Cmca 2012/13

It's very easy to have a crack at MWCC as a club based on the limited information being released. Let's remember that BUCC are competitors in the truest nature. They don't mind getting involved in battles, even if it's just verbal, so to suggest that they did absolutely nothing to provoke the situation is a bit naive. Absolutely stamp out anyone who takes it to a physical sense. But when the CMCA President is a bit coy on sharing information on Sunday, he also knows that it's not so black & white.

Back on field, couldn't be prouder of the ANA boys for their efforts on Sunday. In the end we needed someone else other than Biggs & Dolman to stand up and make a name for themself. That opportunity was missed.

It's very easy to have a crack at MWCC as a club based on the limited information being released. Let's remember that BUCC are competitors in the truest nature. They don't mind getting involved in battles, even if it's just verbal, so to suggest that they did absolutely nothing to provoke the situation is a bit naive. Absolutely stamp out anyone who takes it to a physical sense. But when the CMCA President is a bit coy on sharing information on Sunday, he also knows that it's not so black & white.

Back on field, couldn't be prouder of the ANA boys for their efforts on Sunday. In the end we needed someone else other than Biggs & Dolman to stand up and make a name for themself. That opportunity was missed.
Hi Sugar
If its information sharing time, can you inform us on what happened at Packer?
Have been informed of a number of reports, White? Biggs? Can you confirm.
But more disturbing is that the whole club, ANA, has been reported for crowd behaviour mainly involving an umpire being verbally abused by a spectator?
Not being there has not stopped you passing judgement on other clubs so please share this info with us all.
ANA has some excellent people involved but a couple of nuts can tarnish your "good ? " name.

As an independent spectator with no association to either club, I choose to remind followers that we must deal with facts only. I did, unfortunately, find myself in close proximity to the incident as it unfolded and can assure you that this was definitely not unprovoked.

I make no excuse for physical contact between people at a public park, but one must be held accountable for their own actions, whether physical or verbal. If Brisbane claims to have not provoked the subsequent action, he needs to have a real good look at himself. As for the junior player, when he approaches an adult (after the initial incident had cooled) and in a threatening manner along with verbal abuse, one must question who in fact reignited this volatile situation. I was witness to MW spectators relocating to a different part of the ground, only to be set upon by Uniting players/spectators, again refuelling the whole incident.

Disgusting display of behaviour by all involved, just make sure we acknowledge that those pretending to be all innocent are far from it. Ban the MW guy but remember do these Uniting players deserve the right to be playing finals next week after their input?

Facts are all involved should receive a penalty, will CMCA do the right thing?
You flog
You saw all three assaults and did nothing?
obviously you know of this guys past reputation for violence.
Did you also witness the threats made by the dill in question to return and shoot everybody ?
CMCA will listen to the facts and make a considered decision.
You are a tosser

Steve? don't think i've bowled to you that much, my best ever ball was the wrongun through bat and pad to Czosnek last season.

Yeah not heaps mate... yeah i was at the non strikers end for that ball and it's one of the best balls I've ever seen!
Shane Keith would have been happy with that.
Congrats on another great season!

Yeah not heaps mate... yeah i was at the non strikers end for that ball and it's one of the best balls I've ever seen!
Shane Keith would have been happy with that.
Congrats on another great season!

Cheers mate! They came out pretty decent this year, shoulder was no good for the last half of the season.. Special thanks to Voltaren and Celebrex for getting me through, looking forward to 6 months off!

Hopefully we'll see a full season out of you injury free, no doubt back to your devastating best! Can bat! ;)
Looking good, just cruising through Chaddy with the missus.. hopefully didn't drag you into too many chicks stores!

Bad to see the weekend buzz full of negative talk about violence in the stands.
Absolutely disgraceful to all involved. I hope that its all sorted quickly so this weekend can be about cricket considering thats why we are here.

My hat is off to the ana boys, great game and they should be proud of the year they had.
And if 6 straight 5fas didnt put brad dolman in best player status his efforts over the weekend showed that he is as good as anyone in the comp.
Apart from a few on field and off field comments that didn't need to be said it was a great contest that nearly killed brucey. Ill admit farmer was looking average too.

I hope everyone is sleeping better than I am this week, as much as im looking forward to the challange I'd be lying to say im not nervous.

Best of luck to all granny teams, lets hope for good weather and zero pissed morons.

Glad you enjoyed the weekend nice, whoever you are.
Thanks captain who. Was a nice game of cricket, I was there watching your spiders beat ana. Just reading threw some things how can sugar talk about other clubs when from what I have heard that ana Vice President gave the spiders pom bat a verbal dressing while he was getting his pad on.( great leadership).spiders would have thanked ana Vice President after game as I think he scored 48(game high). If its true also sugars ana as a club have been reported then it would not be hard to find the people involved as bentleigh ana only had about 15 supporters. As I have said some of the uniting players would be nervous of missing the grand final because if now there photos then the cmca execs have to do something. I think it will be done after the gf because we all no who the cmca president follows??????

Cheers mate! They came out pretty decent this year, shoulder was no good for the last half of the season.. Special thanks to Voltaren and Celebrex for getting me through, looking forward to 6 months off!

Hopefully we'll see a full season out of you injury free, no doubt back to your devastating best! Can bat! ;)
Looking good, just cruising through Chaddy with the missus.. hopefully didn't drag you into too many chicks stores!

Maybe thank the Voltaren in your acceptance speech on Wed night? Back to back??
A full season would be good, missed large parts of the season in 3 of the last 5 years from shoulder injuries, so fingers crossed.

Haha nah no chicks stores mate but i did notice you wearing a trucker hat...... see if we can make that a Big Dogg trucker hat soon....

Rdh and dr squeak lot of man love between u to. You two men play I think in Longmuir sides should the uniting players who involved in the altercation be worried about missing the grand final? It mite be playing on there minds that they could miss a granny. Your thoughts.

Straight Bat,

I can clarify your "speculation" with facts.

1. Things were heated in the middle, as you'd expect with a tight game. A warning was given to a player & subsequently Biggs as captain, but no official reports on the day (no one should have an issue with tough talk on the field). 2. Also, no correspondance between CMCA & ANA re club report rumours, so you can put that one to bed too.

Of course we all back our own clubs, but you're drawing a very long bow comparing this to the physical altercations that occurred between drunken spectators from MWCC & BUCC.

Maybe thank the Voltaren in your acceptance speech on Wed night? Back to back??
A full season would be good, missed large parts of the season in 3 of the last 5 years from shoulder injuries, so fingers crossed.

Haha nah no chicks stores mate but i did notice you wearing a trucker hat...... see if we can make that a Big Dogg trucker hat soon....

Naaa think i'd have to be very lucky this year.. Dolman, Daylight, Richards and then maybe me..

Yeah, Le Page needs you fit and firing!

Haha, i am partial to a trucker hat! Happy to get my Big Dogg on!

Rdh and dr squeak lot of man love between u to. You two men play I think in Longmuir sides should the uniting players who involved in the altercation be worried about missing the grand final? It mite be playing on there minds that they could miss a granny. Your thoughts.

If any player has instigated or been invovled in any type of violence at another CMCA sanctioned match and there is sufficient evidence, should be suspended and a lengthy one at that..

Straight Bat,

I can clarify your "speculation" with facts.

1. Things were heated in the middle, as you'd expect with a tight game. A warning was given to a player & subsequently Biggs as captain, but no official reports on the day (no one should have an issue with tough talk on the field). 2. Also, no correspondance between CMCA & ANA re club report rumours, so you can put that one to bed too.

Of course we all back our own clubs, but you're drawing a very long bow comparing this to the physical altercations that occurred between drunken spectators from MWCC & BUCC.
Nothing wrong with heat in middle sugar can you please let me no if your Vice President has been stood down, from the disgusting things that was said to spiders pom player? Your club was not lead well by your supporters on the weekend. Just being a cmca fan Im very upset that one of your leaders would be saying those things

Lots of people making inferences and judgements from afar. Even a couple of newbies logging in and posting in defence. Can understand that, as it is a normal reaction to support one of your own. I have already posted an accurate eyewitness version so wont repeat as it only seems to incite others.

But to be clear this was not a blue between drunken spectators. None of the four people assaulted were drunk. One was a kid and one was scorer FFS !

The behaviour post incident was just as reprehensible. Any talk of others beyond the instigator being sanctioned is ridiculous. Even a club sanction would be tough in these circumstances as this bloke was completely out of control. I think we are forgetting also that a great Chelsea Heights clubmen was assaulted for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

100% didn't get reported, nether did white.. (We both got final warnings, and I only got warned because of the cmca's rule were if a player gets reported so does the captain) And we don't have a Vice President. And our president was on the field playing. So all that is news to me along with the umpire being abused. i like to think i have a good relationship with umpires!

As for my self yes I have copped a bit of abuse from the crowd and a few taunts but that's part of the game. I'm big enough to put the target on my back by talking my self up on social networks, I'm big enough to cop what I have coming... And I except that and actually take it as a sign of respect a lot of the time. What I don't like is hearing inappropriate language directed at me from the crowd in front of my parents, friends and young children there supporting my club. Smart comments are great, and always bring a laugh and I never want to see that stopped. But the inappropriate language, we don't need that as a competition.

Only thing i can report is i accidentally broke a plastic chair after I went out on the Saturday. Only because I was so disappointed. And so everyone knows I will be replacing the chair and or paying for a new one!! I didn't damage or touch anything else. Inappropriate behaviour from my self yes, and in heat of the moment we all do or have done dumb things! But I was very disappointed and felt like I let a lot of people down by going out. I wear my heart on my sleeve and play hard. I want to bring success to my cricket club and its supporters that haven't seen a lot of it the higher grades over the years!

Yes it was a heated game, but that's what you get when you play in Prelim Finals, every one was hot under the collar supporting their team. A long with alcohol, dumb things get said by supporters. Mainly trying to get under the skin of people involved in the game so they can get the result for their team. Only thing as i said that upset me is the language used by crowd members near parents and young children. And I'm sure it was both clubs... And I will address this with our members during the off season. As this is something I have worked extremely hard on at ANA. We want to gain respect on the field because of how we play, not by how much crap we talk off it.

We left everything we had on field and just weren't quite good enough. Dolman and Lee's efforts were amazing to watch... a long with Lewis and Kevs innings, (these are the things we should be talking about) Again we were beaten by a better team. But we gained a lot of experience, got 2 finals games into some young guys which will be invaluable experience in the future. I couldn't be prouder of my team and the year we had. Congrats goes to South, and i think anyone with a cricket brain saw how much respect i have for them when the fielding tactics i used were very similar to their own! best of luck to both teams on saturday, both deserve the chance play off in grand final and may the best team win.

See you all tomorrow night!

You flog
You saw all three assaults and did nothing?
obviously you know of this guys past reputation for violence.
Did you also witness the threats made by the dill in question to return and shoot everybody ?
CMCA will listen to the facts and make a considered decision.
You are a tosser

Flog and a Tosser ?? How to expect to gain respect with insults like that ? I do not know the guys past reputation and i am not interested in the rumours flying about. What i saw was mutual provocation and mutual contact, not just one person instigating. Again Facts

Come on Biggsy, do you actually believe the stuff you right?

Every time you or Adam Kain speak you spoil things for your club, a club full of good people, seriously the stuff you write on Twitter is embarrassing, credit you've had a top year and deserve some accolades as does your team, but you are a selfish individual, the first final you batted for a not out, worked hard and when Llyod fell you didn't take charge and that was the difference between 180 or 210.

Mr Kain and yourself have talked some absolute rubbish the last few weeks, cliche after cliche, nothing to lose despite finishing second you've both said bla bla bla embarrassing.

Also the umpires dislike you immensely, you behave like a brat on field when you don't get your way and you talk some absolute rubbish, all in all your a good bat though.

Facts Only, stop yanking your own chain, you don't deal in facts you peanut, there in this case is two sides of the story which does not make anything you say a FACT.

The Bulldogs only flag was in 1954 that's a fact!

7 days in a week that's a fact!

Molly meldrum likes to kiss men, that's a fact!

So stop thinking your egotistical view is the only one that matters, you're a inbred commission housing moron hiding and that's a fact!

Come on Biggsy, do you actually believe the stuff you right?

Every time you or Adam Kain speak you spoil things for your club, a club full of good people, seriously the stuff you write on Twitter is embarrassing, credit you've had a top year and deserve some accolades as does your team, but you are a selfish individual, the first final you batted for a not out, worked hard and when Llyod fell you didn't take charge and that was the difference between 180 or 210.

Mr Kain and yourself have talked some absolute rubbish the last few weeks, cliche after cliche, nothing to lose despite finishing second you've both said bla bla bla embarrassing.

Also the umpires dislike you immensely, you behave like a brat on field when you don't get your way and you talk some absolute rubbish, all in all your a good bat though.

Everyone has a right to write an opinion. Thing is, I don't hide in a crowd, I don't hide behind fake names and I don't hide behind a private phone numbers. And if I'm a selfish individual, why is it I don't get paid to play? I would take back every run I have made this year to see my club playing this Saturday! You can judge my tactics, judge my comments, judge how you think I bat. All of that is fine, I have no dramas. But I'm far from selfish and take offence to that.

I'm also a big enough person to apologise when I make mistakes, say dumb things or do dumb things in the heat of the moment.
As I have many times over my life.

Now Listen, the nothing to lose comment was a failed attempt at reverse psychology on the unbackable favourites. If you know me well enough you'd understand you need to read more than just the words written. I've played the game long enough to know that that you can't make friends with everyone. You won't ever hear me complain about umpires for losing a game though.

If i was involved in BUCC i would be a little concerned when at least 2 players of the Longmuir side playing in a GF the following week are involved in a physical altercation at another CMCA game as a spectator.
A lot is written on this forum based around Uniting and them being looked after by the CMCA due to their relationships with some on the CMCA exec, unfortunately in my opinion this is something that can't be swept under the carpet or even "held off a week" till after the GF.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that the MWCC player/supporter in question wasn't completely out of line but none the less violence broke out at a local game of cricket.
All involved in the altercation must be sanctioned.......

Back