Cmca 2012/13

What a weekend of cricket, some real tight conclusions with a couple of clubs shattered to go out in straight sets, the absence of ESBC unusually for March turned all the focus onto BUCC as they've secured a remarkable feat of there ones, twos and threes all into the big dance in the top three grades.

What a tight and tense finish at Packer yesterday, Lee almost bringing it home for Ana, but the Redbacks disciplined outfit getting it done, congrats to Bruce on a remarkable effort and commiserations to Biggsy and the boys on a great year.

Now a lot of whispers about the incident day one at Mackie, we all could do with club representatives from both clubs to make a statement before the spot fires escalate.

I heard it may have been West Coach from last year causing trouble, word is that Greg Bris had his face rammed into the scorers table, the same bloke pushed Neil Lockhart off his chair, the same bloke struck a Uniting junior and the same bloke was involved in a few cut lunches after he laid a head but on an Uniting player, resulting in the tool in question with Claret streaming from a head wound and a ripped shirt and the Uniting man (a regular on here, who has returned) sporting a fat lip.

Sounds like this West guy should be banned and deserved his right whack, but why was he not sent packing after the first incident?

Anyway sounded like a ripping finish to that Woolnough game, next week will be a cracker.

What a weekend of cricket, some real tight conclusions with a couple of clubs shattered to go out in straight sets, the absence of ESBC unusually for March turned all the focus onto BUCC as they've secured a remarkable feat of there ones, twos and threes all into the big dance in the top three grades.

What a tight and tense finish at Packer yesterday, Lee almost bringing it home for Ana, but the Redbacks disciplined outfit getting it done, congrats to Bruce on a remarkable effort and commiserations to Biggsy and the boys on a great year.

Now a lot of whispers about the incident day one at Mackie, we all could do with club representatives from both clubs to make a statement before the spot fires escalate.

I heard it may have been West Coach from last year causing trouble, word is that Greg Bris had his face rammed into the scorers table, the same bloke pushed Neil Lockhart off his chair, the same bloke struck a Uniting junior and the same bloke was involved in a few cut lunches after he laid a head but on an Uniting player, resulting in the tool in question with Claret streaming from a head wound and a ripped shirt and the Uniting man (a regular on here, who has returned) sporting a fat lip.

Sounds like this West guy should be banned and deserved his right whack, but why was he not sent packing after the first incident?

Anyway sounded like a ripping finish to that Woolnough game, next week will be a cracker.

NL - Won't repeat myself but see previous page for an account of the game and the incident.

The quality of the cricket should be the focus as it was a ripper game. Score line does not do justice to how tight this was. Several times MW looked out of it but a great knock by Schrier and some suburb late inning hitting from Cross saw them post a competitive score. BUCC bats dug in but found the going tough against a disciplined bowling unit. Was neck and neck all day. Good hard cricket with plenty of needle and when C. Manakis was out West might have even had their nose in front. However a brilliant knock under pressure from Cleary got the BUCC home with a few overs to spare.

However what happened late on day one needs some comment. An absolutely shameful effort from this individual who has form for this type of thing. At the time I thought it was poor effort by other by MW supporters not do more to control this clown but to be fair he was out of control and would likely turn on them. Finally someone did drag him away and credit to him.

Started as an unprovoked attack on a club and CMCA legend that as usual was acting in a volunteer capacity as a scorer. He then assaulted a 15 year kid. And a small 15 year old at that. Made multiple attempts to engage others but in going for the trifecta head butted someone who was neither a pensioner nor a child. Thug lost big time and was sat fair on his ar$e. That was just the start of it with threats of violence and retribution against anyone and everyone.

Remember this is public park used by local residents not just cricketers. There is a kids playground, BBQs, walking track and tennis and bowling clubs nearby. A poor advertisement for the CMCA. I hope club and competition take a stand and send a message that this type of crap is just not on.

Game at Packer must have been an absolute beauty and credit to both sides. Gutsy effort from ANA to almost pinch it. Plenty of needle in that one to I hear. News reached Mackie Road that South was cruising a but a couple of “questionable” LBW calls turned the ga

Will the CMCA act swiftly on this? Some serious concerns about the Association.
Our coach got a tip off from a CMCA Exec to investigate a player competing in I Grade over the weekend. According to MyCricket stats this player wasn't qualified to take part. Further investigation discovers that Hellenic still hadn't updated scores from Rd.10. Are the powers that be really this inept to allow scores from 3 rounds ago to still be incomplete?
Jungle drums are beating that the incidents of the weekend won't be heard until after the GF. If true, then there needs to be swift action for change at the top. These inconsistencies are unacceptable. The CMCA needs to be proactive in its role in the community. A junior being assaulted is completely unacceptable. Given there was a build up to this incident, where were the CMCA representatives? Some of the onus needs to go on the club, but ultimately the CMCA are responsible for their brand and the weekend's incident is a damning indictment on the Association.
Perhaps it's time we employed security? It will have a two-fold effect stamping out BYO & hopefully avoid unnecessary incidents like Saturday and the now infamous West Bent vs ESBC spectator brawl. It's worth the expense to have security present to avoid both incidents even if they are 10yrs apart. Extreme heat, booze and the emotion of finals cricket. Doesn't take Einstein to work out the potential hazards.
And what of the incident post the junior being assaulted? What example are we setting if we condone those actions which I'm led to believe were in retaliation to the kid getting assaulted. Kudos for sticking up for him, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Last of all, how has Le Page gone from the premier ground in the comp to hosting the 6th grade? Using the best available ground policy, surely it would make sense to play one of Uniting's top 3 sides next to their 5ths? Can't understand the logic in any of this.

I wish when incidents are explained on here all the facts would come out .Although the wrong thing was done at Mackie on Saturday . Do we know what started it , no you dont obviously a innocent volunteer NO the person who started it was held when he was punched the blood was from his sunglasses breaking
. If we are going to gob off lets get the stories straight . Im sure MWCC are not happy with what happened and will sanction the player involved and im sure they dont condone what happened , but lets get some of the story right . If you dont what or why it happened dont comment

Maggie I am bemused how you can defend this individual, I've heard from a number of sources the man in question A) physically handled a scorer B) pushed over the Chelsea Heights Pres C) punched a 15 year old from a opposing team D) head butted a opposition player........are you saying all these incidents are false or didn't happen? Who cares if the sunglasses cut him open or he was held.

Uncle Mick, I find it hard to disagree with any of your last post on all matters, but take stock this is one individual who appears to have ruined it for the rest and must be severly punished.

Barring a Gastric outbreak at Centenary Park Uniting will absolutely romp in the Longmuir Grand Final.
Leroy is going to have a game on his hands and the Cowboys will be praying for a Uniting win. This is going to be a very good match. Two hard fought wins for Uniting will hold them in good stead and I am tipping them to make it a very big night at Centenary next Sunday.

I've never been one to wish ill luck on anybody, but for a Longy premiership I'll have to make an exception. Here's to a massive gastric outbreak at Centenary Park! Grastric or not, it should be a cracking game judging from the home and away clash (well half of one anyway). Bruce will be working on the game plan 24/7 and should have the boys ready for the fight of their lives.

Talking about fighting, just a comment to UM suggestion about security at finals. I think it would be a very sad day if the CMCA find that they need to employ security to keep the random dickheads under control. In my opinion, the responsibility should lie at the feet of the club that the offender(s) is associated with. Get them under control quickly and sanction them heavily.

Great game at Packer last weekend with emotions riding as high as the stakes. It was a classic nailbiter and any game that relies on Patchy Adams scoring the winning runs obviously hasn't run to script! Massive effort from Dolman who is a powerhouse of a bowler and just gave everything he had all day and almost won the game on his own shoulders.

Next weekend has been a very long, long time coming for the Spiders and I can't wait to watch it all unfold.

Having watched a lot of games as a "cricket fan" ...really think it is time that the CMCA took a stand and got rid of alcohol altogether...wait until the game is over ...works in the ammos and other comps..surely adults don't need to drink to enjoy watching this game and supporting their club ....the finals series really are a tense time for all involved and all this stuff on the sidelines just takes away from what should be the best cricket of the season.

"Bar Sales" and the financial aspect are a crock...we all know most of them bring their own grog cause they can't be bothered walking to the bar...these "supporters" really impinge on others enjoyment of the game as the more they drink the louder and more obnoxius they become...

All teams that make the finals should be congratulated and supported....Would be really nice to see people acknowledge this fact, rather than sledge into players via a website...leave the sledging on the field ...let the players play and everyone, young and old can really sit back and watch some great games and some really great sportsmanship.

Having watched a lot of games as a "cricket fan" ...really think it is time that the CMCA took a stand and got rid of alcohol altogether...wait until the game is over ...works in the ammos and other comps..surely adults don't need to drink to enjoy watching this game and supporting their club ....the finals series really are a tense time for all involved and all this stuff on the sidelines just takes away from what should be the best cricket of the season.

"Bar Sales" and the financial aspect are a crock...we all know most of them bring their own grog cause they can't be bothered walking to the bar...these "supporters" really impinge on others enjoyment of the game as the more they drink the louder and more obnoxius they become...

All teams that make the finals should be congratulated and supported....Would be really nice to see people acknowledge this fact, rather than sledge into players via a website...leave the sledging on the field ...let the players play and everyone, young and old can really sit back and watch some great games and some really great sportsmanship.

Down at Elwood, the ones players put about $700 over the bar watching the fourths in their final.. Just because a couple of absolute flogs muck up, the rest shouldn't be tarnished with the same brush.. A lot of clubs make a lot of money across the bar especially during finals..

Maggie I am bemused how you can defend this individual, I've heard from a number of sources the man in question A) physically handled a scorer B) pushed over the Chelsea Heights Pres C) punched a 15 year old from a opposing team D) head butted a opposition player........are you saying all these incidents are false or didn't happen? Who cares if the sunglasses cut him open or he was held.

Uncle Mick, I find it hard to disagree with any of your last post on all matters, but take stock this is one individual who appears to have ruined it for the rest and must be severly punished.
Mate im not sticking up for anybody but unless you were there or next to it when it happened you dont know what was said to start it all not defending what happened just bemuse as you put it that all the facts arent on here

As an independent spectator with no association to either club, I choose to remind followers that we must deal with facts only. I did, unfortunately, find myself in close proximity to the incident as it unfolded and can assure you that this was definitely not unprovoked.

I make no excuse for physical contact between people at a public park, but one must be held accountable for their own actions, whether physical or verbal. If Brisbane claims to have not provoked the subsequent action, he needs to have a real good look at himself. As for the junior player, when he approaches an adult (after the initial incident had cooled) and in a threatening manner along with verbal abuse, one must question who in fact reignited this volatile situation. I was witness to MW spectators relocating to a different part of the ground, only to be set upon by Uniting players/spectators, again refuelling the whole incident.

Disgusting display of behaviour by all involved, just make sure we acknowledge that those pretending to be all innocent are far from it. Ban the MW guy but remember do these Uniting players deserve the right to be playing finals next week after their input?

Facts are all involved should receive a penalty, will CMCA do the right thing?

The quality of the cricket should be the focus as it was a ripper game. Score line does not do justice to how tight this was. Several times MW looked out of it but a great knock by Schrier and some suburb late inning hitting from Cross saw them post a competitive score. BUCC bats dug in but found the going tough against a disciplined bowling unit. Was neck and neck all day. Good hard cricket with plenty of needle and when C. Manakis was out West might have even had their nose in front. However a brilliant knock under pressure from Cleary got the BUCC home with a few overs to spare.

However what happened late on day one needs some comment. An absolutely shameful effort from this individual who has form for this type of thing. At the time I thought it was poor effort by other by MW supporters not do more to control this clown but to be fair he was out of control and would likely turn on them. Finally someone did drag him away and credit to him.

Started as an unprovoked attack on a club and CMCA legend that as usual was acting in a volunteer capacity as a scorer. He then assaulted a 15 year kid. And a small 15 year old at that. Made multiple attempts to engage others but in going for the trifecta head butted someone who was neither a pensioner nor a child. Thug lost big time and was sat fair on his ar$e. That was just the start of it with threats of violence and retribution against anyone and everyone.

Remember this is public park used by local residents not just cricketers. There is a kids playground, BBQs, walking track and tennis and bowling clubs nearby. A poor advertisement for the CMCA. I hope club and competition take a stand and send a message that this type of crap is just not on.

Game at Packer must have been an absolute beauty and credit to both sides. Gutsy effort from ANA to almost pinch it. Plenty of needle in that one to I hear. News reached Mackie Road that South was cruising a but a couple of “questionable” LBW calls turned the game?
Mate you obviously werent there when this incident happened unless you were drinking to much BYO as well because A) he bought all of his drinks over the bar at Mackie B) he wasnt sat on his backside . C) The 15 year old is 17 . D) He was provoked . E ) he only threaten retribution to the bloke who hit whilst being held . F ) More than 1 MWCC supporter was helping contain it in fact 4 or 5 . G) The head butt did not connect . So obviously you were there and saw the whole thing . GET THE FACTS RIGHT .

Down at Elwood, the ones players put about $700 over the bar watching the fourths in their final.. Just because a couple of absolute flogs muck up, the rest shouldn't be tarnished with the same brush.. A lot of clubs make a lot of money across the bar especially during finals..
Rdh that's a fair session $700 at $4 a can is 175 cans. Great work rdh. Would have been a fair viewing day to down by the beach. Heard some rumours that there are some nervous boys down at Bucc after what happened at mackie off the field. Will they be allowed to play in the grand final or will the cmca suspend them. Rumours are strong and some of Bucc finest players will be having a restless week to find out if allowed to play? Any truth to these rumours?

Why didn't the Moorabbin west club remove him from the ground after the first incident ,the 15 year old kid or 17 year old was still assaulted and even if head butt didn't connect that guy was still assaultedMaybe after assaulting 4 people in one day it might be time to go home .Great leadership by MW in controlling last years coach ,sounds like the day release program has gone wrong .Also there was a female member of the cmca exec from that club who just washed her hands of the incidents .

Rdh that's a fair session $700 at $4 a can is 175 cans. Great work rdh. Would have been a fair viewing day to down by the beach. Heard some rumours that there are some nervous boys down at Bucc after what happened at mackie off the field. Will they be allowed to play in the grand final or will the cmca suspend them. Rumours are strong and some of Bucc finest players will be having a restless week to find out if allowed to play? Any truth to these rumours?

It was a very big day, kind of the equivalent of a Mad Monday for us, the boys dressed up, drinking games.. etc.. support our 4's.. had a cracking day, better to do it at the club and put the money back over the bar and support the club you play for.

Why didn't the Moorabbin west club remove him from the ground after the first incident ,the 15 year old kid or 17 year old was still assaulted and even if head butt didn't connect that guy was still assaultedMaybe after assaulting 4 people in one day it might be time to go home .Great leadership by MW in controlling last years coach ,sounds like the day release program has gone wrong .Also there was a female member of the cmca exec from that club who just washed her hands of the incidents .

Mate you just slandered 2 people with your obvious lack of knowledge over the incident. Deal in facts only, and if you don't know them, refrain from making any comments.

I maintain that we deal with facts only, there were 2 cameras that i saw taking photos of these incidents. Identify ALL players/spectators from both clubs involved and have them dealt with accordingly, and if that includes missing a granny, bad luck boys. Think before you incite, think before you attack and think before you continue on the childish behavior, YES both clubs. Don't spread rumours, move swiftly with your penalties CMCA.

Bad to see the weekend buzz full of negative talk about violence in the stands.
Absolutely disgraceful to all involved. I hope that its all sorted quickly so this weekend can be about cricket considering thats why we are here.

My hat is off to the ana boys, great game and they should be proud of the year they had.
And if 6 straight 5fas didnt put brad dolman in best player status his efforts over the weekend showed that he is as good as anyone in the comp.
Apart from a few on field and off field comments that didn't need to be said it was a great contest that nearly killed brucey. Ill admit farmer was looking average too.

I hope everyone is sleeping better than I am this week, as much as im looking forward to the challange I'd be lying to say im not nervous.

Best of luck to all granny teams, lets hope for good weather and zero pissed morons.

Glad you enjoyed the weekend nice, whoever you are.

Back