Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

So it would seem that the District Clubs are subsidising Rep Cricket as none of the players are ever considered for Rep unless there is a clash where they need to TOP UP with a few guys that normally open in thier club side and then bat at 11 in rep teams.

I think you'll find the district players aren't considered for rep teams because they're not good enough. That's why they're playing District!

The WDCA players used to play rep because they were picked in the WDCA rep team. CAW have to pick the strongest team from CAW. It's logical that they're going to pick the best players from the whole comp and it's logical that 99% of those players are in Provincial.

If District players want to play rep cricket then maybe they should consier playing a better standard of cricket (ie Provincial).

Sir Don, you are showing your arrogance and ignorance. You are a chump! you cant tell me that there arent players in the district
comp that wouldnt walk straight into any provincial sides, names like mick walker, ash sutherland, even hayden roberts. In reference to you saying that if they want to play rep, they should play for a provincial side, some blokes play for the loyalty of the club, some may want their clubs to prosper instead of the best of the District to leave their clubs and let the best teams get better and the strugglers to fold into extinction. Sir Don you are a knob!

I think you'll find the district players aren't considered for rep teams because they're not good enough. That's why they're playing District!

The WDCA players used to play rep because they were picked in the WDCA rep team. CAW have to pick the strongest team from CAW. It's logical that they're going to pick the best players from the whole comp and it's logical that 99% of those players are in Provincial.
If District players want to play rep cricket then maybe they should consier playing a better standard of cricket (ie Provincial).

Righto Sir Don, so your backing up that some of the rep teams to play last year were some of the best teams the comp could put on the paddock? Rubbish! there are a few players in district very capable of playing rep cricket... Mick walker from yack is an out and out gun who would be in the top 5% of bowlers for both comps... some players have a thing called LOYALTY to thier team and dont go club hunting to win flags mate.

If memory serves me correct Sir Don i think the WDCA defeated the ABCA during the last year that both comps played in the Ensign Cup and the WDCA also defeated the ABCA at junior country week also that season. Plus there 3 former WDCA clubs who play in the top division so its not as if that compeition has produced any talent. I think this highlights the increasing gulf in the standard between the comps as the haves and have nots now that the merger is 4-5 years in. If the ABCA hadn't admitted former WDCA clubs and merged later on it would of been reduced to 6 clubs (Lavi, Nth, East, Wodonga, St Pats, Albury) and its existance would of been questioned with clubs City Colts, Postal United and the original New City having folded in the previous 20 years or so. The problem is the Provincial comp still thinks its the ABCA but will be in for a reality check when a couple of their foundation clubs get relegated in the next few years.;)

A rep team should be made up of the best players available for selection, who cares whether those players come from either comp as long as they deserve their spot. Considering some of the players selected last year, it is obvious that the team is far from the best players simply because people have busy lives and can't afford to be away for a week.

How many guys didnt play last year that would be a walk up starter if they were available?

A rep team should be made up of the best players available for selection, who cares whether those players come from either comp as long as they deserve their spot. Considering some of the players selected last year, it is obvious that the team is far from the best players simply because people have busy lives and can't afford to be away for a week.

How many guys didnt play last year that would be a walk up starter if they were available?

I think everyone understands that some really good club players have no desire to play rep cricket, so why not introduce a 2 or 3 time training for all people keen on playing rep cricket? Would save the league having to chase players up, as if they went to the trainings it would be a fair indication that they wanted to play. Clubs could aslo nominate players like the system they use for Ovens & Murray rep and Bushrangers in footy

We're all entitled to our own opinion mate. CAW have to pick the best available players and in my opinion the majority of those play in Provincial.

There ARE players in District who would walk into Provincial sides. I just don't think they'd walk into the rep side, including the blokes that you named.

So are you saying that Mick Walker would not play in front of a Boothy or Mick Spitiri, who get a gig more often than not. I think rep cricket at this time, has got a lot to do with if you are good mates with Bally and Tonks. They seem to be running the show. They pick who they want, as opposed to clubs nominating players. Surely the standard of the comps would get better if a few from each team were to train together and face the best more than one game a year. Erdeljack needs to address this because rep cricket atm the moment is a joke.

I agree with your comment about Booth and Spiteri. Maybe we should wait and see who gets picked this year. Things could be different.

Doesn't really matter who ends up playing rep because at the moment you will most likely find that those that are playing, are the only ones putting their hands up to play......so regardless whether they deserve to play or not, at least those guys are willing to play.

Rep cricket would be the same situation in every comp around all the minor comps.....trust me.

Ghg obviously you haven't heard the expression "Hot off the press" before. It means the absolute latest news.

Well aware what the 'term' means, but it is generally linked to something worth reading about......and that simply isn't!!!! But hey thanks for the heads up. Just so you know, the correct definition means 'freshly or newly printed'!!!!

Well aware what the 'term' means, but it is generally linked to something worth reading about......and that simply isn't!!!! But hey thanks for the heads up. Just so you know, the correct definition means 'freshly or newly printed'!!!!
Ghg, given that there have been a few people on this forum in the last couple of weeks have posted comments speculating where Marmo was going to play this season, then at least they think it is something worth reading about even if you don't.

Ghg, given that there have been a few people on this forum in the last couple of weeks have posted comments speculating where Marmo was going to play this season, then at least they think it is something worth reading about even if you don't.

There is a big difference between speculating and actually caring......not too sure who really cares thats all even if some have made comments.....but hey if you think that was huge news, then good for you, you must belong to the Lavi club and good luck.

How is that thirds draw looking?

There is a big difference between speculating and actually caring......not too sure who really cares thats all even if some have made comments.....but hey if you think that was huge news, then good for you, you must belong to the Lavi club and good luck.

How is that thirds draw looking?
As usual thirds draw not released yet. Can't say I'm surprised.

Back