Cmca 2012/13

Didn't know that Squeak, cheers bud!

It's pretty boring on here at the moment, how about some footy banter...... Maybe we could hear from "Ordinary Bloke" about how his Fagpies went against the Mighty Hawks on saturday......
We had a great day out, didn't Burger....
Uncle's Blues??

No use peaking in July, Squeak.
Want me to take you back to Prellim night in 2012?
Very quiet around here. The boys have started pre-season under leroy and with some pretty handy recruits.

Very quiet around here. The boys have started pre-season under leroy and with some pretty handy recruits.

I agree mate. Just firing back from everyone else who puts up with all the Collingwood junk everytime you win.....
example... "like a cakewalk"... "too easy"...."next".... same old comments!
I'm pretty sure if Collingwood won, I would have got personal messages from Collingwood supporters but that's what they do!
Yeah i remember the Prelim 2012... Geelong beat West Coast i think... then Geelong won the flag!
No point peaking in the Prelim........
haha

Don't know if we'll sponsor the CMCA yet ......

We have the negotiator’s ready to talk you down from the roof of the Hilton (again) on standby .
Just in case of another No flag pies.
Haven’t heard from Clocker for a while, maybe he could update us on the Soccer scene?

2012-13 Fixture is out.
Rounds 1 and 2 are 1 Day games. So is Round 11.
CMCA have 4 weeks allocated for finals. Is this for a reserve weekend due to bad weather?
Maybe someone who attended the AGM can shed some light?

2012-13 Fixture is out.
Rounds 1 and 2 are 1 Day games. So is Round 11.
CMCA have 4 weeks allocated for finals. Is this for a reserve weekend due to bad weather?
Maybe someone who attended the AGM can shed some light?

The 4 weeks is to allow for the reserve weekend for GF. Also Glen Eira grounds will be able hold GF this season.

In regards to the draw they had one made up ready to give out at the AGM, but we're too many mistakes so Mark Rainy said he will fix it up and send it out by the end of this week!

For the fourth consecutive season the Juggernaut meet the Royals in Round 1. Why would the Executive have not taken the opportunity to schedule a grand final replay for the first round to show case the competition? It could have been held at Chisholm, where the Juggernaut would unfurl their flag and would add to the occasion. There would no doubt be a little needle but it would ensure a fantastic opener for the season. Even better play it on a Sunday like Uniting did last season which attracted a large crowd and was a very entertaining match.

Mal I am excited that the English football is only a couple of weeks away and Man City looking a good thing to do the double. Still recovering from that last match of the season against QPR. Could be one of the greatest games ever. Chelsea will be up there as there are spending big, and no doubt Newcastle will be keen to take the next step and qualify for the Champions league. Arsenal is in all sorts of trouble. The best organized and financially managed club, but no one wants to play for them. Is Brett an Arsenal supporter? Tottenham after sacking Harry Redknapp and replacing him with Andre Villas-Boas a pretentious upstart who has done nothing but whine about being sacked from Chelsea. They could have their work ahead of them. As for AFL it is sad to watch the demise of a game that once upon a time was great. Crowds alarmingly down, Umpires changing their interpretations every week, and we have to put with Anderson and co who just want to get their heads on the television. Now a Royal Commission into tanking because the AFL cannot admit they made a mistake and move on whilst GWS make 7 and 8 changes every week which does not seem to concern the AFL.I will take the world game any time Mal. Go Victory!

For the fourth consecutive season the Juggernaut meet the Royals in Round 1. Why would the Executive have not taken the opportunity to schedule a grand final replay for the first round to show case the competition? It could have been held at Chisholm, where the Juggernaut would unfurl their flag and would add to the occasion. There would no doubt be a little needle but it would ensure a fantastic opener for the season. Even better play it on a Sunday like Uniting did last season which attracted a large crowd and was a very entertaining match.

Mal I am excited that the English football is only a couple of weeks away and Man City looking a good thing to do the double. Still recovering from that last match of the season against QPR. Could be one of the greatest games ever. Chelsea will be up there as there are spending big, and no doubt Newcastle will be keen to take the next step and qualify for the Champions league. Arsenal is in all sorts of trouble. The best organized and financially managed club, but no one wants to play for them. Is Brett an Arsenal supporter? Tottenham after sacking Harry Redknapp and replacing him with Andre Villas-Boas a pretentious upstart who has done nothing but whine about being sacked from Chelsea. They could have their work ahead of them. As for AFL it is sad to watch the demise of a game that once upon a time was great. Crowds alarmingly down, Umpires changing their interpretations every week, and we have to put with Anderson and co who just want to get their heads on the television. Now a Royal Commission into tanking because the AFL cannot admit they made a mistake and move on whilst GWS make 7 and 8 changes every week which does not seem to concern the AFL.I will take the world game any time Mal. Go Victory!

Wow, Thanks Clock for your insight to the world game in which most people of my age find as boring as bat sh#t. Good to see you have a passion as strong as the 1 you have for rubbishing the success of the Bentleigh uniting CC. Your points re the draw have merit. Maybe it’s time for you to put your hand up and hop on the CMCA committee and make the comp a better place. Vote 1 Clocker

Yes Mal and some people of your vintage actually believe lawn bowls is an exciting game, so let’s agree to disagree. Committee is doing a good job. Just believe it would be a great opener to the season but god forbid let's not dare to do something different. As for BUCC this season they are unbackable to win the flag in Longmuir and will be looking to make up for last season's absence of premierships in the other grades so expect them to dominate and good luck to them.Very good people behind the scenes and a well run club.Maybe they will actually deserve to win the club championship this season,and not what ever the criteria was last season; best uniform, who knows?

Yes Mal and some people of your vintage actually believe lawn bowls is an exciting game, so let’s agree to disagree. Committee is doing a good job. Just believe it would be a great opener to the season but god forbid let's not dare to do something different. As for BUCC this season they are unbackable to win the flag in Longmuir and will be looking to make up for last season's absence of premierships in the other grades so expect them to dominate and good luck to them.Very good people behind the scenes and a well run club.Maybe they will actually deserve to win the club championship this season,and not what ever the criteria was last season; best uniform, who knows?

Either your medication is working or reading 50 shades of grey has really changed your life Clocker. It wasn’t that long ago that you were accusing Uniting of cheating and the Prez of the comp was bank rolling it. Now you’re the number 1 ticket holder at Uniting? Poor the pills down the drain; I like the bitter & twisted Clocker better.

'CITY' Clocker, Man crush on the Belgium tower VIncent Kompany. Used to be a critic of the world game, But my time in the Motherland has turned me and I adore it and appreciate the skill and craft involved. Miss the Afl and still keep update to news and matches daily but my Saints have slipped but then again players such as Saad n Mileria have added something we needed and hopefully next year we can make a top 4 place.

I do agree with your sentiments ESBC v BUCC rd1 would feel good 'like sugar and spice', A rivalry increasingly growing and Unitings new recruit hitting a few chords with the ESBC resulting in some choice words and backlash would make it a Sunday special.

Clocker. What criteria do you want for club championship?
Last year Bentleigh Uniting's top 4 grades all made finals, and those four teams
were in the top 4 grades! Who was a more worthy winner Clocker?

'CITY' Clocker, Man crush on the Belgium tower VIncent Kompany. Used to be a critic of the world game, But my time in the Motherland has turned me and I adore it and appreciate the skill and craft involved. Miss the Afl and still keep update to news and matches daily but my Saints have slipped but then again players such as Saad n Mileria have added something we needed and hopefully next year we can make a top 4 place.

I do agree with your sentiments ESBC v BUCC rd1 would feel good 'like sugar and spice', A rivalry increasingly growing and Unitings new recruit hitting a few chords with the ESBC resulting in some choice words and backlash would make it a Sunday special.

Ok, now you are scaring me Brett. Yes must admit to a slight man crush on Mr Kompany.How good was that last match and how good was it looking at Ferguson's reaction.
Mal, read all of the posts in context then comment. Call it as I see it and yes they are a very good club and run by very good people. You have your work cut out this season so I would focus on trying to get back into Longy.Could be struggling though.
Straight Bat: Washington Park: Premiers Woolnough & Quiney, Semi Finalists E grade and Grand Finalists F grade. I suppose they should have won 4 flags.

Ok, now you are scaring me Brett. Yes must admit to a slight man crush on Mr Kompany.How good was that last match and how good was it looking at Ferguson's reaction.
Mal, read all of the posts in context then comment. Call it as I see it and yes they are a very good club and run by very good people. You have your work cut out this season so I would focus on trying to get back into Longy.Could be struggling though.
Straight Bat: Washington Park: Premiers Woolnough & Quiney, Semi Finalists E grade and Grand Finalists F grade. I suppose they should have won 4 flags.

Clocker, the EPL finale was the best thing I've seen in any sport. Was lucky enough to sit in Mancini's hot seat at Etihad during the week of the derby. Was surprised Washups weren't the champion club, but finals wins don't count, and the number of junior teams at BUCC would have got them over the line.

Back