Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

I think unless either Dederang or Albury have a breakout season I'm sure they'll be safe

I daresay all three teams could be bunched together on talks of relegation... hopefully for the sake of eveness in the comp we see them be more competitive

on another note, some pretty big scores made in the last two weeks. anyone know of any records for most tons in a round of cricket? seven for the round?

Shame to see the Patties C2's side pull out of the comp.....they have been a pretty handy side.....spose some of those older blokes couldn't go on forever......it's a pity now that the District 2's, C1's and C2's all have an uneven number of teams which means byes for all of them

What are bloke's thoughts on the rep situation? I feel that over th last couple of years, it has really developed into a boys club. I was interested to see there were more district players in the squad this time ( however i think it was more because of nessesity and not because they earnt it, as in the paper they kept saying who was unavailable). I think it would be disheartening for blokes who either are not in the boys club (so dont get thought of) or blokes who play in the struggling sides. Ball was saying in the paper that they needed a spinner, what about andrew cremer from dederang, he is a good spinner and a really good bat. I dont know heaps about the weaker teams but going by reslts, what about m Spitiri (belvoir) or cremer or oconner (albury) or west (new city) all these blokes made runs on the weekend, top order bats as well. i dont know much about the weak teams, so i am just going purely on results. But surely these blokes should be in at least the squad, especially when blokes like warren marmo etc continually play rep cricket even though they dont make a run in club cricket. Also if the d dixon for albury is dan dixon from dederand, he surely should play, he is a good bat.

what are peoples thoughts, i just reckon if they are wanting increase the standard and stop making the rep cricket for here a joke, they should take it seriously and choose from all teams instead of just mainly lavington and st pats.

Is it a boys club or is the team selected simply by picking guys who constantly put their hands up. If you look at the pure stats over the past couple of years the team could look like this (and yes I realise the district boys have not been included):

Walk in bats:
Restall - Pats
Farrell - North
Jackson - Wod
Ball - Lavi

Its then a lottery between a couple of dozen guys who can just bat or bat and bowl to fill the 5th and 6th batman

Keeper:
Roberts - Wod

Bowlers:
Hawking - Pats
Daniel - North
Lade - Tall

Another lottery for the last bowling spot

Problem is, how many of the above are available to play rep? The above team is only ones person view and there are plenty of guys good enough that have not been named.......rep teams can be a boys club and once you are in, it can be hard to be overlooked. If you are part of a club who have guys you think are good enough, put their names forward to the selection committee and see how you go.

not a massive fan,
but looking at the results on the weekend 3 names come to mind for rep in the bowling department.
Jack Robinson
Sam Condon
and Byron Hales.
Any thoughts on these boys?

My understanding of how the rep squad works, is that the selectors do the selecting and the clubs dont nominate? correct me if i am wrong though, as im not 100% sure. but i am guessing i am right since there arent representatives from each club at the trainings.

In terms of the actual team, word has it that brenden kline boonskate is hurt, so i am wondering why he is selected in front of someone like byron hales who was previously mentioned. although no doubt there will always people who will be unavailable but i think that each club should have representatives at the rep training to at least better themselves. Look at provincial for an example, if a dederang had bj deans or pierri training with the rep guys then andrew cremer would have some depth of talent around him. same goes with albury, if a few younger blokes trained at rep training then not everything would be hinging on dixon, oconner and gilson. and if boothy is invoved in the rep stuff, he should be throwing those names up, and if that happens they may not get smashed by a thousand runs each week.

although i am stoked to see ash sutherland and mick walker playing, shows that district has still got some gun players who are still good enough to play rep in the so called 'provincial' comp.

My understanding of how the rep squad works, is that the selectors do the selecting and the clubs dont nominate? correct me if i am wrong though, as im not 100% sure. but i am guessing i am right since there arent representatives from each club at the trainings.

In terms of the actual team, word has it that brenden kline boonskate is hurt, so i am wondering why he is selected in front of someone like byron hales who was previously mentioned. although no doubt there will always people who will be unavailable but i think that each club should have representatives at the rep training to at least better themselves. Look at provincial for an example, if a dederang had bj deans or pierri training with the rep guys then andrew cremer would have some depth of talent around him. same goes with albury, if a few younger blokes trained at rep training then not everything would be hinging on dixon, oconner and gilson. and if boothy is invoved in the rep stuff, he should be throwing those names up, and if that happens they may not get smashed by a thousand runs each week.

although i am stoked to see ash sutherland and mick walker playing, shows that district has still got some gun players who are still good enough to play rep in the so called 'provincial' comp.

Walker and Sutherland I believe are both unavailable for the trip.
Pretty sure the lateness of arrival back in Albury has a bit to do with why blokes arent commiting

So a bit of rain around. we will get a game of cricket on the weekend though. teams chasing runs may struggle though with the lack of preparation of the wickets being allowed this week. for wodonga, it may not matter really with lavi not having tonky bowling his offies. Tallangatta are in a good spot with north chasing 260 but no doubt north will do everything they can to produce an absolute belter for batting. albury are in a world of hurt, not only are they chasing 300, belvoir's pitch wont even be looked at by the roller, would expect a goattrack this week albury boys, especially with the rain during the week for them to use as an excuse. Hope dederang put up a good fight, but cant see st pats making less that 350-400 with dederang having no bowlers.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I have been very critical of rep lately and i think it has been justified. i watched the first bit of the 20/20 on sunday and was absolutely disgusted. one bloke turned up 10 mins after the game had started after a bit night on the town, and a couple of others still looking very much worse for wear after a bit saturday night. Those blokes obviously didnt take it seriously and the scorecard on both 20/20 games showed it.

As for the fifty over game, i watched after leaving the 20/20 game, and could not believe that wodonga had prepared a separate pitch to the one that had 300 runs made on it, and why play an important rep game on a brand new pitch? the golbern valley bowlers made good use of it and you cant blame a low batting total from caw. absolutely terrible form from wodonga and no doubt erdlejack would be embarrassed by the quality of the pitch that wodonga put up.

As for the weekends rep, all three games were lost, and there cant be a lot of blame put on the konica cup side, trent ball needs to pull the other team into line. i no he is a blokes bloke, but their conduct was absolutely terrible, throwing footballs before the game, not even getting ready. no wonder rep cricket is a joke around here, i would rather see 12 second graders there who actually care about their own performances. DISGRACEFUL!!!!

I have been very critical of rep lately and i think it has been justified. i watched the first bit of the 20/20 on sunday and was absolutely disgusted. one bloke turned up 10 mins after the game had started after a bit night on the town, and a couple of others still looking very much worse for wear after a bit saturday night. Those blokes obviously didnt take it seriously and the scorecard on both 20/20 games showed it.

As for the fifty over game, i watched after leaving the 20/20 game, and could not believe that wodonga had prepared a separate pitch to the one that had 300 runs made on it, and why play an important rep game on a brand new pitch? the golbern valley bowlers made good use of it and you cant blame a low batting total from caw. absolutely terrible form from wodonga and no doubt erdlejack would be embarrassed by the quality of the pitch that wodonga put up.

As for the weekends rep, all three games were lost, and there cant be a lot of blame put on the konica cup side, trent ball needs to pull the other team into line. i no he is a blokes bloke, but their conduct was absolutely terrible, throwing footballs before the game, not even getting ready. no wonder rep cricket is a joke around here, i would rather see 12 second graders there who actually care about their own performances. DISGRACEFUL!!!!
How many people go and watch these games?
I ask that as I drove past Kelly Park yesterday and noticed that there were about a 100 people watching a game there. When I pulled up I realised it was a Super Rules game between Belvoir's new "dream-team" and North Albury. CAW may be better off putting money into these games as at least they're a laugh.

Very well said champ !!! They struggled to get numbers because of all the rep cricket on the same weekend. What I find very funny is that after all the loses they mentioned country week. Gee I thought CAW didn't give a crap about it. I bet they don't even win a game at country week.

Back to the real stuff. Raiders did it easy against Yack and Kiewa got flogged by Howlong. So who will be the top sides in district??
The only import is the one from Tallangatta and he seems to be doing well !! Where are the rest of them ?? Lavi are still having trouble with there's. I reckon they should give up on him and think about the rest of the season.
Well done to Creamer from Dederang on his great game. 95 runs and 5 wickets .

Wow....just heard on the radio TBall walked out on Lavi......be a mighty good pick up for one of the struglling sides with a bunch of young kids
So T-Ball has walked out on Lavi. If you by the Border Mail more to follow. I'm tipping Marmo won't stay around. And maybe some of the Rep players will go away? Anyones thoughts ? They did mention Wodonga as possible team for him. just wondering if the youngs would like to dropped to the 2's if all of these guys go there aswell? Hey Hummer can you shed any light on this big story and if your import is still coming??

So T-Ball has walked out on Lavi. If you by the Border Mail more to follow. I'm tipping Marmo won't stay around. And maybe some of the Rep players will go away? Anyones thoughts ? They did mention Wodonga as possible team for him. just wondering if the youngs would like to dropped to the 2's if all of these guys go there aswell? Hey Hummer can you shed any light on this big story and if your import is still coming??
Wonder how all those ego's at Lavi would go if half the team left and they wound up being relegated. Would be hilarious to see their reaction to turning up to Eskdale and playing on their metre wide synthetic strip!

Wonder how all those ego's at Lavi would go if half the team left and they wound up being relegated. Would be hilarious to see their reaction to turning up to Eskdale and playing on their metre wide synthetic strip!
You might find that it is the one's with the egos who leave and it is left to those who are loyal and would "bleed for the club" who are the ones who stay. Will be a real test of character as to what decision people make.

Back