Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

How pathetic is it that we are less than a week away from the start of third grade and all junior competition, and we still have no draws for any of these competitions?

Every other cricket competition has draws at least 2 weeks out from the start date. Why are we stuck with a completely inept and ineffective board running this competition?

More importantly, what can we do about it?

How pathetic is it that we are less than a week away from the start of third grade and all junior competition, and we still have no draws for any of these competitions?

Every other cricket competition has draws at least 2 weeks out from the start date. Why are we stuck with a completely inept and ineffective board running this competition?

More importantly, what can we do about it?

Have your club committee write a letter of complaint to the CAW board OR stand for a position on the board and make changes at CAW level from within......or get the numbers and get rid of the CAW administration!

Ask your club Pres to find out what the delay is, there could be a reasonable excuse, but considering we are less than a week out, it is pretty poor form.

Have your club committee write a letter of complaint to the CAW board OR stand for a position on the board and make changes at CAW level from within......or get the numbers and get rid of the CAW administration!

Ask your club Pres to find out what the delay is, there could be a reasonable excuse, but considering we are less than a week out, it is pretty poor form.
Some good suggestions ghg. The board for a number of years have not released the third grade draw until less than a week out and even then some changes are made the day before the first game.

A suggestion for the board, if any of them are reading this forum. If possible, set a deadline for clubs to nominate how many third grade teams they are going to field and in which division at least two weeks before the season starts. No changes are allowed to be made after the deadline, that way they can then do the draw as soon as the deadline passes. Obviously this is too late for this season, but maybe they can think about implementing it next season.

Some good suggestions ghg. The board for a number of years have not released the third grade draw until less than a week out and even then some changes are made the day before the first game.

A suggestion for the board, if any of them are reading this forum. If possible, set a deadline for clubs to nominate how many third grade teams they are going to field and in which division at least two weeks before the season starts. No changes are allowed to be made after the deadline, that way they can then do the draw as soon as the deadline passes. Obviously this is too late for this season, but maybe they can think about implementing it next season.

The problem with the 3'rds is that other than the Lavi Dream Team, is that all of the sides are filled with kids, old farts or blokes who just want to have some fun. I recon most clubs, particularly those that field a junior 3'rds side, don't know if they will actually have a team until a week before that comp starts, and in some cases a week after. Pretty sure the past few years have seen teams drop out after the comp commenced and again, St Pats being able to field a second side just before the comp commenced (which created a very uneven bye for that season under the bonus points system). Given that the 3'rds is, and should be, a bit of hit and giggle, and a way to expose the young kids to senior cricket.....don't be to harsh on the late draw.

Having a deadline would be great, until a club missed out on fielding a side at the last minute I suppose.

The problem with the 3'rds is that other than the Lavi Dream Team, is that all of the sides are filled with kids, old farts or blokes who just want to have some fun. I recon most clubs, particularly those that field a junior 3'rds side, don't know if they will actually have a team until a week before that comp starts, and in some cases a week after. Pretty sure the past few years have seen teams drop out after the comp commenced and again, St Pats being able to field a second side just before the comp commenced (which created a very uneven bye for that season under the bonus points system). Given that the 3'rds is, and should be, a bit of hit and giggle, and a way to expose the young kids to senior cricket.....don't be to harsh on the late draw.

Having a deadline would be great, until a club missed out on fielding a side at the last minute I suppose.
I know it would have it's difficulties, might mean clubs having to do a ring around to gauge numbers as quite a few people don't come to cricket training until the footy season is over.

Also think there might be a few 3rd grade players who fall into more than one of the 3 categories (kids, old farts or blokes that just want to have fun). I believe that most if not all the players in the Lavi dream team could fit into at least one of those categories, mostly they just want to have some fun (I'll let the readers of this forum guess which other category some of them fall into :) )

I know it would have it's difficulties, might mean clubs having to do a ring around to gauge numbers as quite a few people don't come to cricket training until the footy season is over.

Also think there might be a few 3rd grade players who fall into more than one of the 3 categories (kids, old farts or blokes that just want to have fun). I believe that most if not all the players in the Lavi dream team could fit into at least one of those categories, mostly they just want to have some fun (I'll let the readers of this forum guess which other category some of them fall into :) )

Interesting talk guys, i've looked into this Lavy 3rd grade "dream team". Apparently this side in particular has been discussed at board meetings due to their exceptional performances in belting the daylights out of teams filled with young kids. I have also been told that this group of players declined (no told) their coach, they would not be split up nor any of their players promoted into 2nds!
This to me tells me they are in a category all of their own, one which should be called "wankers".
Come on boys do whats right for your club and stop puffing your chest over some 3rd grade premierships.....who at lavy needs to grow the balls to move these blokes on.....fancy having a mob like this tell you as a coach where they will or won't play...hardly club orientated stuff!

I'm glad its got some feedback boys, but its interesting the discussion went straight to third grade, and didn't focus on the juniors who are just as badly affected. We have thousands of kids in under 11, 13, 15 and 17 who still have no idea where they are playing this weekend.
If memory serves me correctly, didn't someone try to get rid of the current CAW administration last year? Or was that the year before?

In defense to our third grade dream team, that is all they are. They are only thirds players. Only really butch and georgie would be able to make the step up. Dont get me wrong, they are a great side, but for everyone to be saying that they are there just to win premierships and not play higher is just wrong. They have gelled as a team, and anyone who wants to push for seconds, we had a seperate thirds side for this. The only thing they have done wrong, is that no matter if they were bowling to a 10 year old or a 30 year old, they would bowl flat out to get them out, bouncers and all. All in all, they are/were only third grade players, though they didnt play in the spirit of the game and everyone frowns upon it, they really arent able to play any higher. And a premiership is a premiership, (let alone three in a row!!!!)

Interesting talk guys, i've looked into this Lavy 3rd grade "dream team". Apparently this side in particular has been discussed at board meetings due to their exceptional performances in belting the daylights out of teams filled with young kids. I have also been told that this group of players declined (no told) their coach, they would not be split up nor any of their players promoted into 2nds!
This to me tells me they are in a category all of their own, one which should be called "wankers".
Come on boys do whats right for your club and stop puffing your chest over some 3rd grade premierships.....who at lavy needs to grow the balls to move these blokes on.....fancy having a mob like this tell you as a coach where they will or won't play...hardly club orientated stuff!

hey Ritchie this is Dan hummerich Captain of the "lavy 3rds dream team" (as you put it) for the last year or so Ive read posts on here from gutless people hiding behind fake names spreading rumors and thinking they know everything and ive always just laughed it off ...my favorite one would have to be the "lavy black overthrew the president of the club to put one of there own in the position bahahahaha that was gold we are a 3rd grade team for god sake as if we have that power ...anyway getting back to the topic the reason why iam actually posting on this pathetic website is I take great exception to the fact that iam not a "club" player ...I am a committee member ive just put my hand up for one of the assistant coaches spots for the U/15's , when my team isint playing you will usually see me at the 2nd grade or Div 1 3rd grade games supporting the boys, and on grandfinal day last year i was at the 1st grade game watching every ball hoping the boys would get over the line...and you tell me iam not a club player ????
now I will agree that 3rd grade is mostly for kids, old farts or blokes that just want to have fun and i have no problem with you calling us wankers but really champ all the boys in my team fit into the "kids, old farts or blokes that just want to have" category
let me explain ...me for one i have a right hemopleger basically means my right side of my body is very weak , 3rd grade one dayers is all my body could handle I would love to be able to play higher but my body just wont let me
my vice captain (and best mate) newman holden use to be one of the greatest bowlers this comp has seen in any grade, but age and injury has caught up with him and even with playing 3rd grade one day cricket he struggles to get through it uninjured, but he loves the game to much and we have always wanted to play cricket together so he thought he would have a run in the 3s with me for a few years, most of the side would fall into the old fart category none of us want to play 2 day cricket simply because our bodies just wont let us , but having said that we forefited a game a while back so that we could fill the other 3rd grade side because they were so sort and ive already told the div 1 3rd grade captain that we will work together and if his short we will help him out, and any club funtions you will see 90% of the "dream team" there ...still not club players mate?????
at the end of the day we are all great mates we have a shitload of fun playing cricket together, we sledge each other more than we sledge the opposition and alot of the time the boys will come back to my place after a game for a few beers isint that what 3rd grade crickets all about???
and lastly we dominate sides...ritchie have you seen some of the games weve played, lets go through them shall we for starters all 3 grandfinals we have played in were so very close could have gone either way , the 1st year we played north albury they had the game won they needed something like 60 runs with 12 overs to go and 7 wickets in hand, we fought hard and one the game with 8 balls left with 11 runs needed, the 2nd grandfinal against st pats was very hard they had a great team all year and we won the game with 7 balls left and 2 wickets in hand, the 3rd grand final was against tallangatta everyone thought we were going to crush them but again we only just snuck over the line, there is teams we win big over but thats 3rd grade, the difference between clubs is every clubs goes out and finds A graders they dont care about 3rd grade and why should they, it should be up to the lower grade captains (me) to find players and thats what i do, theres to many captains that just rock up to training only weeks out before the 1st game and just see what rocks up, I make sure ive got the players well before training starts
so to ritchie and everyone else that has a cry about this "dream team" instead of crying about it go out and find some handy 3rd graders and take us on its really not that hard
having said all that I think its going to be a great year of cricket all 4 lavy grades should be up there , st pats will be hard to beat again they have a very handy all round side and good luck to steve baker and the new city boys I hope you guys do really well this year and finish 2nd behind panthers ;)
cheers hummer

In defense to our third grade dream team, that is all they are. They are only thirds players. Only really butch and georgie would be able to make the step up. Dont get me wrong, they are a great side, but for everyone to be saying that they are there just to win premierships and not play higher is just wrong. They have gelled as a team, and anyone who wants to push for seconds, we had a seperate thirds side for this. The only thing they have done wrong, is that no matter if they were bowling to a 10 year old or a 30 year old, they would bowl flat out to get them out, bouncers and all. All in all, they are/were only third grade players, though they didnt play in the spirit of the game and everyone frowns upon it, they really arent able to play any higher. And a premiership is a premiership, (let alone three in a row!!!!)

short and fast I dont know where your getting that we bowl flat out bouncers and all to 10 year old kids....mate when a jr come out i tell my bowlers NOT to bowl short and to put it on the stumps and if they are quicks i tell them to back off a bit, hell ive even bowled myself at times when young kids come to the crease . .. i dont know where your getting your info from

Hey Hummer, it was actually me that called your side the 'dream team' but it was meant as tongue in cheek simply because your side has dominated over the past three seasons and if you have a look at the games over that period (and yes the GF in all 3 wins could have gone either way), you have handed out some nasty floggings simply because you have a team of cricketers compared to most of the other sides. And to be perfectly honest, I recon that will continue while you keep this group together regardless of their age or injuries simply because some of your guys are still too good for this grade, but can't obviously play two day cricket.....so what do you do?

I could also be mistaken, but I was under the impression that Short and Fast was a lot closer to you that you obviously realise......LOL.....but I could be mistaken!

Mr Ritchie...well well well, another hater, welcome. Firstly let me state that I want to catch up and discuss the label of wankers you have given me and my team mates, thats if you can stop being a keyboard warrior for 5 min and actually post who you are, and after reading your 57 posts, posting something with substance would be nice to, all I have read in your posts are rumors, bitching and innuendo, let me know when you have time for that chat to clarify the wankers label.
Now to tear your arguement apart, not that it needs to be but hey, everyone is entitled to there opinion Ritchie, We play because we love the game, we are lucky enough to have a few talented players who have all ended up in the one team, normally clubs only get one or two good players in the lower grades we are lucky to have a few more due to the depth at Lavington Panthers, (last season our 1st's made Gf, 2nds Sf and we made and won the Gf) so dont be hating us for being a successful club, which really goes against your other worthless post dated,
(19 June 2010) and i quote (As Usual Lavington look like self imploding, the chokers of the competition are more focused on how good they think they are then how good they actually are. Shows the calibre of their personell for them to have an open stoush on this forum, all those guys up there that are worth having had better jump ship before it sinks! From the outside looking in this is certainly poor leadership, someone who is respected up there better grab hold of the reins before its too late.) Yer words of wisdom with our results from last season, your just a Lavy hater arent you...
The guys whom I play with play 3rd grade cause the other grades are filled with players who deserve to be there and are better players then us, its that simple, we are old and broken but being with a group of mates having fun on a saturday arvo isnt a bad way to pass the time, maybe you should try it instead of looking through the family photo album and seeing who you could have a arranged marriage with!
And we dont let players move up, look at some stats, you can read cant you? Mulvay, Rhook, Butcher and Mccormack have all moved on to play 2's and at the end of this season hopefully names like littlefair and maddison will show up there too. And for bowling at Juniors, we play hard but fair, juniors dont get hurt, we dont let that happen fast bowlers drop it a notch or slower bowlers are used and the guys we play against will back that comment up.
We like every club have our issues, but unless your part of our club Ritchie and want to help us keep going in the right direction crawl back under your rock or at least give constructive criticism and for all our sakes, dont breed.
Good luck to all the player and clubs this upcoming season, may the weather be kind and we get on the park more often then not.
Cheers
Fj

Once again Ritchie you just had to go too far. I've have posted on this forum before about calling people insulting names and I will do it again if need to, it is simply not acceptable. I wonder if you are man enough to apologise to the members of the "Dream Team" for insulting them.

I have been around Lavi (yes you are right got him gone, I do belong to the Lavi club) for quite a few years now and I agree with everything that hummer and Fj say and congratulate them on putting the record straight.

By the way I was suggesting that the other category they fall into is "old farts", which it seems at least hummer agrees with.

I also put myself in the "old farts" category.

Its pretty bad that they cant get the draws out a couple of weeks before that we start ie for blokes to get the time off work and things 2 start to play or travel if they have to

also any spinners around these days?

Ill-informed drivel. I strongly suggest validating such allegations from a credible source before voicing them publicly. Clearly yours is oblivious. Not doing so not only angers those the accusations are directed at, but it also makes you look like a moron when they're proved completely false. See Hummer and Fj's posts for more information.

Oh, and I have no affiliation with the Lavington Panthers Cricket Club. I'm happily retired until Hummer comes up with a sufficient appearance fee.

The only thing they have done wrong, is that no matter if they were bowling to a 10 year old or a 30 year old, they would bowl flat out to get them out, bouncers and all. All in all, they are/were only third grade players, though they didnt play in the spirit of the game and everyone frowns upon it, they really arent able to play any higher.

I've seen Hummer "bowl" (I use this term very loosely...) his disgustingly slow, multiple bouncing lollypops when a kid has arrived at the crease.

At the end of the day its thirds cricket which is made up of old blokes, kids, mugs and big fish in a small sea. If you blokes don't like it maybe you should petition CAW to put the stronger Lavi 3rds side in the 2nds and drop Dederang back to the 3rd grade. Dederang aren't competitve and i'm sure the Lavi boys would give more competiton.

Its pretty bad that they cant get the draws out a couple of weeks before that we start ie for blokes to get the time off work and things 2 start to play or travel if they have to

also any spinners around these days?
I agree part timer the draws for 3rds and juniors should have been out for a while.

When talking about spinners are you talking all grades ?

C Grade draw is up boys...... Let the fun the commence..

As for Lavi Black, who really cares, I play cricket to get out of the house and be active, have fun and socialise with a great bunch of blokes, winning is a bonus, but having mates who will be your friends for life, priceless.

C Grade draw is up boys...... Let the fun the commence..

As for Lavi Black, who really cares, I play cricket to get out of the house and be active, have fun and socialise with a great bunch of blokes, winning is a bonus, but having mates who will be your friends for life, priceless.
Finally.... Does anyone know where the North St Oval is ?

As for the Lavi Black boys, they are the same as you. Just hearing them in the field you know they just want to have fun.

Back