City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

You know what clocker if someone said that then its very poor. Every one has a opinion right or wrong, does not mean one opinion accounts for the majority, let's be honest love or hate bucc that's your own choice, but let's encourage anything n everything that shows Victoria the cmca is up there with the best. I have akways suspected where not far off but this is the closes indication yet, as a Longmont player wouldn't you want to know your playing the best standard of cricket below district in Victoria!?? Well unless we win such tournaments we have nothing to support this?? More cmca success brings better players n more word of mouth, I for one admit ashamedly when the juggernaut won through to play Springvale south in the same comp after we won Longmuir supported ESBBC to thR hilt, put your bitterness to thR side n support the league you play hard in.....

but let's encourage anything n everything that shows Victoria the cmca is up there with the best. I have akways suspected where not far off but this is the closes indication yet, as a Longmont player wouldn't you want to know your playing the best standard of cricket below district in Victoria!?? Well unless we win such tournaments we have nothing to support this?? More cmca success brings better players n more word of mouth, I for one admit ashamedly when the juggernaut won through to play Springvale south in the same comp after we won Longmuir supported ESBBC to thR hilt, put your bitterness to thR side n support the league you play hard in.....

Most competitions that play on turf will dismiss the CMCA outright, regardless of the talent within, due to the fact that the CMCA play on flat track concrete/carpet runways. So, if you're talking about the CMCA trying to be taken seriously by the District comp, you've got to be kidding yourself.

Sure, every club has sent some kids with the talent to try out at district level (with great results for the CMCA recently), but I highly doubt the CMCA would ever be taken seriously as some sort of feeder comp into District, solely because the skills that you need to cater for pitch variation isn't developed at all.

Plus, I'm sure the old contempt for non turf competitions is still well ingrained in every turf comp - ie CMCA viewed as 'kiddy cricket' due to the concrete/carpet pitches.

Happy New Year all.

Sorry Clocker, been absent due to XMas/New Year festivities and interstate holidays (and after we lost to Centrals in Round 6 I went a little ostrich).

Great work Uniting on beating Buckley. A great endorsement for the CMCA.

My CMCA tipping has gone the same way as my personal cricketing form. Come on 2012!

Oh, and:
Brighton Union v Elwood :D
Le Page Park v Kingston Heath
West Bentleigh v Bentleigh ANA
Hampton Central v East Sandringham Boys Club
Mackie v Bentleigh Uniting
Chelsea Heights v Carnegie South

With only 4 games remaining the race for the 4 finals spots looks like it could come down to the wire in the two top grades.

In longmuir it looks as though BU and East Sandy will fill the top 2 spots, whilst 3rd and 4th looks likely to be contested by 4 teams Carnegie Sth, Kingston Heath, Mackie and Le Page. Le Page would most likely need to win all 4 games to ensure a position. For me Carnegie and Mackie will fill the last 2 remaining spots. Would be interested to hear how everyone else precieves the season panning out.

In Woolnough 5 teams seem to have skipped away with 1 point seperating 1st from 5th. Moorabbin West, Washington Park, Omega, Aspendale Gardens and Bentleigh Uniting all in the mix, once again a credit to the strength of Uniting. Some big games to be played in the remaining 4 rounds with a number of games involving 2 of the top 5 sides against each other. Ill put my neck out on the line and suggest it will be Washington Park and Aspendale Gardens filling the top 2 spots and Omega and Uniting to round out the 4 with Moorabbin West to miss, but with the tightness up the top of the table any one of the top 5 could be the unlucky one.

Without knowing too much about Quiney Shield it looks as though the Wash Ups and Wanderers seem to be the pace setters, could be a couple of nervous Woolnough sides hoping Wanderers can't go all the way and earn promotion.

Be great to hear some other views on who will contest the finals this season.

Bu and esbcc will fill top 2 spots in longy whilst 3 and 4 is up for grabs i reckon carnegie and le page 3-4 .

Wash up,uniting,omega and moorabbin west all have to play eachother whilst aspendale gardens play the bottom 4 teams to finish off the year. my peediction is wash up,aspendale gardens,omega,bu.

Just keep writing us off guys just like the start of the season.

Last I looked we're sitting on top.

Very big weekend in Wooly coming up with Uniting playing Washups and ourselves playing Omega.

I'm expecting Uniting to miss just because their bowling is a little light on.

Hey Uncle Mick,
You have a lot to say about other clubs and and players but i see you have found the courage to play "I" grade against a 5th X1 full of old men and kids. Pity you have continually let your 1st X1 down by not playing or playing lower grades when Highett West are forever battling against relegation.
We will wait and see where you are selected this week, maybe a promotion to the 2nds

Our I Grade side had a no show and we had no one to help out, so I went down and played (hence batting at 6 or 7). Find out next week when I'm having surgery on a pre-Christmas ankle injury, but I will take it on board how much I'm letting the club down. Cheers for the reality check.

You know what clocker if someone said that then its very poor. Every one has a opinion right or wrong, does not mean one opinion accounts for the majority, let's be honest love or hate bucc that's your own choice, but let's encourage anything n everything that shows Victoria the cmca is up there with the best. I have akways suspected where not far off but this is the closes indication yet, as a Longmont player wouldn't you want to know your playing the best standard of cricket below district in Victoria!?? Well unless we win such tournaments we have nothing to support this?? More cmca success brings better players n more word of mouth, I for one admit ashamedly when the juggernaut won through to play Springvale south in the same comp after we won Longmuir supported ESBBC to thR hilt, put your bitterness to thR side n support the league you play hard in.....

Brett,
What a pity it took someone who is living and working in the UK to announce the triumph and good on you for taking the initiative.
I am not in the habit of making up stories as you intimated and if that is the school of thinking down at BUCC then so be it. A little common courtesy is not much to ask since they are representing the Association. This is where a proactive Executive would be organizing another spread for the Standard and get it around to anyone who is prepared to listen and actually sticks it up some of the so called elite turf competitions. But then again it’s all a bit too hard. Let’s get back to the 2.00 pm start time issue, or what color runners players should be wearing; much more important issues in the scheme of things.

Hey Uncle Mick,
You have a lot to say about other clubs and and players but i see you have found the courage to play "I" grade against a 5th X1 full of old men and kids. Pity you have continually let your 1st X1 down by not playing or playing lower grades when Highett West are forever battling against relegation.
We will wait and see where you are selected this week, maybe a promotion to the 2nds

Holy cow, I think that Unc has made a telling enough contribution to HW that he can hardly be accused of letting them down at any stage or of taking the soft option. A pity your first post on here had to be a sledge at someone!!
Re.BUCC, a great effort and one hopes they do realise that others are interested in their efforts outside CMCA. I got 2 calls on Sunday asking if I knew where they were playing but I didn't even know that they were playing at all. They are fantastic about advising about player milestones such as Peter Milner who played his 400th on Saturday. Quality competitor, quality fella.

Good luck to monkey his a real solid bloke known him for along time growing up in east bentleigh. Never changed over all the years and still a good player at his age. The 2pm start will have to be put to bed talking to most clubs they didnt like the idea.A little birdie tells me alls not well at commonwealth bank park with a few of the old stagers whose career had a line put through it by coach Lalor when he arrived last year. Watch at season end movement is on the cards for some

Holy cow, I think that Unc has made a telling enough contribution to HW that he can hardly be accused of letting them down at any stage or of taking the soft option. A pity your first post on here had to be a sledge at someone!!
Re.BUCC, a great effort and one hopes they do realise that others are interested in their efforts outside CMCA. I got 2 calls on Sunday asking if I knew where they were playing but I didn't even know that they were playing at all. They are fantastic about advising about player milestones such as Peter Milner who played his 400th on Saturday. Quality competitor, quality fella.
Probably a bit harsh when i said he is letting his club down but the main issue is players going down from Woolnough to "I" grade (has done it more than once) and ruining the game for the opposition who put players on the park to enjoy a game at their own standard. As you can see by the scores it was the only reason H.W won.

Fair point, but it should be noted I didn't play last round and I had no intention of playing again this season, however the club continues to find itself in positions like this every week. On 2 occasions this season I've played Woolnough cos we were short across the grades & I was fit enough play Woolnough. The difference on Saturday was simply a case of one player not turning up or letting anyone know therefore we weren't aware we were short until after play had started.
If you ask Le Page you'll find I basically stood at one end and bowled off one step. I understood what I was doing which is why I made a point of chatting to the Le Page juniors to not only encourage the kids, but pass experience they probably wouldn't normally get on a Saturday arvo. I realise none of this justifies someone with my experience ruining a good game, however you'll find the result came down to the last ball which in reality made it an exciting and entertaining game.
No mention of the kid that made 78 who's been playing E Grade all season til Saturday??? He hit the ball as clean as I've seen in a long time. Like us, Le Page had to ring around to field a side.
Probably best to move on, CC. No point being bitter about an outcome that wasn't deliberately set out by club or individual.

Monkey is a legend all time great all round nice guy.
Hopefully the match to determine passage into the MCG is well advertised. Re unhappy players, never known one club in my whole life to not have disgruntled players for either playing too high or too low. I am sure Uncle would rather have players not happy playing lower or higher then to be short for numbers n playing inj players.
So let's be realistic here!!

An excellent update from Bentleigh Uniting CC, I am sure everybody hopes they can get over the line in their Semi.

"Bentleigh Uniting have been playing in the State wide Cricket Victoria 20 Twenty comp.
We have defeated VTCA Champs McKinnon and Mercantile Champs Coles Sharks and on Sunday we played the Dandenong Champions, Buckley Ridges at their home ground. Their record of late is extremely good, one of the top teams in the Dandenong comp and have been smashing everyone of late in 20 Twenty, winning through to the final round I believe the last 3 years in this comp, They are a strong team with a number of overseas import players so we were not overly confident venturing out to their unique oval, especially as Ash Russell, one of our "guns", was unavailable to play.
They batted first, we contained them early and at one stage had them 5 for 72 but a 103 run partnership with some big hits saw them amass 7 for 179.
Chubba the best of the bowlers with one for 23 off 4 and Andy Middlemiss 2 for 33. Bas Zaia 2 for 29 off 3.
We struggled to get any decent partnerships going as wickets fell every 20 or so runs, Chris Richards got 21 but no other bat got double figures, the one constant was our skipper Glenn Lalor who came in at first drop when the score was 6. It came down to us needing 36 off the last 2 overs. Glenn facing the spinner hit the first 3 balls over cover boundary for 6 then the quicker ball pulled to the midwicket boundary for 4, a two and a single made 25 off the over.
Their NZ quick bowled the last over, a first ball attempted yorker was flicked over mid wicket boundary for a six by Lalor and the crowd was hushed , some quick running off the remaining balls by Glenn and young Bas Zaia saw us home with one ball to spare and 7 wickets down.
The Uniting players and crowd erupted and it is fair to say the Buckley Ridges mob were in shock. Glenn Lalor finished unbeaten on 114, one of the best knocks you get ever see.

We have one more game to win to get onto the MCG for the Grand Final on February 26th, we play either Jacana or West Newport , proposed date is Sunday 5th Feb venue to be announced."

Just a reminder that the Moorabbin West Cricket Club Gentleman's night is this Saturday night the 14th January at the club rooms starting at 7.30pm. Cost is $30 includes 4 shows and finger food drink specials through out the night..

Back