Apr 21, 2010
1. Bottsy;397953 said:
News to me Brett and I know Steve Worker knows nothing about this. Plenty of bowlers down at the Westars so I don't think that would happening.

Pretty damning opinion you have of the bloke assuming you are talking about Manders. Obviously you couldn't have been a very good C/C yourself if you let him bowl all day and you couldn't handle him personally.

I'd like to know where you got this info and who from.

As I always say, worry about your own backyard before criticising others!

Bottsy i am not talking about Manders, Luke is a good kid just raw and talented and need alot of guidence. I don't have any issues with Luke i just wish for his own sake he can stop be super lazy and then he can go places.

And i did not let this bloke bowl all day, thats why i had issues with him because he is used to being number one all his life, i did what i thought was best for the team.

brett, Apr 23, 2010
To bowl all day would be to bowl all day unchanged from one end.
Yes it is TC, but my source got it wrong it is Moorabbin Park.........sorry for the mix up Bottsy i was hoping he did not go to the Westers he would have wrecked your club so on that note it is great news for you blokes.

Clint do u know TC or speak to TC??????

brett, Apr 23, 2010

The same kid who sh1t on Moorabbin Parks face last year and allegedly walked out on them but my people tell me he was sacked

brett, Apr 25, 2010

Loving the gossip.......great time of the year when we see who heads were.

Anyone else got anything?

brett, May 10, 2010

What was that about unproven speculation and bring down clubs? You seem to thrive on spreading innuendo on other clubs but as soon as the blow torch comes a little too close to home you become all high and mighty.

Hahaha... not a snitch, but throwing a club up. You'd want to have some solid evidence if you're going sling mud at them. Care to elaborate on any details?

Isn't Mackie playing your mob in E grade Mick? Ladder looks quite congested in that grade and an outright to either team would certainly throw the cat amongst the pidegons. Just to add another dimension to this debate. If a club is playing for their Longmuir/Woolnough status and in their last match of the season they decide that they will play out two innings to give themselves every chance of avoiding relegation. They are playing an opponent that is not participating in the finals and are not in the relegation zone; but are going through the motions, perhaps players unavailable or dropped to lower grades to give their other teams a chance of qualifying for a finals spot. The bottom team happens to get an outright and survive at the cost to another team. Would the Executive hold an enquiry? Would the game be deemed null and void? There was no collusion, but a lack of interest from one team.

I can't get past the fact clocker that you spent god knows how long trawling through the forum to find these, it's quite sad if I am been honest.
But better still it shows that my rumors are me asking questions hence the ???????????? At the end of them, but you try to turn rumors into facts by making statements. As has rockers with his earlier post.
But Ty for showing us all how sad n pathetic you are, continue to take 1 step forward n 2 steps back clocker because your really embarrassing yourself on here lately, your becoming quite the ring runner.

Congratulations to Leroy and the KHCC. Fantastic effort on guiding the club to the Longmuir Shield finals. All the hard work in grooming such a young bunch of kids over the years is a fantastic effort. With the help of some old blokes like Al Manning etc... over the years has seen the club start to reap the rewards of seeing these young boys mature and grow into fine young cricketers. This is on top of seeing a few boys furthering their cricket careers at Premier Cricket. Looking on the Premier Cricket website today i see that one of your young boys, Josh Manning making runs and taking wickets for St Kilda 1sts. There are also a few other boys playing in the Premier ranks. Well done and good luck to the club participating in their first Longmuir Shield finals campaign.

Yes, I am a very proud Coach. Making our first Longmuir finals campaign is a major milestone for our club.
9 of our first eleven today have come through our junior ranks. It's been a lot of hard work along the way, but results are finally coming our way. Congrats to Troy and the boys.
Also well done to young Josh on his making way through Premier cricket. I hope he and all our juniors who have left to play higher level cricket do fantastically well.
Now that we're there we'll give it our best go. As I said before it's exciting times down at the Heath.

The irony wasn't lost on me when that fact was brought up today, Clocker. Having said that, you would've thought I'd have mentioned it in the few posts I'd made prior. I'd like to reiterate Btk's words. Fine effort by all involved at KH. Must be very satisfying to know all the hard work has paid off giving themselves 2 weeks to fine their cricket for the serious stuff in March. Leroy deserves all the kudos that comes his way. Ripping bloke getting his just desserts.

Congrats Leroy n to the lads at KH, you have the added benefit of coming up against BUCC next week after there first lost in some 40 odd matches, you know they will be on the rebound which will be a great test for you n the lads.
It will be a battle of 9's as you mentioned 9 of your first players are from juniors also like BUCC but I believe with the inclusion of ash russel n Damien britt this week may change that to 8!
Best of luck

Kingston Heath v Bentleigh Uniting :
Le Page Park v East Sandringham Boys Club:
West Bentleigh v Brighton Union:
Carnegie South v Mackie
Bentleigh ANA v
Hampton Central
Chelsea Heights
v Elwood

Highett West v West Bentleigh Brighton Union v Aspendale Gardens Bentleigh Uniting v Omega
Cluden
v Bentleigh ANA
Washington Park v Hampton United
East Sandringham Boys Club v Moorabbin West

Current Tipping table at the end of Round 10
JIMMY OLSON 35
QUASIMODO 34
UNCLE MICK 34
IF I CAN I WILL 34

PETER PARKER 33
BILLY THE KID 32
GOLF 32
POST MORTEM 31
BOTTSY 31

THE MENTALIST 30
CLOCKER 30
NORTHCLUBSDPP 29
P'DOGS PIZZA 29
DR SQUEAK 27
BURGER 27
BRIAN WILSON 24

The closest contest in years. Jimmy outright leader as he goes into the club for a refreshing drink.Peter Parker still hovering ready to pounce.Good luck to all.

I can't get past the fact clocker that you spent god knows how long trawling through the forum to find these, it's quite sad if I am been honest.
But better still it shows that my rumors are me asking questions hence the ???????????? At the end of them, but you try to turn rumors into facts by making statements. As has rockers with his earlier post.
But Ty for showing us all how sad n pathetic you are, continue to take 1 step forward n 2 steps back clocker because your really embarrassing yourself on here lately, your becoming quite the ring runner.

Brett you remind me of a politician who purports are view of the world and then has a member of the Opposition catch them out by quoting an earlier speech from Hansard. I know I am 100% correct in this instance; unlike you hypocrite.

Mr Speaker, I would like to add my congratulations to Leroy for accomplishing an amazing feat by leading the Golfers to the finals. Now all the Golfers need is to recall Josh Manning for the game. Better not otherwise the hypocrite will have a cry and call for an investigation.
Unlike the hypocrite, I would like to also congratulate the Royals and Biggsy. It has been no doubt a very emotional week down at Royal Park with the passing of one of their stalwarts. Once again as he has done all season, Biggsy has lead from the front and I am sure he would gotten a lot of satisfaction from beating Uniting. Another unique scalp to add to the Royals collection.
Who would have believed that the Beach Boys would be playing for the Longmuir status this week? Now they have to travel to Chelsea Heights against a revamped Heights; not an easy task. The Spiders pulled out another superb bowling performance and will look forward to a strong batting display this week to complete their finals preparation including the coveted double chance. Great Effort!
Hampton Central can't take a trick this season. They had Mackie on the ropes earlier in the year and the rain intervened. Then they pull out a magnificent win against the Panthers only to have the Royals,Cowboys and Chelsea Heights get up. Bit like holding a full house and getting rolled by 4 of kind. In Woolnough Omega has the opportunity to end the finals aspirations of Uniting assuming Bottsy and the Weststars can do the job at Juggernaut Park. If the Ommies fail then the same teams will resume hostilities next week in the Semi Final.Fantastic round of cricket and good luck to all.

Evening All,

Time for the old boy to end a self imposed absence, even though some thought I was dead!

I notice the Daily Planet photographer leading the tipping in the absence of the old boys usual strong challenge at the top of the pack.

I see the timepiece water vessell thimble has reinvented himself as Antonio Banderas and is squabbly over the toys in the cot with the child!

He still thinks there is a juggernought park where yesterdays heros meekly gave up the double chance when the Golfers blew them off course and will do so again when the big dances start in the ides of march.

Well done Ronald and crew done at the Royal arena with the late great Jason Sherlock looking down and guiding the boys home to give the Bills a hiccup and a savage drop in their share price, that they will rival the US dollar for value! I am a bit out of touch is and where is the child playing for anyone these days.

My good friend Peter Parker your tipping is obviously riding the ants wave of success and maybe you can get up and snatch a win from the photographer.A woman on the train told me that Antonio was putting up one of his embroidered capes as a prize, for first past the post.

I see there have been quite a few new additions to the BCF, and even allegations of a match fixing scandal with the threat of Congress action.I mean that mob would have to stop sitting on their hands for the cricketing public to see any action!!!!

Did have a visit from Archie who sends his regards, but like the old boy he has moved on to greener pastures.

A hearty cheerio to my old drinking buddy uncle Mick who I see is still propping up most of you irrelevant posters and also talking sense at the same time.

Just waiting for Big Macs pronostigations on his beloved Buddy Big head and the hapless hawks who got done by the timid tigers, that must have hurt!

I had to settle for a TShirt Tommy Hafey cup of tea to celebrate the thimbles expected demise yesterday as the hard stuff is out of the question.I also see that BMF is a shadow of himself which is nearly an impossibility when you are 20 stone plus!
I suppose Antonio can now use his extensive cape to wipe away the expected tears as his water vessel thimbles self compitulate into forgotten oblivion!!!!

That's enough words of wisdom from the old boy and a bit like Black Caviar I am not sure when I will return for another run and only self modesty stops me from declaring that both the mare and I have outstanding records.

Unlike Arnie S it is good to be back but I am not sure when I will be back.

To all my fans out there I look forward to the expected responses

Merl over and out

Forgive me Clock, but did our esteemed leader Mr Olsen only manage a 1/6?

Longmuir
Brighton Union (rebound)
Carnegie South (wrestled with this one, 50/50 go)
Bentleigh Uniting
Le Page Park (a lot to play for in this game for both)
Mackie
East Sandringham Boys Club

Carn Sth is the only correct tip according to his post two weeks back. That would mean a 4-way tie at the top of the leaderboard through my calculations...

Better to be a hypocrite using my name for one and all to see clocker who ever you are, I can be held accountable for my actions n comments where you can hide like you do so well.
I can sleep at night as I know who I am n I am who I am, I may be known as over opinionated and one who can't spell, but you can't sleep at night unless you feel vindicated yet for no other reason to twiddle your old fella with a grin, because what is factual is the shear fact you are a gutless ashamed individual, the best thing you could do for yourself or any self respecting person would see is to come clean with your true identity, untill then blah blah blah

Forgive me Clock, but did our esteemed leader Mr Olsen only manage a 1/6?

Longmuir
Brighton Union (rebound)
Carnegie South (wrestled with this one, 50/50 go)
Bentleigh Uniting
Le Page Park (a lot to play for in this game for both)
Mackie
East Sandringham Boys Club

Carn Sth is the only correct tip according to his post two weeks back. That would mean a 4-way tie at the top of the leaderboard through my calculations...
You are rattled Quasi! Yes Jimmy and most of the leaders were slaughtered, just trying to build up the tension leading into the final round.You have not made a selection in the Royals-v-Hampton Central match. When you have a moment...

I see the timepiece water vessell thimble has reinvented himself as Antonio Banderas and is squabbly over the toys in the cot with the child!

Errol Flynn actually. Juggernaut are still there and if the grand plan comes to fruition then they will win their way to the Grand Final and then overcome Uniting or the Spiders in a thriller to add another chapter to their illustrious history. Not sure your ticker could handle such an event.

Underestimate ESBC at your peril. The fact remains that they have only legitimately lost one final in over 11 years, that being against ANA in 2006/07. Last year against Union they were well in control until the rain came.

Underestimate ESBC at your peril. The fact remains that they have only legitimately lost one final in over 11 years, that being against ANA in 2006/07. Last year against Union they were well in control until the rain came.

I know you have your ana blinkers on sugar, but West Bentleigh defeated esbc in the 2005/2006 second semi to progress to grand final, however esbc turned the tables in the granny. In saying that I agree you can't right the boys club off although I think their bowling looks a little thin.

Well corrected PH, let me re-phase that to "legitimately dismissing ESBC's finals campaign with a loss". We thought they were light on 2 years ago v Mackie also, but with senior heads like Biggie Phelan, they just know how to win.

Back