Cmca 2012/13

Wow, the BCF is in over-drive the last few days...

Shaggy must be leaving Uniting or Pup would have his BCF ban re-imposed by now wouldn't he ?

some interesting reading..

Hello, Roey... nice to see you've joined us & happy to put your name to your ramblings!!

I would suspect that the newest recruit is not getting paid to play cricket. However, as Mick said a few pages back it's a career decision. That would indicate that he may be getting paid to work for someone(or 2) within the club. A four year deal sounds like a four year apprenticeship to me.... Pay a little bit above the award rate and there you have it!

Ahh you mean the VAFA dictum. We don't pay players in the VAFA, but if they happen to get a job, or an extension on their house well it is coincidental.....but we never pay players as they criticize other competitions for spending money on players. Just scrap 3.4.1 and let clubs do what they want. It puzzles me why cricket is so sacrosanct when it comes to payments.Footy and soccer pay players so what makes cricket so special?

Ahh you mean the VAFA dictum. We don't pay players in the VAFA, but if they happen to get a job, or an extension on their house well it is coincidental.....but we never pay players as they criticize other competitions for spending money on players. Just scrap 3.4.1 and let clubs do what they want. It puzzles me why cricket is so sacrosanct when it comes to payments.Footy and soccer pay players so what makes cricket so special?
We use a points system in VTCA and is much easier to police and seems to be working... (its 45 points a club, 10 points district 1sts and above 6 points for players from other top local divs and 50% discounts for returning junoirs) all the rest on the VTCA website anyway...

We use a points system in VTCA and is much easier to police and seems to be working... (its 45 points a club, 10 points district 1sts and above 6 points for players from other top local divs and 50% discounts for returning junoirs) all the rest on the VTCA website anyway...

Dan, A lot of metro comps are looking at the VTCA model and it does work VERY well. I know the MPCA have started using it also and by all accounts it works well there too. The CMCA could do a lot worse than look at it.

I see Pup also tried to start a thread on the points system, I though I might add to that. I think Pup is trying to implement the 'English' system that allows teams to play out winning & losing draws. I actually believe that the VTCA are on the money with their points system. Points for a win, loss & draw are as per the CMCA. Added to that are 0.01 pts for each run scored and 0.20 points for each wicket taken. This system assumes that the average score is around 200 per innings and gives reward to teams playing games out to the full, rather than finishing at 4pm (or earlier) on the 2nd day. We pay enuff for our cricket ($750 per year per player - australian bureau of statistics 2011), why not get more bang for our buck - and at the same time, the players will be encouraged to be more aggressive, with both bat & ball.

The ONLY area this fails in the VTCA is when localised showers &/or ground conditions (ie: faulty covers, vandalism, etc..) may limit the amount of play available, where say its pouring in the Moorabbin area, but fine elsewhere, the clubs in Moorabbin are restrictied in trying to improve their ladder position. I dont see this being a problem in the CMCA on synthetic wickets.

Having said that, has the CMCA model had any reason to look for a change? Have there been any close calls that could have been decided better?

Any thoughts peeps???

(PS: Yes I'm getting deep and meaningful in my OLD age!! HAHA)

Brett said:
With all respect Rohan, 1 Mercantile innings is hardly the pinnacle of ones career but by all means hold it close!
Now I never said you were not talented just that you liked the easy runs up for grabs, no one is perfect least of all me, but the topic was not about me or my batting Rohan.

But good to hear your back in the CMCA best of luck!

Thats right Pup, I've played 1 innings in 10 years. Geez I'll be lucky to get in the 2's at that rate, won't I.

Easy runs? No runs are easy Pup. You should know that, but maybe I give you more credit than I probably should.

Given your rating of my batting prowess (without having actually seen me bat for more than 7 years), I would have thought that your guidance would help me. Please Pup, can you help me become a better person, or am I biting on a lemon tree too?

was that the same game you said (& i quote) that was my best innings ever, you did bat well for ages to help save the game, both of you (that saw us *cough* - *cough* win the flag). So i wouldnt be giving Roey a backhander... you were like you had just won the world cup after that innings, remember i was (half with Z) captain in the game??

you seem to be giving a lot of advice (batting especially) there Pup, you must of come a long way since last time i saw you play??

having played the "pommie way' for points & winning draws etc. its a shambles, leads to boring cricket. CMCA simple win/loss structure is by far the best.. I haven't seen many test matches decided on winning/losing draws from memory??

Clocker you make a valid point with the VAFA model, im sure Sauntner & all those other guys are playing A grade for free= Spare me!!

Simple if clubs can raise the funds or attract sponsors good luck to them, it's their $$$ & should be able to spend it anyway they see fit if you ask me.. Money doesn't always get the job done from my experiences, i think there many examples that prove that theory.

I am with Pup tho, all these 'hidden' opinions carry F@#% all weight or credit if there from 'unknowns' !!

& yes Roey, you are old !!

y

Good to hear from you Pup. Shame to see the northern summer has affected your memory. "Stability n Schreier don't fit in the same sentence" - Remember Fawkner Park, SF 2004/05..... Hhmmm.... get off the warm beer champ!!!

To clarify to all and sundry and put several queries to bed, I am returning to Moorabbin West in 2012/13 and am looking to assist the newly appointed Captain/Coach in whatever way I can at training, as well as - needless to say - trying to perform my best, along with all my teammates, to win games on match day.

That, Pup, may be inhibited by my ability to "throw my wicket away" needlessly. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Maybe I could pop in and get some coaching tips some time from the most rational batsman in the CMCA who never throws his wicket away...... When are you back so I can lock it in mate?

UM, thanks for the kind words, and for memories of some good innings you've seen me play. Unfortunatley, and remember I've been out of the CMCA for 7 or 8 years now, some people just have no idea of what I have done or where I have been, other than idle comments, yet can lay claim to knowing me apparently better than I know myself.

Looking forward to taking on many former adversaries (and plenty of new ones) in 2012/13. Bring it on!
Rohan i see you are still drinking your own bathwater. Maybe why you have moved from club to club for all these years, none of them could stomach your endless stores about how good you thought you were. We are all in for a treat this year when he will post his ball by ball description of each innings he plays with Moor West. Maybe a pair of ear plugs will be supplied with the subs for the other boys down there this year.

Dan, A lot of metro comps are looking at the VTCA model and it does work VERY well. I know the MPCA have started using it also and by all accounts it works well there too. The CMCA could do a lot worse than look at it.

I see Pup also tried to start a thread on the points system, I though I might add to that. I think Pup is trying to implement the 'English' system that allows teams to play out winning & losing draws. I actually believe that the VTCA are on the money with their points system. Points for a win, loss & draw are as per the CMCA. Added to that are 0.01 pts for each run scored and 0.20 points for each wicket taken. This system assumes that the average score is around 200 per innings and gives reward to teams playing games out to the full, rather than finishing at 4pm (or earlier) on the 2nd day. We pay enuff for our cricket ($750 per year per player - australian bureau of statistics 2011), why not get more bang for our buck - and at the same time, the players will be encouraged to be more aggressive, with both bat & ball.

The ONLY area this fails in the VTCA is when localised showers &/or ground conditions (ie: faulty covers, vandalism, etc..) may limit the amount of play available, where say its pouring in the Moorabbin area, but fine elsewhere, the clubs in Moorabbin are restrictied in trying to improve their ladder position. I dont see this being a problem in the CMCA on synthetic wickets.

Having said that, has the CMCA model had any reason to look for a change? Have there been any close calls that could have been decided better?

Any thoughts peeps???

(PS: Yes I'm getting deep and meaningful in my OLD age!! HAHA)

Not sure if there is anything wrong with the CMCA model, although there has been some problems regarding outwright results in lower grades. Would clubs with traditionaly slower grounds be disadvantaged with the VTCA system?

Maybe Brett Ernst will be captain of the woolnough team this year, he surely wouldnt get a game in front of Jarrad Allan they are a huge wrap for allan, loook forward to seeing you down at Widdop Crescent.

Usually come on every few days to check up on any news and nothing of late. Seasons not too far away, surely there's some more recruits and departures other than the ones previously mentioned?

What happened to last 3 pages of posts?? its gone backwards... Strange!!

Not sure on new recruits seems very quiet this year, apart from the few obvious ones everyone knows of..

I'd be suprised if W/P dont find a recruit to head back into Longy, they normally seem to find one from previous years?

Very quite here lately, any news of note?
How are clubs tracking, have they recruited as they like?
Who will improve this season? Who will drop down even get relegated by seasons end?

Heard there are plenty of movements from down Brighton way - Noel...please explain.
Could be another horrendous years for the Hoops. Expect them to be relegated.

Back