County Championship Chat

Re: County Championship Chat

What is going on at Lancashire at this moment in time??? Letting Cork and Law go to give youngsters a chance in my eyes isn't bad idea but it isn't a great one either! Why not renew they're contracts and let them help the youngsters by passing on there experience?? Law is the best batsman in the club and who is goin to come into replace him? A younger player who has played 2 or 3 games in the 1's and spent most of his time in the 2's?? Is he going to be capable of scoring the runs to win the County championship or even just the runs that Law did?? They say they are releasing them to provide younger players with a chance but yet the rumour is Murali is going to be coming back on a short term contract! Why not give a younger spinner a chance in that spot and recruit a decent overseas that will benefit the club over the whole season! I personally think the club needs to seriously rethink it's plans for the season!

Re: County Championship Chat

With you on this one Flyin' Scotsman, Law has been proving for years that he is very servicable in County level. He didnt have a poor season at all and by keeping him on as a player would help develop the younger guys in the 2nds and if the seniors need some experience just pop back up there.

I am hoping that Lancs recruit him as a coach, but if I was another county I would be looking to bring Law over in some capacity

Back