County Championship Chat

mas cambios

County Championship Chat

lv_logo.png

Welcome to the new County season and with it a new County Chat thread. Anything goes in here, as long as it's on topic(ish) and to do the county game.

As usual the first morning saw a flurry of wickets, but also a few decent scores, most notably Mark Ramprakash, making the first ton of the season.

I should also mention a certain Shane Bond who took a career best 7-66 as well as Darren Pattinson of Nottinghamshire, who took 5-22 on début.

Also, if you want to enter the simplyCricket fantasy league, then follow the link here to sign up an join in the action. You still have a bit of time to enter but the sooner it's done, the sooner I can stop badgering you all.

Re: County Championship Chat

Ramprakash - 102 runs down, 1898 to go for a 3rd season of 2000 runs plus :laugh:

Also, he is two tons off reaching the landmark of 100 hundreds.

glamorgan were only playing a warm up game but it weren't great. well, it was ok i guess, we made 300 and had the other team 20-3

nice to see harrison back after so long

This will be Somerset's year, I can feel it in me bones. Good squad with a nice blend of experience and youth.

Afzaal seems to like his new club - a 100 in his first innings for them!! Ramps on the march again and Bond does what Bond does - I knew I should've had him in the fantasy league :p

I'm dissapointed with Denly's start to the season - no scores to speak of yet. And Neil Edwards isn't even in the Somerset team, which is shocking. I'm not sure what's happened to James Harris but he's not been playing yet either. Anyone know?

Treadwell and Key looking good, hammering the NZ bowlers around, a possible opening partnership for England in the first test ? :p

You kind of forget that this is going on with all the other stuff happening!

Somerset are continuing on their great form of last year to top the table and look good to be there or there about come the end of the season.

Glamorgan and Gloucestershire are both still very poor sides, although I will endure ( :eek:) the twenty20 season at Sophia gardens.

wolf said:
This will be Somerset's year, I can feel it in me bones. Good squad with a nice blend of experience and youth.

Now who's laughing? :p

It's a marathon not a sprint ;).

In all honesty they do look good, if they can maintain form then they have a very good shout. A remarkable turn around from a few years ago when they were part of the useless west country and Wales trio.

Back