City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Hardly consider my post as harsh?! Simply clarifying the mistruth in your statement. East Sandy have had issues in the past with their licensing hours. There's been a solid crackdown in the Bayside area on this with regular visits from the Department of Justice reps.

With respect to best grounds, I'm obviously a tad bias, but Highett West would have to be considered. We're also currently in talks about having an electronic scoreboard which we would expect to be ready for this season's finals series. Discussions are still in its infancy and there's still a bit to be sorted, but it would be located on the far side of the ground making it an ideal venue for marquee games (i.e. finals).

The mail was that council had a say based on complaints from neighbours. That was straight from an East Sandy source who said it was and is an on going issue. I accept if this is incorrect and won’t labour the point. We have had those issues ourselves at BUCC as will most clubs (footy, cricket etc ) at some stage if located within a residential area. Still maintain that one of the grand finalists should host the 20/20 GF but agree that HW, as with many other grounds, would be an excellent location.

Chooka,
You state usual suspects. Please show when I have previously criticized Uniting? I raised a point concerning the assumption that Centenary should automatically host the final without apparently any consideration of alternative venues considering the Juggernaut won their Division. The Mentalist then chipped in with his thoughts which smacked of arrogance. P.P responded with his views as did I pointing out a few fallacies about the Mentalist’s comments. The nappy wearing dribbling excuse of a poster Merlot then added something which is still being translated and should be available sometime next month.Then we have your post:

And I agree plenty of clubs with BBQs, play grounds, canteens and the ability to run a good event. So maybe when those clubs make a 20/20 GF then they will have a decent chance of hosting it.

This is the exact question I asked. Why did the Juggernaut not have the opportunity to host? If the answer is the council will not let them, then it is end of discussion.

And last year Uniting did not ‘have it moved to Bailey at the last minute’. The council dumped a few truckloads of topsoil on the ground two days early that rendered Centenary unplayable.

Yes but the Grand Final was allocated to Centenary and then had to be moved to Bailey. Who made that call?

Success not always measured in premierships and the ability to ride out some tough years and still put out a good number of senior and junior teams every week is just as satisfying aswinning flags but since it has been raised remember that BUCC were the club that managed to break East Sandy’s stunning run of Longy flags back in 06/07 and a have consistently won flags across all grades for many years. Add to that a sustained run of success at U16 level and we are well satisfied, even before the recent run of senior team success, which inevitably will come to an end at some stage. Satisfaction comes in different ways. For some it might be measured by avoiding relegation and staying in the top flight. It might even be the ability to be a little more gracious toward your neighbouring clubs very hard earned and well deserved recent success.

Really? So why has the club spent in excess of 20 grand to procure two very good players if your club was in such good shape? The reality was that Uniting for all their development lacked the players to get to the finals and then take the next step. You only have to look at the woeful effort your Woolnough team put up in the Semi Final last year.

Add to that the fact that it is venue of choice for 90% of East Bentleigh’s dog walkers and we are grateful to be playing at Centenary.
You mean 90% of BUCC players, supporters and Executive Members walk their dogs at Centenary and therefore that is where the game is played.
Interesting Chooka how for many years the BUCC failthful would unmercifully squeal how the Royals, Hoops, Juggernaut and Washups paid for their imports, and what a blight it was on the Association.The boot is on the other foot and good for you, but when the money dries up and you are back to trying to find kids who can play opposition clubs will be quick to remind you that your halcyon days have passed. Amen.

Interesting reading, it has all had me wondering what is the real issue here?

Last year at the knights awards I was asked a interesting question, 'what do I make of the T20 competition'
My response 'it is great, it gives clubs the chance to blood some youth, give clubs exposure and develop a atmosphere, blokes who miss out on a Saturday get a crack mid week and each club can set there own goals they hope to achieve out of it'.
We played one side last year at there ground and I think they had a man with a dog under the tree watching as we scored for ourselves n this club, we had about 30-40 supporters Rock up and drink there booze.
Every single time we played away we still went in drobes.
To play at a neutral venue is of no benefit to the 2 clubs who battle hard and take the competition seriously, clubs pay to enter the competition so only fair the better performed sides get the benefits, if esbc make the final next year then only fair they host it.
IMO since I was a 14yr old I have always known bucc to be successful, chookas comments are bang on. Longmuir glory was a small portion of reward of hardwork put in by all, I remember the years and celebrations just as much when we didn't achieve excellence in the top flight but celebrated those through out the club who's turn it was for success. Everyone has always celebrated with everyone else at the success in there grade which in turn reflected into club success in our eyes.
I still remembering winning the club championship 9/10 years on the bounce and we were proud of that, now these days a Friday night at centenary would build up 100 people on a nice day watching our u/16's with BBQ going bar open all first players supporting our under 16's it's a place to be.

But it's taken time with hard work, the Manakis twins, John Halliday, Greg Brisbane, players making Thursday night dinners and doing canteen duties everyone pulls there weight because it's expected and I believe that's where it matters, if everyone is involved you respect your club and everything matters, you arrive and worry if the floor is clean, so you grab a mob and do it!!!
'behavior breeds behavior'
So some of the comments can be seen as jealousy but really those who cast negative opinions on what is happening down at the den want maybe just a small slice of the pie, the reality is no club will ever be like bucc as we were never going to be like esbc, but we learnt from them, took a little bit and moulded it into the base we had laid and made it our own. That's how I would hope other clubs see bucc, as a chance to take something away from what's going on and shape your club.
The stronger clubs grow the better the competition becomes and we should encourage that, encourage recruiting and junior structure and representive games which at senior level seem to have disappeared??

Well lots of people also have alot to say about Glenn, he has come along with another slice and added it into the base and moulded it into something brilliant, he is not a magician, he just demands effort and leads from the front, class bat with a cricket head unlike anything I have seen in this competition. It's great he has come to the cmca and even better to uniting because I know he and jack will be entrenched in bucc for the rest of there careers, you would be completely stupid to leave yes 'I am'.
Ps if he was prime minister, he would get my vote but I do have a fire burning for Julia.

It's called insinuation Mental. You can look that one up too.

Brighton Union actually finished on top before the finals, but as Bentleigh Uniting negotiated the semi final to be played at home, why not try 2 for 2?

As you say, its a 20/20 final and not the big March action, so nobody's going to lose sleep over it!

PP- Dear Twenty/20 Clubs,

The CMCA are pleased to advise this years Grand Finalists for the Kookaburra Twenty/20 Cup are:-

Bentleigh Uniting vs ESBC

To be played at Centenary Park, from 5.30pm.

Say no more ?????????? you must be seathing.

The usual suspects wanting to take a swing at the BUCC. Highly amusing really. All this talk about alternative finals venues is absurd. Can really only be a choice of 2 venues and as the City of Bayside will not allow ESCC to play midweek at Chisholm then it's an easy decision. And I agree plenty of clubs with BBQs, play grounds, canteens and the ability to run a good event. So maybe when those clubs make a 20/20 GF then they will have a decent chance of hosting it.

BUCC is not perfect by any stretch but if you are going to take a swipe maybe just be a little more balanced. Uniting did not lobby for the semi to be played at Centenary last week. As Union are in the City of Bayside they had the same council issues as East Sandy did this week. And last year Uniting did not ‘have it moved to Bailey at the last minute’. The council dumped a few truckloads of topsoil on the ground two days early that rendered Centenary unplayable. As already mentioned it was a great effort by all (including Elwood CC) to move the show to Bailey and still put on a decent event but Centenary is a much better venue. And BUCC quite entitled to make a pitch for a home Longy GF. I’m sure if your club finished undefeated on top of the ladder you would have a decent crack at it as well. East Sandy and Brighton Union did it for years and good luck to them. And while we have played 3 or 4 at home so far it evens up in the run home. Swings and roundabouts.

And we hardly need 8 flags in 9 years to be ‘satisfied’. We are happy with where we are at and have been for a long time. Success not always measured in premierships and the ability to ride out some tough years and still put out a good number of senior and junior teams every week is just as satisfying as winning flags but since it has been raised remember that BUCC were the club that managed to break East Sandy’s stunning run of Longy flags back in 06/07 and a have consistently won flags across all grades for many years. Add to that a sustained run of success at U16 level and we are well satisfied, even before the recent run of senior team success, which inevitably will come to an end at some stage. Satisfaction comes in different ways. For some it might be measured by avoiding relegation and staying in the top flight. It might even be the ability to be a little more gracious toward your neighbouring clubs very hard earned and well deserved recent success.

And PP have you not been to Bailey lately? Is not a fully fenced ground. The outfield is horrible (although better than recent years when it was downright dangerous) The playground was ripped out a month ago to accommodate the new car park and the entire area looks like a construction site. Add to that the fact that it is venue of choice for 90% of East Bentleigh’s dog walkers and we are grateful to be playing at Centenary.

Spot on chooka .

Chooka,
You state usual suspects. Please show when I have previously criticized Uniting? I raised a point concerning the assumption that Centenary should automatically host the final without apparently any consideration of alternative venues considering the Juggernaut won their Division. The Mentalist then chipped in with his thoughts which smacked of arrogance. P.P responded with his views as did I pointing out a few fallacies about the Mentalist’s comments. The nappy wearing dribbling excuse of a poster Merlot then added something which is still being translated and should be available sometime next month.Then we have your post:

And I agree plenty of clubs with BBQs, play grounds, canteens and the ability to run a good event. So maybe when those clubs make a 20/20 GF then they will have a decent chance of hosting it.

This is the exact question I asked. Why did the Juggernaut not have the opportunity to host? If the answer is the council will not let them, then it is end of discussion.

And last year Uniting did not ‘have it moved to Bailey at the last minute’. The council dumped a few truckloads of topsoil on the ground two days early that rendered Centenary unplayable.

Yes but the Grand Final was allocated to Centenary and then had to be moved to Bailey. Who made that call?

Success not always measured in premierships and the ability to ride out some tough years and still put out a good number of senior and junior teams every week is just as satisfying aswinning flags but since it has been raised remember that BUCC were the club that managed to break East Sandy’s stunning run of Longy flags back in 06/07 and a have consistently won flags across all grades for many years. Add to that a sustained run of success at U16 level and we are well satisfied, even before the recent run of senior team success, which inevitably will come to an end at some stage. Satisfaction comes in different ways. For some it might be measured by avoiding relegation and staying in the top flight. It might even be the ability to be a little more gracious toward your neighbouring clubs very hard earned and well deserved recent success.

Really? So why has the club spent in excess of 20 grand to procure two very good players if your club was in such good shape? The reality was that Uniting for all their development lacked the players to get to the finals and then take the next step. You only have to look at the woeful effort your Woolnough team put up in the Semi Final last year.

Add to that the fact that it is venue of choice for 90% of East Bentleigh’s dog walkers and we are grateful to be playing at Centenary.
You mean 90% of BUCC players, supporters and Executive Members walk their dogs at Centenary and therefore that is where the game is played.
Interesting Chooka how for many years the BUCC failthful would unmercifully squeal how the Royals, Hoops, Juggernaut and Washups paid for their imports, and what a blight it was on the Association.The boot is on the other foot and good for you, but when the money dries up and you are back to trying to find kids who can play opposition clubs will be quick to remind you that your halcyon days have passed. Amen.

Chooka,

Sorry Clocker, but your losing your touch a bit, probably due to the Mick Sheahan Syndrome.

Clocker listen here, the GF was scheduled at cent yes it was maybe something to do with been more of a central location rather then Elwood and the fact we were the 2 sides in who deserved the rights to host it. Everything that was organized could hardly be shifted long distances to Elwood as it was a chore in itself to set Bailey up.

Its great that you having a crack at our 2ndXI who managed to make it into the too 16 sides in the whole competition, where you see there finals performance as 'woeful', though it was disappointing it was a learning curve they will learn from as they did in there c grade finals exit to go on and qualify into woolnough the final year. It was great having 6 senior teams playing finals which they were apart of.

20k so so far off the mark but believe what you want. Best value for Money the club has spent, it has seen performance rise across the board, impacting bar sales n supporter base which would ended the season off with a net profit and 6 premierships. They will be bucc players for life IMO because only stupid people leave....yes I am.
But I reckon you would struggle to find one single premiership team who has had 11 players start from juniors win a longy premiership, but still 9/11 is pretty good I reckon, but maybe we would not have won longy last year without them but we where not far off clocker but that's here say.
And clocker yes everything was wanted at bucc last year, trophys, hosting rights etc etc, I wanted it, our supporters wanted it n our sponsors, why not grab as much as we can because it won't last for ever. If the club n committee wanted any less I would have been disappointed that they were not fulfilling there role and duty of care, everyone has cried off in the past about other clubs getting Probably what we got, I know I have but it was a matter of perspective from the different side of the fence, glass half full/half empty. But the Money will not dry up for years to come my friend, no one has been paid any the den in my time so I guess lucky the club has been wise and some times even tight ;))

Anyway heading to bed with my views above n not that of bucc

PP- Dear Twenty/20 Clubs,

The CMCA are pleased to advise this years Grand Finalists for the Kookaburra Twenty/20 Cup are:-

Bentleigh Uniting vs ESBC

To be played at Centenary Park, from 5.30pm.

Say no more ?????????? you must be seathing.

Mental, you obviously didn't read my last sentence. And I do believe the word is 'seething'.

Good luck to both teams on Tues. It will be an entertaining game to watch.

Cheers, PP.
a most unusual suspect

Geez Brett now you have done it. We just had Merlot taking his medication and putting up with occasional rant, and now he will run in search of his dentures, make sure his nappy is in place, reach for his walking stick and rush over to his keyboard to start his rant as the spittle drips from the side of his mouth.

Good one Mentalist we were all aware of this since BUCC is after all the power club of the CMCA. I have taken the liberty of
pre empting the CMCA and announcing the Longy draw:
You will notice that the 2nd Semi Final is now a mid week match being held at Centenary Park.After all the power club has the right to watch its prospective grand Final opponent.

SEMI FINALS
10 Mar, 11 Mar(1:00 PM) Centenary Park
8 Mar, 9 Mar(1:00 PM) Centenary Park (4.30-9.00pm) Lights available.
PRELIMINARY FINAL
17 Mar, 18 Mar(1:00 PM) Centenary Park
FINAL
24 Mar, 25 Mar(1:00 PM) Centenary Park
BU Members and sychophants' free.All the rest $10.00
It seems as though a few of you Bentleigh Uniting supporters and sychophants' have been just waiting to unleash your New World Order views. Take a leaf out of the Juggernaut's playbook, since they wrote it. Stay silent and let your performances do the talking. Let's hope your lads don't choke on the night like they did last year.

Clocker listen here, the GF was scheduled at cent yes it was maybe something to do with been more of a central location rather then Elwood and the fact we were the 2 sides in who deserved the rights to host it. Everything that was organized could hardly be shifted long distances to Elwood as it was a chore in itself to set Bailey up.

We had no problems with Bentleligh Uniting hosting the Twenty20 last year, nor the move to Bailley at the last minute. They communicated everything to us and ran a tight ship. Obviously we would have loved to have hosted it but BUCC were logical hosts being more central for the rest of the comp and had an excellent organisational record.

My only gripe was they beat us last year and we let ourselves down this year in not being able to have another crack at them.

Hardly consider my post as harsh?! Simply clarifying the mistruth in your statement. East Sandy have had issues in the past with their licensing hours. There's been a solid crackdown in the Bayside area on this with regular visits from the Department of Justice reps.

With respect to best grounds, I'm obviously a tad bias, but Highett West would have to be considered. We're also currently in talks about having an electronic scoreboard which we would expect to be ready for this season's finals series. Discussions are still in its infancy and there's still a bit to be sorted, but it would be located on the far side of the ground making it an ideal venue for marquee games (i.e. finals).

Constantly bemused by coments of numerous posters about possible venues for finals , so thought I would throw in some facts to balance the discussion.
Fact. If a senior team plays in a Final they have associated costs.
Umpire for 2 days = $220
New Ball = $ 60 Total of $280
How does a club recover that cost? Through their canteen on match day of finals , ... hopefully.

If a club has multiple teams in finals, some do U M, they may be liable for figures like $1000 a finals round, making the returns of the canteen vital in an attempt to recoup some expenses.

If Highett West is so keen to host finals, will they cover the cost of the competing teams and pay for umpires and balls, or will they tender for the honour of hosting the final and reaping the financial rewards?

Makes more sence and seems fairer for the top team, provided their ground is at a suitable standard, to host the final, as a reward for finishing higher and for financial justice and equity.

please consider these facts and observations

I think the focus on this little debate has been lost and has gone off on all sorts of tangents.

The point being made is that BUCC supporters on this forum seem to be of the opinion that BUCC deserve special CMCA preference due to their very recent onfield success and that they run their club extra well.

The word Jealousy has also reared it's ugly head a few times and is usually used by those who have a higher opinion of themselves in comparison to their peers.

In reality, we all know how preference is given to the club's that currently have the ear of the CMCA, usually through on field success at the highest level and committee contacts. It's been happenning for the last 20+ years. That's fine, the current Kings have earned their reign.

Stating these preferences as expected and deserved on a public forum however comes across as slightly distasteful and, unfortunately, that distaste is reflected on the club through association.

In short, pull your heads in.

Timepiece water vessel thimble infatuated lover,

As the bloke in the Castle would say' you are dreaming ' if you think the thimbles were ever silent and it has now been several years since they could add a nought to their achievements.

Take a leaf out of the Juggernaut's playbook, since they wrote it. Stay silent and let your performances do the talking.

Maybe it is you who needs the nappy and tissue to stop the dribble coming out of your mouth.Maybe the thousands of dollars spent on your Grammar school education have been wasted as you are infatuated with your own ego, and you cannot decipher a simple post these days.

Congratulations Brett you have certainly matured of recent times and your piece was both accurate and to the point and summed up the situation quite accurately.

Uncle Mick,
My smypathies if that was someone in your family circle who I believe passed away recently.

Let the games and vigorous debate continue

Merl

Cheers Merl.

sb - I agree entirely with your logic regarding hosting finals. Never have I suggested we deserve them. Simply putting our club forward as an option. Last season's T20 fundraiser and Woolnough finals showed we're capable hosts and the likelihood of an electronic scoreboard has its appeal when showcasing our competition. Still much to be done before it all comes to fruition. I will add however, that we've made easy the logistical nightmare that could've been by housing Union's Longmuir side for season 2011/12. Should the CMCA go neutral I'd like to think we'd be strongly considered. Keep in mind also the GE council are said to be against the idea of making their grounds available for the reserve week should they be required for the GFs. That would effectively rule out Uniting as hosts should they continue on their merry way.

In reality, we all know how preference is given to the club's that currently have the ear of the CMCA, usually through on field success at the highest level and committee contacts. It's been happenning for the last 20+ years. That's fine, the current Kings have earned their reign.

Stating these preferences as expected and deserved on a public forum however comes across as slightly distasteful and, unfortunately, that distaste is reflected on the club through association.

In short, pull your heads in.

Agree

Clocker, please amend my tip from The Golfers to ANA
Longy
ANA
Elwood
Bentleigh Uniting
Carnegie South
Brighton Union
Le Page Park

Wooly
Washington Park
Aspendale Gardens
Hampton United
Bentleigh Uniting
Omega
East Sandringham Boys Club

Re.all the other stuff, Clock, I know you like to fly the flag for the working man/underdog etc but this stuff is cyclical (granted there are only really a handful of clubs in the inner-cycle) but as has been stated Union & East and to a lesser degree Mackie and Uniting got every advantage available in periods where they were particularly powerful. This happened because a) they were successful for long periods b) they had fine grounds and facilities c)they had club cultures where more than 2-3 people made telling contributions to the running of the club d) they had influence at executive level (this is not to say they got favoured, they just had a strong voice and so were likely to get some calls go their way).
The transfer of last years T20 was a fine piece of work which all concerned were roundly congratulated for, good to hear the positivity from chief Beach Boy Wilson although should have expected the peace/love thing from him being part of the flower power era.
Agree with Chooka wholeheartedly that success is not always measured in premierships alone. It takes a bunch of clubs to make a competition and they all have their own measures of success I guess. My old mob Hampton United are currently struggling (actually we have always struggled pretty much) but there was only one season in my time there where we were legitimately capable (realistically and in hindsight) of playing Longy finals and we screwed up 2 games at the end of the season and finished 7-4 in 5th but we had other seasons where 4-5 wins was a pretty good achievement with ordinary stock and we always had a happy, friendly club and I enjoyed playing with every bloke I played with there. Sport at any level is not "win at any cost" and if that attitude brands me a loser in some eyes, I'll live with it.
Fair comment from the Straight Bat and I think UM's mob would be open to some revenue sharing. They are not Collingwood or Carlton.
Mentalist seems to have been misinterpreted a couple of times to me.
Brett, good to hear from you.
Well said Mr.Parker, healthy chat & debate not "slag-off city".

We are due some decent weather this weekend surely!!

All good gents. Nothing like a little bit friendly discourse to fire up everyone before tomorrow. Warner out last ball before lunch. Just marginally better than being dismissed last ball of the day and having the whole week to ponder the shot or lack thereof as you tend to square leg or drinks duties. Cruel game cricket.

All good gents. Nothing like a little bit friendly discourse to fire up everyone before tomorrow. Warner out last ball before lunch. Just marginally better than being dismissed last ball of the day and having the whole week to ponder the shot or lack thereof as you tend to square leg or drinks duties. Cruel game cricket.

Pity they can bowl short at you and they have 3 slips in test matches isn't it David.
Pick someone with an openers teqnique please!! It's alright every 8 tests when you get away to 0/120 after 20 overs but what about the other 7 tests where you are 2/10

Um where do you suggest we get them from Homer J. ??
Agree Warner is not the answer, but who is.. Most of the modern day players tecnique is flawed IMO, (only Khawaja is the fairly correct from what i see & has been for the last 10 years) & they refuse to pick players over 30

with such a wealth of talent Aus wide, i dont see why they just can't pick the best team available, regardless of age.. if you have a deep talent pool ( which i think most will agree we do) it wont matter.. the aim is to field your best avaialble team for the next match, (unlike footy where physique/ body shape/ natural aging etc.. come into it) cricketeres have been proven to last until 35-37...

I think Klinger would be an option, but he has never got a look in.. when he's hot he dominates, he's hot now, get him in!!
hodgey couls still play T20/ & One dayers...

was it a good days test, I boycotted Aussie cricket when the made that F@#$-wit captain, worst decision in Australian sport so mainly watch state cricket... Bring on the big bash (or Clarke get hit by a bus, PS- bus driver then reverse back over the flog for me) , it's killing me not watching a share on the box!!

Lot of debate over a T20 game for what it's worth, seems fairly simple to me.. 1 of the competing teams should host it, if ESBC can't= Easy decision??!!

yeah it can be sunny now on Sat's, now the carnival has finished .. He, He !!

Back