City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

According to MyCricket: 260 games; 659 wickets @ 15.1; BB 9/31. Record speaks for itself. As a fellow left armer, I've admired from a distance what he's achieved and his consistency over a sustained period. Certainly seen him as the benchmark for a very long time. As an outsider it seems as though Chubbs gets even better when the side is at it's best - which is also a reflection on the team/club that builds the pressure for him to ply his trade so well. Without doubt deserves his place along the names of yesteryear, but to state he's without peer is getting a little too excited.
As for Schleiger, I remember playing against him in his first game back from District cricket in the late 90's early 00's (came out to bat in his District club helmet). Dangerously quick and knew it.

Well said jimmy that's why I asked you, to hard to separate them all as you said as to many different factors come in to it I guess, either way a CMCA legend he is, been at the top of his game for over 20 years as sugar said, still not sure how he has not won the cmca version of the Brownlow????? Should have won it one year but some cmca umpire who didn't like him decided 6-41 off 20 overs in a one day game could not earn him 3 votes to clinch it let alone 1 vote but yet a match high of 47 got 3 votes *still shake my head*.

Brett you just brought up my favourite topic. If you want a good night of comedy listen to the umpires votes for the knights award!!! Always entertaining.

According to MyCricket: 260 games; 659 wickets @ 15.1; BB 9/31. Record speaks for itself. As a fellow left armer, I've admired from a distance what he's achieved and his consistency over a sustained period. Certainly seen him as the benchmark for a very long time. As an outsider it seems as though Chubbs gets even better when the side is at it's best - which is also a reflection on the team/club that builds the pressure for him to ply his trade so well. Without doubt deserves his place along the names of yesteryear, but to state he's without peer is getting a little too excited.
As for Schleiger, I remember playing against him in his first game back from District cricket in the late 90's early 00's (came out to bat in his District club helmet). Dangerously quick and knew it.

Spot on Mick. Excellent assessment. But to clarify (again) - the ‘without peer’ comment relates to his amazing ability to consistently take big wickets (and bags of) in big games.

Child,

My faltering memory is somewhat sure that the CMCA Brownlow had a fairest or most positive influence on the game aspect which both the fiery Chubba and several others missed out on votes because of their constant abuse,sledging and unsportsman like conduct.Many a BBQ has had to watch your siily attempts at iron glove wicket keeping and the old saying bretts in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones!

The water vessel noughts sandpit may have won as many brownlows as he won flags but for his big north and south.

Past Hack I suggest you get a look at the criteria for the Brownlow before you go criticising the BBQ's who while will never be perfect can only operate in the frame work provided.

Good to see the BCF alive and kicking just like the old boy who got a clean bill of health from his medico and will be around a while longer to annoy you all.

Jimmy don't you respond to the old boy these days.Am i persona non gratia?

Merl alive and kicking

Looking at the list of teams remaining in finals two clubs stand out, Washington Park and Bentleigh Uniting I believe have four teams left in the finals race, great effort by both clubs, strong through out the grades.
Washington Park has rebuilt well after some lean years and are proof that sometimes you have to go back to go forward, they are now a well ran club on and off field. As for Uniting, they have 4 teams in the top 4 grades and made finals in all of them. Had a chance to watch their second XI against Ommies on the weekend, very good team, great mix of youth and experience, the old Manakis boys then a mix of kids all under about 23 I think, hard to believe this is the clubs second eleven and all players via their juniors I am told, Wow!
Omega was disappointing but whispers of big recruiting drive of players next year from a rival club currently in strife?
Good luck to all clubs left in the race, will attempt to get to the big ones.

Merl yes there is a criteria it's called suspension!! Suspend the players if there behavior is so bad, if you don't suspend them then don't take votes away from then for personal cratification, one umpire especially did this n cost Simon the award. And it was all on the back of a off field matter were someone from the club had written something on here I believe about a certain umpire and Simon had been wrongly blamed for it, some weeks later the umpire in question had our match and his ego and attitude towards Simon was uncomplimentry and net result in a low scoring one day match Simon was not awarded any votes for his 6-41 losing the knights award in the last round which was this match in question, at least the umpire in question no longer officiates and the freternity is now a stronger group of talented umpires............never forgotten!

Having commended Chubbs for what he does on the field, when there's banter to be shared, he's not one to hold back. If that costs him votes, then I don't think it's the fault of the umpires.

Oh he was quick, the fact he was nuts made him quicker lol.

Did anyone see who was the site foreman on the last series of "The Block" - none other than Keith! He had to put up with that young buck giving him heaps every week. Having heard the stories of his time in the CMCA I was waiting for him to explode!!! He must have been really holding back - would've made for more interesting viewing :D

Looking at the list of teams remaining in finals two clubs stand out, Washington Park and Bentleigh Uniting I believe have four teams left in the finals race, great effort by both clubs, strong through out the grades.
Washington Park has rebuilt well after some lean years and are proof that sometimes you have to go back to go forward, they are now a well ran club on and off field.

Do you know what else stands out "straight bat". as strong as washington park maybe their top 4 teams who all finished on the top of the ladder bar woolnough where they finished 2nd, all lost and now playing in cut throat prelimsVery interesting from the washups. Must have all had a big night the friday night?

Well, it's back to the drawing board for the Spiders after a heavy blow to their batting stocks. Their strength all year has been their bowling, but hopefully they'll get their batting act together this weekend and come back strongly against the Juggers. Having won 10 out of 11 home and away games this season has been extraordinary, but a place in the big dance would cap off the best season in the Spiders long history. In finals, reputation counts for naught, it's all about putting it together on the day. The exciting thing is that there's plenty of improvement to come down at the web and I'll be looking forward to watching them deliver the goods at the home of the Spiders this weekend.

Is the above some kind of attempt to bring up the fact the game has been scheduled at Le Page? Saw some tweets that the Carnegie Sth faithful weren't happy with the game fixtured there. My understanding was the club would be involved in the decision.

Le Page is where the Longmuir final is to be played so i don't know why you'd be unhappy playing the Prelim there. Surely they dodn't think the would get a home game!!!!

Not sure, Btk. There's no reason why they can't play at home. If it's good enough in the H&A season, why is it unsuitable for a Prelim Final? They deserve home ground advantage and bar takings to reward their efforts this season. With that said, they shouldn't be upset with Le Page as the alternative.
I definitely agree with hosting the big dance at a premier ground which is why Le Page is hosting. Good ground and good facilities. Should always be doing our best to showcase our cricket at the top level on the last weekend.

Tipping a couple of "upsets" this weekend. Wash Ups are all at sea. Private conversation had with one of them has me thinking there's not enough self belief at Packer Park. Liked what I saw of Uniting last week and I think they'll get the job done.
Still stunned at the golden tonsils' revelation on the cricket show that the CS skipper attended a wedding over leading his chargers last weekend. Like the great man said on Sunday, you would've had to drag me away from the cricket - even if it was my own wedding! Each to their own though. East Sandy still haven't been convincing, but there's enough there for me to confidently tip them into another GF.

Great to see plenty of bags taken by the bowlers last weekend. Hope there's a bit more of it this weekend.

To tell you the truth, I simply assumed the Spiders would be playing the Prelim at home. They had earned the right after all. As UM says, if it's good for the Home and Away season, it should be good for the finals. The CMCA were smart enough to revert finals games back to conditions that match the home and away season (ie back in the days when finals were 80 or 90 overs a day over 2 or 4 days), so they should be consistant with the grounds too. Especially if the hard yards have been done to earn that right.

I at least hope that the Spiders have done some deal over the bar takings for the weekend.

Back