City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Moorabbin West Cricket Club
Affiliated with the CMCA
SEEKING KEY PERSONNEL FOR THE 2012-13 SEASON
We are a club looking to make a splash, with an expectation of finals next season. Our 1st XI competes in Woolnough Shield and was a finals contender for most of this season, whilst our 2nd XI were D Grade Premiers and will move up to C Grade next year.
We have a solid mix of youth and experience and have already put a new Captain/Coach in place, along with an ambitous and united leadership group.
We now seek the experience and skills of a quality top or middle order batsman.
The person we're after will ideally possess:
  • Experience and accomplishments at a comparable standard of cricket
  • A passion to be part of a strong team and winning culture
  • A commitment to pre season, and strong work ethic during the season
  • A temperament to bat long periods and work with our developing batsmen
In return we offer remuneration consistant with your experience and skill set and a club hungry for success.
Suitable candidates will preferably have statistical credentials available on MyCricket or similar league websites.
Resumes/Applications or Enquiries can be forwarded to moorabbinwestcricketclub@gmail.com or enquiries can be made on 0413 928 287
Applications close 4th May, 2012.

Haha good luck

Bunter,

Couldn't help but wonder if I was reading an old newspaper online or if I had my numbers wrong. ESBC have won 9 out of 11 flags as confirmed by the link below to the CMCA website (when they update the current season). Your article lists them as 8 from 11.
Longmuir Premiers

Juggernaut: 10/10
Won the flag which is what they had set themselves for the year. You can't ask for anything else.

Bentleigh Uniting: 9/10

Won the 20/20, and got to the State 20/20 final where they fell short. With hindsight the loss to the Royals should have been a wake up call. Fell short in the Grand final but still accomplished a lot for the season. Participated in a staggering 24 matches for the season. A lot of talent at the club but failed to win a flag in what would have been a disappointing outcome for the club. A lot of motivation for next season. To quote Admiral Yammoto after the Japanese attack upon Pearl Harbor:'I fear we have awakened the sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve'

Carnegie South: 8/10

Break out year for the Spiders and took on all comers. Their batting was always considered their achilles heel and proved to be so in the finals. Irrespective a very good season in what must have been a distracting season with having to play most of their home games at Caulfield Park. A great effort by Handley to finish 3rd in the B&F after I had written him off the previous year. I stand corrected! Big things expected from the Spiders in 2012-2013 and nothing short of a finals spot is expected.

Kingston Heath: 8/10

After being dismissed for 58 against the Spiders early in the season there were probably not too many pundits who would have backed them to make the finals. Leroy kept the faith and was rewarded with the Golfers first final appearance in Longmuir. Good collection of youth and will be the ones to watch next season.

Royals: 6/10

They played like frightened rabbits early in the season.Every team spooked them and they batted accordingly. Something changed; not sure what it was, but they bounced back. They had all but beaten the Spiders until the rain intervened. They beat Mackie in a close one and then defeated the Invincibles at Centenary Park and followed it up with wins against the Hoops and Centrals. In the meantine they lost to Le Page and the Cowboys; games that were there to win, but still managed to finish a distant 5th on the ladder. If they can get their consistency right then they will be up there with a chance to play finals.

Le Page: 4/10

The Panthers with a new recruit promised a lot but fell short on too many occasions. They did enough to remain statistically viable for a finals spot but it was never going to happen. A lot of work needed down at Panther Park as well as pick up a few batsmen to give them some depth.

Mackie: 5/10

The lads from the bowling green performed admirably threatening all year to fill one of the vacant finals spot.In fact had they made the most of their opportunities they may well have finished second or third.The loss against the Royals effectively ended their season and whilst they overcame Elwood the following week they just ran out of steam. The veterans are starting to show their years and whilst they blooded a number of youth they will have their work cut out to replace the veterans as they start to retire..assuming they retire. They have a few more years of treading water.

Cowboys: 5/10

The Cowboys were in turmoil at the end of last season.A win in Round 1 provided a degree of optimism. Unfortunately their next win did not occur until Round 8 and then they found their feet and ended the season with 3 wins and 2 draws. There is still a lot of work ahead of them for next season if they want to survive as it will be a very close and cut throat comeptition next season.

Chelsea Heights: 6/10

The Heighters were always going to struggle in their first season in Longmuir.In the end they managed three wins and two draws and they survived; so that is a win.No doubt they will recruit over the winter and take a further small steps towards establishing themselves in the top grade.

Hoops: 2/10

Frigged if I know what happened to the Hoops.On paper last season's Grand Finalists looked as though they would still be a formidable unit. It was like they were bowling with a tennis ball all season. Their attack had no potency and they could not take wickets. After Round 5 they had one win such was their season. Was it one of those seasons where everything just went wrong or perhaps is there a malaise indicative of other issues. No doubt the Hoops have a depth issue with their lower grade teams being slaughtered for most of the season. A lot of work needed down at Hoop Park but still have the nucleus of a very competitive Longmuir team.

Elwood: 1/10

The Beach Boys looked like they were waiting for something to happen all season. Everyone was waiting for them to burst out but it never occured. A Round 1 victory against the Golfers and then had to wait until Round 9 for their next win. Avoided relegation by one game and were not for the heroics of Dehaan who knows where they would have ended. Another club with a lot to ponder over the winter.

Hampton Central: 1/10

A terrible year for the Centrals where nothing went right for them. Last season they missed the finals after appearing to have second spot sewn up. This season they had to wait until Round 6 for a win and it never got any better for them. Another tour of duty in Woolnough and a few of the veterans of the club hanging up their boots. They will bounce back.

Washington Park: 9/10

They did it the hard way as usual but managed to pluck victory from the jaws of defeat. Strong club at present with a hard working committee, good list of players and a lot of depth.They probably need to find a few bowlers as this appears to be their major weakness next season.They will cause a lot of teams some angst with their strong batting line up and energetic fielding. How are the bones Spongebob?

Well done to Jimmy on another sterling season doing everything as usual.How do you do it? Can anyone tell me how a private conversation made public is a sackable offence and yet scurrilous innuendo warrants a reprimand?

Haha good luck
Mate , you are living up to what people are saying about you Great Player but BIG HEAD . You play in the cmca and make good money but play below your standards (apparently) making you a big fish in a small pond , nobody remembers those fish if your going to continue to play in what you probably believe is a moderate competition go and prove yourself elsewhere then you can continue to gob off about other clubs whenever you want . I hear when you played against Moorabbin West you batted like a spoilt kid and a bloke who has more respect from more players and clubs than you ever will was terribly disappointed in what he saw of your batting.

Manders, if you read it carefully they're looking for key personnel, not a coach. My mail is they've already picked up a coach and one of their key players from the past few seasons has returned after a year elsewhere. Looking promising down at Whiddop if they can beef up their stocks to add some depth. Will be interesting to see if O'Leary getting the gig at Centrals has players jumping ship with him.

Manders, if you read it carefully they're looking for key personnel, not a coach. My mail is they've already picked up a coach and one of their key players from the past few seasons has returned after a year elsewhere. Looking promising down at Whiddop if they can beef up their stocks to add some depth. Will be interesting to see if O'Leary getting the gig at Centrals has players jumping ship with him.

Uncle, I'm sure it says this in the Ad :D and who's heading back to Widdop - Worker?

Fair write up Clock. On the money about the bowling stocks. We will be aiming to recruit some bowling. I don't think we're that far off, Swiv Heywood is not to be underestimated - very crafty and consistent, but the likes of Oaten and Matthiesson will be tested no doubt - lets not forget they are just 20/21 years old so still learning the game and hopefully will improve that extra bit next year when they have another crack at Longy. As for the bones - no worse than normal when you're 40 - a few winning ales have proved a nice antidote though!!

Uncle, I'm sure it says this in the Ad :D and who's heading back to Widdop - Worker?

Fair write up Clock. On the money about the bowling stocks. We will be aiming to recruit some bowling. I don't think we're that far off, Swiv Heywood is not to be underestimated - very crafty and consistent, but the likes of Oaten and Matthiesson will be tested no doubt - lets not forget they are just 20/21 years old so still learning the game and hopefully will improve that extra bit next year when they have another crack at Longy. As for the bones - no worse than normal when you're 40 - a few winning ales have proved a nice antidote though!!

Fair play, GF. Ignorance is bliss! I actually hadn't read the advert. However, to explain myself, I was responding to a post which Mr Manders has wisely removed.

Surprised to know your boys are as raw as they are. Bodes well for the future at WP.

Back