City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Can somebody explain to me how Dingley 1 can forfeit in G Grade and Dingley 2 can play in I Grade ?
I always thought you had to forfeit your lowest team ?

I thought the 50% rule only applied in the first week, whereby a full one day round in which no team could be disadvantaged was applied in the second week.

I should know better, but, alas, my rules book isn't handy :cool:

Section:9.1 Extreme Heat Policy.
I draw you attention to rule 9.1.5.
Cancellation of a Rounds Results.

‘Where more than 50% of matches in an individual grade are abandoned on Day 2, all matches will be deemed to be null and void regardless of whether some matches were completed and three points will be awarded to teams in that grade.

I am fairly certain we had this controversy a few years ago when a team played on in the wet whilst all other games were washed out.There was a significant outcry which resulted in all the rounds matches being awarded as draws. I concur that Moorabbin West deserve their points.

I understand the argument MW deserve points, but what about the sides that were disadvantaged by the weather? It would be fair to say the HW v Omega game was weighted towards an Omega win, but the rain intervened and they were denied the extra 3 points. Doesn't seem fair to me that because a side had an early result they are rewarded ahead of a side that was on its way to victory - particularly across the grade(s). This rule is farcical if it only applies to one element of the weather. It needs to be consistent.
All that aside, super impressive effort from Bottsy with the ball. 6/8 off 10+ overs is massive!

Thanks Mick. That's my best figures in my career. Can never seem to get that seventh. Not enough stamina!

Surely if the shoe was on the other foot you would expect the points. We were just fortunate that we batted so badly we had the chance to get some quick wickets.

Bit Rich, maybe you should have bowled first against West Bentleigh or declared like our two's did which gave them just enough time to get the win as well. Quite ingenious from Robbo! Don't forget to make sure your facing first ball! Game on!

Unfortunately the clubs have made a rod for their own back on this issue, and frankly I have no empathy.On how many occasions
during week 1, do clubs roll up and call it off when there is a real prospect of play? We probably have some of the best grounds in the metro area and yet teams still pull the chicken switch when there is a little water around.The umpires stand around listening to the excuses and then have no option but to call off the game because one captain does not want to play. If they do get a start and the players go off for tea or drinks and it starts to rain we get the old 'not allowed to play because it must stop raining before we start play' even though both teams have been playing in the rain for the previous hour.It is only when finals come around that the CMCA get serious and basically force the clubs to play. The Woolnough final between the Golfers and the West stars in 2008-2009 is probably the best example. The Golfers could have just refused to play citing conditions, and a myriad of other excuses which were all valid, but to their credit and despite the fact that the Executive changed the rules during the match both sides continued on and played in what were some of the wettest conditions I have seen. I just wonder whether we should just play 22 rounds of one day cricket where each team plays each other twice and then have finals with a reserve day. Forget two day matches as most clubs try to find an excuse not to play in the first week.

Bottsy... Mikko & I shared that view when recording YouTube today (to be posted tomorrow). Well done on a great personal achievement. To be denied that due to some jealous clubs doesn't seem fair to me. Full credit to Moorabbin West for getting the 6 points in my view.

If I'd backed my team and chosen to bowl in the first week, then maybe we might have snared 6 points against Hampton United, but no. We played safe and batted first, and in light of weather over the past two summers, that is a risk which we all share.

You're right Clock about captains trying to influence umpires on playing or not playing in certain conditions. Should be like Premier cricket. The umpires and the umpires only deem to play or not play. With the "Can't go back on to play because it's still lightly raining" is also a myth. If the umpires deem it to be ok to play the teams go out and play.

Bottsy... Mikko & I shared that view when recording YouTube today (to be posted tomorrow). Well done on a great personal achievement. To be denied that due to some jealous clubs doesn't seem fair to me. Full credit to Moorabbin West for getting the 6 points in my view.

If I'd backed my team and chosen to bowl in the first week, then maybe we might have snared 6 points against Hampton United, but no. We played safe and batted first, and in light of weather over the past two summers, that is a risk which we all share.

Interesting point of view you have given ANA's gutless act a few years back when they refused to play in inclement weather (my only stint in Longmuir). Your boys were stuffed and refused to get out on the ground which ended up reverting to ordinary conditions and you held on for a draw at 9 down. On the weekend, our boys did what we could to get out on the park even though the game was as good as done at 2/81. We're more than happy to take the 3 points. I just don't think it's a fair result for Omega.

Interesting to read about the lack of play on the weekend. Being involved in the VTCA we actually had more playing days than the CMCA last year and you would think hard wickets would play more than turf. The rule we have in place is that once the captains disagree the decision is left to the umpires.

Interesting point of view you have given ANA's gutless act a few years back when they refused to play in inclement weather (my only stint in Longmuir). Your boys were stuffed and refused to get out on the ground which ended up reverting to ordinary conditions and you held on for a draw at 9 down. On the weekend, our boys did what we could to get out on the park even though the game was as good as done at 2/81. We're more than happy to take the 3 points. I just don't think it's a fair result for Omega.
Gee Mick, no need to go down the path of another era, in a game of which I wasn't involved in. You're better than that. I'm entitled to my own opinion as a first year captain.

Gee Mick, no need to go down the path of another era, in a game of which I wasn't involved in. You're better than that. I'm entitled to my own opinion as a first year captain.
Check mycricket, Sugar. I think you'll find you opened the batting. But you make a good point. Hopefully you can set the example in a "new era".

Lukey - the ladder suggests MW get the points.

...Royals chasing 160....Good effort with the ball Mick a lazy 5 fa.

D Marsh b M Flahive 3
AD Kain b M Flahive 0
H Lambos lbw b M Flahive 8
*S Campbell lbw b M Flahive 20
+A Mikkelsen not out 64
C Fulco c S Gray b B Bennett 4
R Dolman b M Flahive 0
M Geschke st A Duddy b M Devereaux 1
J Sherlockc ? b J Wilson 13
B Dolman b L Dallas 15
A Lee not out 4
Extras (3nb,0w,1b,1lb) 5
Total 9/137

...Royals chasing 160....Good effort with the ball Mick a lazy 5 fa.

D Marsh b M Flahive 3
AD Kain b M Flahive 0
H Lambos lbw b M Flahive 8
*S Campbell lbw b M Flahive 20
+A Mikkelsen not out 64
C Fulco c S Gray b B Bennett 4
R Dolman b M Flahive 0
M Geschke st A Duddy b M Devereaux 1
J Sherlock M Flahive b J Wilson 13
B Dolman b L Dallas 15
A Lee not out 4
Extras (3nb,0w,1b,1lb) 5
Total 9/137

Thanks Clock. I've edited the unknown fielder that caught Sherlock for you as well!
Unfortunately, that's one game that has always left a sour taste in my mouth. But Sugar professes to a new era down at ANA and I hope he's true to his word.

Douglas Jardine is probably the most apt description.A man of Empire."I did but see her passing by, and yet I love her till I die".
Douglas Jardine: 'The sun will never set on the British Empire'
Victor Richardson: 'Not even God would trust the Poms in the dark'
Finally unrelated but a good one.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Winston Churchill

Douglas Jardine is probably the most apt description.A man of Empire."I did but see her passing by, and yet I love her till I die".
Douglas Jardine: 'The sun will never set on the British Empire'
Victor Richardson: 'Not even God would trust the Poms in the dark'
Finally unrelated but a good one.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Winston Churchill

You are on fire Clocker. The previous post also seals a mystery for me. Uncle Mick is Clocker!!!!

Thanks Clock. I've edited the unknown fielder that caught Sherlock for you as well!
Unfortunately, that's one game that has always left a sour taste in my mouth. But Sugar professes to a new era down at ANA and I hope he's true to his word.
Clock / Mick,

I wasn't thinking about this game because we did play normal conditions to 5:45pm, which is different to my argument. Also I'm trying to erase it from my mind considering Mick bowled me first ball!

We can discuss "new eras" if you want, but it all depends on the captain at the time. I know I've played games v ESBC in the seconds, where they've been reluctant to play due to "weather" when the match circumstances aren't ideal for them.

Back to the point at hand, I just reckon Moorabbin West deserve the 6 points.

Back