Cmca 2012/13

Washington Park v Mackie
West Bentleigh v East Sandy
Chelsea Heights v Elwood
Carnegie Southv Brighton Union
Le Page Park v Bentleigh Uniting
Bentleigh ANA v Kingston Heath

Round 2 Preview
Heighters over Union easily (Panther Reid taking wickets and new recruit makes a score. Things looking good at Chelsea).Uniting over ANA just (If ANA can pinch this they may well play finals, but Uniting cannot afford to drop 9 pints off the pace. I selected Manders for a duck last week, so I will go for a 50 and 3 for this time out).Wash Ups over Golfers just (Did not like the look of the Heath’s batting depth and that old fashioned conservative style will not see them win too many games).Le Page over Mackie just (Le Page were not that bad last weekend and Peter Mentiplay and Gurr should do enough).ESBC over Carn Sth just (I give the Spiders a real chance but always get burned if I tip against the Juggies).West over Elwood just (I was impressed by the Cowboys last weekend and Chris Fidler looks set for a big season. Will be close though).

Round 2 Review

2/6 (4/12 cumulative) in a week where upsets were the norm and I just messed up the others. Round 2 proved that one writes off former heavyweights of the association at their peril as Union and Mackie recorded resounding wins at the expense of Chelsea and Le Page. Nothing gained from writing teams off in October, but Le Page and Chelsea are already behind the 8-ball. The Wash Ups are immediately finding the standard jump taxing whilst Elwood are looking like the season’s big improvers. Uniting and Easy Sandy did what good sides do and win without ever really hitting top gear.

Round 3 Preview

Mackie over Wash Ups just (I will go with the conservative choice but get the impression that the Sharks will be very hard to beat at home. Krotofill, Bott, Park and Kinsella were the stalwarts who shone for the Machine last time out and they should do enough to secure the points in this one).

East Sandy over West just (West opened at $4 at many outlets this week, but with the news of the return of Cricketing Harlot, Stacy Brown, the Cowboys are now into $2.20 and shortening. However as Chuck D stated back in 1988 “Don’t believe the Hype”, as I reckon it will make little difference to the outcome, rather just prolong the contest. Guy Martyn to star).

Elwood over Chelsea comfortably (Rob De Haan is clearly the Premier Spinner in the competition and should once again bamboozle the opposition. Not quite panic stations for the Heighters yet, but there may be some worrisome faces come the end of the month).

Carn Sth over Union just (The Spiders were pretty solid against the reigning Premiers last time out and face far weaker – albeit upbeat – opposition in this one. Rudi Schleiger to continue his good early season form).

Uniting over Le Page comfortably (The Panthers minus McConchie are a far less ruthless outfit and the competition glamour boys should do it in a canter. Ash Russell to score big).

ANA over the Golfers easily (The Royals have been pretty good so far and have had the horror opening draw with the ‘Old Firm’ first up. I do not expect Biggsy to fail two weeks in a row and if ANA post a 200 plus score as is likely this match will peter out early).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Tips Round 3
Longy:
Mackie
ESBC
Chelsea Heights
Carnegie
Bentleigh Uniting
Bentleigh ANA

Wooly:
Cluden
Moorabbin West
Highett West
Hampton Central
ESBC
Omega

Well done to Hampton Central's Billy McGregor who took 1/9 off his 6 overs on debut against Wash Ups on Saturday. Fantastic effort for a 13yr old.

Evening Folks - Very happy to report that the Kookaburra CMCA Twenty/20 Cup competition is now complete with our 16th team being found! Fixture is being written up right now and will be out in the next day or two. First games are on Tuesday 13th November from 5.20pm! Really looking forward to seeing some exciting cricket again played!! More details soon via email / website, and on the CMCA Radio Show on Sunday morning with Mark Missen & the boys.
Cheers...Greeny

Well done to Hampton Central's Billy McGregor who took 1/9 off his 6 overs on debut against Wash Ups on Saturday. Fantastic effort for a 13yr old.
With ESBC bouncing back strongly after their shock loss in rnd 1 and still missing some stars what has happened to B Bennett, injured, retired?

Hi All,

Hope the seasons start is treating you all well. I just thought in case you didn't see it I would make you all aware of Gideon Haigh's oration at the Bradman Oration last night. It was about local clubs and hence I thought you might be interested as I imagine there are plenty of volunteer administrators out there in BCF land. I think it would be useful if we could lobby our councils to take on board some of his very well articulated points. Especially about the service we provide to the community etc

Anyway it can viewed form the link below.
http://www.cricket.com.au/video/features

I hope you enjoy the season and lets pray for some good weather.

Big props to Dave Marsh & ANA as well as Collo (former Carnegie Sth skipper, now umpire) for allowing an extended tea break whilst we had a milestone occasion yesterday. They were fantastic and very respectful. Very much appreciated by all at HWCC.

Dear All,
Current table. Please let me know if any errors.

BILLY THE KID 2 4 6 12
JIMMY 3 3 5 11
GOLF 1 5 5 11
CLOCKER 2 3 6 11
QUASIMODO 2 2 6 10
North Clubs don't pay2 3 5 10
No Fox 1 3 5 9
Bit rich 3 2 4 9
UNCLE MICK 1 3 5 9
Captain Who 2 1 6 9
IF I CAN I WILL 1 3 4 8
Post Mortem 1 3 4 8
Past hack 2 1 5 8
Peter Parker 2 2 4 8
Ordinary Bloke 1 3 0 4
Dr.Squeak 1 2 0 3

Round 4

Brighton Union v Mackie
This will be an interesting encounter as the Hoops cannot be underestimated.

West Bentleigh v Chelsea Heights

Still waiting for Chelsea Heights to click. The Cowboys will have too many big guns on the day.

Kingston Heath v Bentleigh Uniting

This could be a very ugly day for the Golfers, especially if Uniting get to bat first on what is promises to be a warm day on Saturday. The Golfers could be chasing a monstrous score.

Carnegie South v Washington Park

Spiders to march on their merry way and record another comfortable win. A lot of Sharks batsmen failing to come to grips with Longmuir.

East Sandringham Boys Club v Elwood

Game of the round. The Beach Boys are flying and they have previously beaten the Juggernaut at Chisholm Reserve.

Bentleigh ANA v Le Page Park

The Royals are proceeding to plan and going under the radar; HOWEVER they have previously dropped these type of games which they are expected to win. Bieber Boys under immense pressure, as relegation is staring them in the face.

WOOLNOUGH

Washington Park v Hampton United

Washups need to bounce back after last week’s poor effort against the Centrals. The Big Red (Bell) is set for a big game.

Bentleigh Uniting v Highett West

Uniting just fell short against the rampaging Westars. They face a rejuvenated ‘Uncle Mick’ to contend with this week. Will be a close contest.

Aspendale Gardens v West Bentleigh

Must win for the Gardeners to get themselves to back into the hunt for a finals spot.

Hampton Central v Cluden
Cluden promise to perform but seem to fail in the big games. Huge opportunity for them to make their mark.

Moorabbin West v Bentleigh ANA

Westars to continue on and record another convincing win.

Omega v East Sandringham Boys Club

Apart from their first round loss the Ommies have not been pressured in their last two games. This will change and I am predicting the Juggernaut to overcome the Ommies in a tight contest.

A bit of movement at the station down in Bieber Boy territory??
Round 4

LONGMUIR
Mackie - no certainty
West Bentleigh - no certainty
Bentleigh Uniting - certainty
Carnegie South - near certainty
East Sandringham Boys Club - Elwood missing a couple of keys?
Bentleigh ANA - agree with Clocks analysis

WOOLNOUGH
Washington Park - Would want to rebound, reliant on their 1's getting a full squad together
Bentleigh Uniting - Where are Coles, M.Backman & Doherty etc. Dads army bowling attack still enough for this week
Aspendale Gardens - Got to
Hampton Central - Cluden will have one of their "weeks off"
Moorabbin West - solid
Omega - Take off the gold cap Clocker

Brighton union
West bentleigh
Bentleigh uniting
Carnegie south
East sandy B.C
Bentleigh ANA

Union will come back this week against the machine.
West bentleigh are a big chance and have home ground advantage.
Can't tip against the billionaires.
East sandy to continue chasing down the targets.
Only picking ANA due to home game. But could be a close one.

Also picking patchy to get the quaddie on Tuesday. The big man is due.

Longy.
Mackie.
Heighters in a bit of an upset.
Uniting. I've got a feeling that Nuwan may score some runs, but not enough to stop the billionaires winning.
Spiders. They know their game plan, and play it well.
Juggernaut. May be a close one though.
ANA. Playing good cricket, and confidence will be up.

Woolnough.
Washington Park.
Uniting.
Gardeners in a close one. Had a good chat to Dutch last round. They seem to be on the right track.
Centrals.
Westars. Playing good cricket at the moment.
Us. I agree with Jimmy's analysis.

Longmuir Shield
Mackie
West Bentleigh
Bentleigh Uniting
Carnegie South
East Sandy
Bentleigh ANA

Woolnough Shield
Washington Park
Bentleigh Uniting
Aspendale Gardens
Hampton Central
Moorabbin West
Omega

Great to see four CMCA juniors in the 16 man squad for the Victorian U/19's team. The final team of 13 will be selected late November. Best of luck to;

Lincoln Edwards - Melbourne C.C. (Elsternwick C.C.)
Josh Manning - St Kilda C.C. (Kingston Heath C.C.)
Jack Taylor - Prahran C.C. (Washington Park C.C.)
Liam Tonkin - Hawthorn/Monash C.C. (Beaumaris C.C.)

Manning, Taylor & Tonkin playing in their respective Premier club's 1st XI. While Edwards plays in the 2nd XI. Great to see local talent going onto bigger and better things.

Back