County Championship Chat

Re: County Championship Chat

Crikey, I only just saw that, awesome innings and he joins a very rare club in people scoring double centuries in list 'a' games.

I can't see him getting picked tbh, there are too many other guys in contention for the selectors to go for him already. Personally I'd pick him but I think the selectors will be more conservative.

I'd certainly say Jones is ahead of Harmison and Hoggard on current form, neither have really done anything special since being dropped by England, whereas Jones seems to be taking wickets with regularity, that's 4/5 5fers for Jones this year isn't it ? If Freddie can regain his batting, and possibly bat at 6 then Jones could easily slot in alongside Sidebottom and Broad, and we'd have an immense bowling attack.

Also, special mention for Michael Vaughan, another quality innings in the CC yesterday.....

=P

He seems to have some promise, not sure who he would play for though, if he did get to international level.

More runs for Malan, with a 100 of 50 odd balls. Also, he scored 60ish against the South African team the other day.

malan looks quite promising, will be interesting to see how he develops

surrey on the other hand have looked awful all season, one day cricket is below poor and in the county championship they can't even string together 4 good days and always have at least one completely awful day to lose the game

Would you say that Surrey have an ageing squad? Also, I think they began to rely on Ramps too much. The 100th hundred thing seems to have gotten to him and he's playing poorly. I reckon once he cracks that, he'll be back to the heavy scoring of the past 2 seasons.

Is the 100th hundred thing a sign that Ramps cracks under the pressure and so shouldn't have been considered for England last year or is it just a slump that came at an unfortunate time?? Either way I think Surrey rely on him way too much.

A bit of everything I guess. He was due a slump, there was/is a lot of media pressure on him reaching the 100 hundreds (will probably be the last person to do it) and also the break for the twenty20 happened at probably the wrong time for him.

I remember reading about Hutton (I think it was) about to reach the 100 hundreds and he suffered the same sort of blip. Just could not reach 3 figures for a while due to the pressure.

yeah looks like the pressure is really getting to him, he has never handled the pressure very well, which was why he choked at international level. Sums up all the surrey team though really talent that really just doesn't seem to be coming out and choking at key times like today at notts

Hick is gone then, good batsman but wasted at the top table

i wonder how he wwould have fared if 20 years younger and in the fletcher reign?

Hick another of the great 'what might have beens'. Still think he could carry on next year but then again Worcestershire seem to be a side going places so he's probably doing the right thing.

mas cambios;265152 said:
Hick another of the great 'what might have beens'. Still think he could carry on next year but then again Worcestershire seem to be a side going places so he's probably doing the right thing.

did an australian cricketer used to play county for Worcestershire?

Back